News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Hablemos en español

Started by Skyblade, March 06, 2015, 01:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you speak Spanish?

Yes
2 (6.7%)
Kind of
14 (46.7%)
No
14 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Skyblade

Sí, por favor. Muchas gracias.

I was just hoping it doesn't bother you. We can always take about your interests :D

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Skyblade on March 08, 2015, 03:46:08 PM
Sí, por favor. Muchas gracias.

I was just hoping it doesn't bother you. We can always take about your interests :D

Ok, let's see:

Quote from: Skyblade on March 08, 2015, 03:27:36 PM
Gracias! :) Y sí, no me gusta la calor.

Yo disfruto esto. Sierra, quiero decir que realmente aprecio que estas haciendo para mi. Eres muy cálido, amigo mío :)

Here you are just missing a word to connect both sentences (in this case, "lo"): realmente aprecio LO que estás haciendo por mí. Don't feel bad, though. Those tricks are hard to pull off (oh, and no problem :)).

Also:
QuoteY sí, no me gusta la calor.

Conceptual mistake: "No me gusta el calor". It's not even a great mistake, it's just a problem you have when choosing between masculine and feminine words. A great example for this (or at least one that I can actually think of) is when you are talking about ships in English. For me, in my language, the ship should be called "it", because is an object, but for the English speakers is "her". As I said before, this tricks are hard to pull off, and I swear that I don't completely understand them either :P

QuoteI was just hoping it doesn't bother you. We can always take about your interests :D

Nah, I'm fine with your topics :) Feel free to ask me whatever you want to know, though!
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Skyblade

Gracias otra vez :D

Sí, ingles es difícil también. Tiene muchas normas aleatorias de ortografía y gramática.

Luftwaffles

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Skyblade

Gracias! Finalmente alguien que entiende tus pruebas, si? :D

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Skyblade on March 08, 2015, 08:05:40 PM
Gracias! Finalmente alguien que entiende tus pruebas, si? :D

I'm having a bit of a trouble with that one. What did you exactly mean?

I just ate an Asado and had a little drink, so I'm not thinking straight :P

Skyblade

Oh, I said that you finally met someone who understands the problems of learning English. Sorry, sometimes my Spanish is like that :P

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Skyblade on March 08, 2015, 08:11:38 PM
Oh, I said that you finally met someone who understands the problems of learning English. Sorry, sometimes my Spanish is like that :P

Oooh yeah, totally. When I first started this, I was the very definition of the nonsense... I was in situations in which I probably meant to ask you "how was your day" and I would end up talking about the weather instead. It was not pretty :P

Thankfully, you are very very far from that :)

Y para continuar con la lección... ¿qué comiste hoy?.

Skyblade

I bet you're weren't that bad at all :D

Hmm...yo comí un sándwich, una sopa, una barrita de cereales, y comida coreana.

¿Qué haces hoy?

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Skyblade on March 09, 2015, 01:40:26 AM
I bet you're weren't that bad at all :D

Hmm...yo comí un sándwich, una sopa, una barrita de cereales, y comida coreana.

¿Qué haces hoy?

(That was brilliant!).

Ahora es casi medianoche, así que probablemente no haga nada más :P ¿Vos? :)

And yes, I was all that bad :)

Little side note: You know what? I love this thread :) And it makes happy whenever it gets a new reply. Thank you for create it.

Skyblade

Muchas gracias, aunque aún uso Word Reference.

Ups, tuve la intención de decir "Qué hiciste hoy?" :-X

Aww, estoy muy contenta porque dijiste eso :)

Oh and one thing, it sounds better if you say, "Thank you for creating it" ^^ Hey, I had an idea. I know you're already fluent in English, but if you need any help with it for any reason, you can ask me. I would be happy to help you in any way I can :)

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Skyblade on March 09, 2015, 02:59:45 AM
Muchas gracias, aunque aún uso Word Reference.

Ups, tuve la intención de decir "Qué hiciste hoy?" :-X

Aww, estoy muy contenta porque dijiste eso :)

Oh and one thing, it sounds better if you say, "Thank you for creating it" ^^ Hey, I had an idea. I know you're already fluent in English, but if you need any help with it for any reason, you can ask me. I would be happy to help you in any way I can :)

Quit reading my mind! I was just about to ask you for help :D I can't believe that I made a mistake like that, though, but I'm glad that you were around to point it out :) Most people get offended when you correct them, but I'm not the case, so feel free to do so whenever I mess things up. I won't bite :D

Me alegro que te pongas contenta, de verdad!

Ahh y yo entendí que quisiste poner "¿qué hiciste hoy?" Pero igual no está mal lo que te salió... igual te lo contesto, comí un asado y miré un partido con mi cuñado.

¿Vos, querida? :)!

MeadowR

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on March 07, 2015, 11:04:03 PM

Dude, that was really good! You only had minor mistakes (if you wish, I can point them out and tell you how to correct them ;)).

Gracias! :P Si, do let me know how I can improve the sentence. I might not remember, though. XD I did mean to write 'series' after libro but really didn't know what the word was in Espanol.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Luftwaffles

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on March 09, 2015, 03:48:12 PM
Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on March 07, 2015, 11:04:03 PM

Dude, that was really good! You only had minor mistakes (if you wish, I can point them out and tell you how to correct them ;)).

Gracias! :P Si, do let me know how I can improve the sentence. I might not remember, though. XD I did mean to write 'series' after libro but really didn't know what the word was in Espanol.

Ok, let's see :):

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on March 07, 2015, 10:07:38 PM
Err... *ahem*

Hola, amigos. Me llamo 'MeadowRabbit'. Tengo veintiseis anos. Me gusto 'Redwall' porque es muy bien libro. Me odio mathematics porque es aburrido. :(

Hope that doesn't sound too bad? I haven't had a Spanish lesson in years and I wasn't great at learning then, anyway, but some vocab has stuck with me. :)

QuoteTengo veintiseis anos. Me gusta 'Redwall' porque es un muy bien libro. Me odio matemáticas porque es aburrido. :(

In this first sentence you did a good job, but here are the corrections: you wrote "me gusto" but you the right word to use was "me gusta". "Me gusto" is often used to talk about the taste of something (mostly food, although you can also say that you are having fun with something, and thus, liking it).

Also you are missing a connector here ("un"): without it your sentence would read like this: "I like Redwall because is good book" :)

Your third mistake was one that I hadn't encountered before: you used one extra word... or something. "Me" shouldn't be there, although I get it that you used it instead of "I". Also, "matemáticas" wasn't translated.

You did a good job here, though :)

@Sky: Let's start the day off with some work :P ¿Qué tal estuvo tu día, pasó algo interesante? :)

Skyblade

Mi día ha estado bien :) aunque típico. ¿Y tuyo?

Aah I don't know if it's supposed to be "bien" or "bueno".