News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Survival RP Possiblity, Discussion and Infromation Topic.

Started by LT Sandpaw, March 04, 2015, 07:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoul I cotinue This?

Yes!
No!
Maybe...

LT Sandpaw

Hello my fine and slightly mysterious forum friends. I'm Lieutenant Sandpaw along with my copycat cousin Sandfur.

We have decided to start our own little mini RP contest featuring a survival setting where the goal of the players is to survive. It will be all for fun and run by me and Sandfur with the winner getting bragging rights.

The contestants will play the RP as they normally would with a few added rules and continue until the RP ends. What will be different is that every week or so we'll have a vote (Most likely in the cellars as they are more popular) On who will die, essentially.
As we slowly kill off the entire cast, The over all goal of the players is to write a story that is interesting to the viewers so they will let the player live for another round. If a player is voted out they will have to depict themselves dying in a way that will still fit the story as soon as possible, whether its in one or two posts.

Me and Sandfur are still coming up with finer points and rules to make it work for everyone.
If you have heard of something like this before a similar event has taken place a while back, elsewhere.

So this is where you guys come in, this is still just an idea and may never be incorporated so we need Questions, Ideas, Comments, Concerns and the like. Whether to go along with it or not and if you would be interested in participating. Or whether you feel its an awful idea and should never be considered again.

I think that's all for now but I will be posting more later if it has any popularity with the forum members.
                 Thanks again.
                                  LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jetthebinturong

Right so, it sounds like Mafia only without the teams. The most important thing is that the reason they're dying has to make sense? Are we sacrificing them? Are we killing them to conserve supplies? Are they being hunted by a monster? Personally I like the idea of being trapped somewhere with a monster and finding a safe zone that the monster won't enter and voting on who to let free into the monster's lair to conserve supplies. I might write a book on that......
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Wylder Treejumper

^^That's a little... Disturbing, Jet.

However, I like the idea, Lieutenant.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Faiyloe

I think this is a cool idea and I would defiantly try it (If my life lets me). I Agree with Wylder. I think the deaths should be a lot less voluntary and more on accident or in an encounter with something (Like the red shirts ;)). 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

LT Sandpaw

I'm a little confused whether that's a question or not Jett seeing how you kinda went down a rabbit trail, none the less I'll answer your ah... post.

It does sound a bit like Mafia except the reason someone will die is because the player haven't been actively posting, or there writing is bad, or the posts are boring to read. The RP players will be focusing on survival from things like natural dangers, infection wounds and the like and interacting with other players. The story they create will determine whether they stay in the RP or not,  Are you following?

Edit for Faiy: The deaths are completely not up to the player but to the voters. The player with the most votes then has to kill themselves but still staying friendly to the story. Then their out of the RP completely but can still vote. Does this make any sense at all?

Hickory

So,in short,it's a cross between OO's and Hunger Games.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

Sounds interesting! I'm honestly a bit confused and some details may need to be crystallized. But it sounds like a creative idea, so if you want, go for it.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Faiyloe

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on March 04, 2015, 08:26:33 PM
I'm a little confused whether that's a question or not Jett seeing how you kinda went down a rabbit trail, none the less I'll answer your ah... post.

It does sound a bit like Mafia except the reason someone will die is because the player haven't been actively posting, or there writing is bad, or the posts are boring to read. The RP players will be focusing on survival from things like natural dangers, infection wounds and the like and interacting with other players. The story they create will determine whether they stay in the RP or not,  Are you following?

Edit for Faiy: The deaths are completely not up to the player but to the voters. The player with the most votes then has to kill themselves but still staying friendly to the story. Then their out of the RP completely but can still vote. Does this make any sense at all?

I sorry I think I wasn't clear about that. I understood. I just meant the way that a player went about killing themselves in contrast to Jets suggestion.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on March 04, 2015, 08:52:56 PM
So,in short,it's a cross between OO's and Hunger Games.

Not really the hunger games the players are more then welcome to survive as a group and are discouraged to fight. But yes very similar to OO except Overlords Orders is mostly in past tense whereas Survival RP will be an actual story.

Quote from: Skyblade on March 04, 2015, 09:23:23 PM
Sounds interesting! I'm honestly a bit confused and some details may need to be crystallized. But it sounds like a creative idea, so if you want, go for it.

Thanks Sky, can always count on a encouraging word from you, If you want some clearer explanation on some things just ask I'll do my best. ;)

Quote from: Faiyloe on March 04, 2015, 09:40:09 PM
I sorry I think I wasn't clear about that. I understood. I just meant the way that a player went about killing themselves in contrast to Jets suggestion.

Okay, well the player would most likely have to kill themselves due to some danger or another, it most likely will have nothing to do with another player.

Blaggut

I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!
~Just a soft space boi~

LT Sandpaw

Hey Blaggut I guess you like the idea  ;D We'll I'm glad your in. If I ever get around to it I'll start figuring things out and see if I can get a sign up going.