News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The painted ones

Started by Vulpin, August 31, 2011, 09:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutra

I haven't read Doomwyte so that's why I didn't get it.  I thought you were speaking of the lemurs being a weak replacement.

D'oh....  :P
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Defiantly true. I preferred them in the earlier books as well. for much the same reason.
In the Long Patrol, if I'm not mistaken, they spoke very primitive english. I'd still call them as much threatening and mysterious as in Mattimeo though.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Log-a-Log

Yah, they were the scariest in Mattimeo
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

winifred

maybe the flitcheye and the painted ones are the same and are (weasats) ;D just a germane thought. I dont like how they talk in english either seems less scary :(
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Blademaster

I loved it when that female one killed the logalog in the doomwyte :-*
Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

Cheesethief

It seems like the wood of the painted ones is always moving around too, first it was in the south in Mattimeo, then in Long patrol it was up north of redwall. Also, were those things in Legend of Luke while they were rowing downstream painted ones or flithaye, you know the ones that used the net to capture them but Martin cut it while folgrim fought them?

Taggerung The Otter

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on September 03, 2011, 03:10:58 AM
Reminds me more of a Flitchaye than a Painted One...

The Flitchaye were ferrets
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Coobreedan

I thought they were monkeys for a moment. Then I just decided they were their own species: Painted Ones.
It's hard to believe Stonefleck was their commander.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Troy Troodon

King Harraie: "Join my in my Simian Empire my Friends.
So what if I'm crazy? Atleast I admit my insanity.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Coobreedan on November 11, 2011, 05:12:23 PM
I thought they were monkeys for a moment. Then I just decided they were their own species: Painted Ones.
It's hard to believe Stonefleck was their commander.

Stonefleck was not their commander, he commanded the Longtail horde
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

W0NWILL

It be interesting if they were chipmunks, it seems plausible.

Redwallfan7

They looked like monkeys in the t.v show. What are they supposed to be exactly?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

I say either chipmunks or a sorta tree rat.

Dannflower Reguba

LOL, They ARE Tree rats!  :D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ajc3000fox

Quote from: Log-a-Log on September 05, 2011, 12:50:50 AM
Yah, they were the scariest in Mattimeo
Indeed, They seemed to loose their idendity. The went from strange mysterious and undeaftable when in their own element to. A handable threat, and very understood.
"The way is dangerous, take this." " A gift? Will it protect me?" No, a sword is never a gift. It only brings death. It is a curse and gives you the duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I hope one day you will forgive me."

https://www.facebook.com/RedwallSeries