News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Hablemos en español

Started by Skyblade, March 06, 2015, 01:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you speak Spanish?

Yes
2 (6.7%)
Kind of
14 (46.7%)
No
14 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Hickory

Verdad, pero tú estudias baile todos los dias para un mucho tiempo.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

SilentSam

No tengo idea de lo que alguien está diciendo que estoy utilizando Google Translate, no hablo español! Estoy (tratando) para aprender alemán y francés! Esto es tan confuso!
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on October 14, 2015, 01:19:01 AM
He said that he speaks a little Spanish. Not enough, apparently, because he left "talk" in the infinitive form. (that is to say, he didn't conjugate it)
Yeah. I've only been in Spanish for one quarter. I can only speak in present tense, and I can conjugate all of three verbs (ser, estar, tener).
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Hickory

Mm.

Sky, you misconjugated the title. You appear to be using future tense ("we will speak Spanish") but you didn't leave hablar as an infinitive. It should be hablaremos.

Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 14, 2015, 01:43:31 AM
Well, then, smartypants, I'm more comfortable with my first language.

(Still, though, I bet none of you would make sense of tombe pottaburay glissade grande jete pique pique shenay shenay shenay shenay shenay lame duck lame duck lame duck sashay step grande jete pottashaw glissage posse prep fouette fouette fouette fouette fouette fouette fouette fouette tombe pottaburay posse prep double pirouette run off. Hah!)

Something else I'd like to say: That's not "dance" language, it's technically a mash of languages (mostly French, although I'm pretty sure some other languages were thrown in later when different countries started to dance) so, while I am impressed, it doesn't really give you an advantage. Let's call it even.

Hickory

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on October 14, 2015, 03:11:09 AM

(Still, though, I bet none of you would make sense of tombe pottaburay glissade grande jete pique pique shenay shenay shenay shenay shenay lame duck lame duck lame duck sashay step grande jete pottashaw glissade posse prep fouette fouette fouette fouette fouette fouette fouette fouette tombe pottaburay posse prep double pirouette run off. Hah!)

Something else I'd like to say: That's not "dance" language, it's technically a mash of languages (mostly French, although I'm pretty sure some other languages were thrown in later when different countries started to dance) so, while I am impressed, it doesn't really give you an advantage. Let's call it even.

WHAAAAAT?!?! Look, buddy, don't insult the ballet language. Okay? Just don't. Insult my SPELLING of it if you like - But not the terminology. Mash of languages, my hiney! That's a rather difficult combo, I'll have you know! Thus the 'prep's and the 'run off.' And while I admit the lame ducks ARE English, I have no idea why we call them that, no one I know does. And THAT, all the little bits and pieces, makes the dance language ITS OWN LANGUAGE.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 15, 2015, 12:13:24 AM
Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on October 14, 2015, 03:11:09 AM

(Still, though, I bet none of you would make sense of tombe pottaburay glissade grande jete pique pique shenay shenay shenay shenay shenay lame duck lame duck lame duck sashay step grande jete pottashaw glissade posse prep fouette fouette fouette fouette fouette fouette fouette fouette tombe pottaburay posse prep double pirouette run off. Hah!)

WHAAAAAT?!?! Look, buddy, don't insult the ballet language. Okay? Just don't. Insult my SPELLING of it if you like - But not the terminology. Mash of languages, my hiney! That's a rather difficult combo, I'll have you know! Thus the 'prep's and the 'run off.' And while I admit the lame ducks ARE English, I have no idea why we call them that, no one I know does. And THAT, all the little bits and pieces, makes the dance language ITS OWN LANGUAGE.

Yeah, but while you call it your own language and a language in itself, sure, it has a translation, but you can't hold a logical, normal conversation in it. You can't say to a friend that you "have fun being around them" in "ballet language".

Y tú no llamas me "Buddy"

(that was probably terrible grammar)

Cornflower MM

And that matters in a language? And watch me. I'll figure out a logical conversation.

Søren

Buanos días!

Cornflower MM

Søren

Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 15, 2015, 03:55:28 PM
E, not A. I think. :P
(I know for sure that I missed the accent above the í though :P )

Cornflower MM

Heh heh. I can't do accents on a keyboard, either. :P

Skyblade

@Sage: Hablemos en espanol significa "Let's speak Spanish". Creo que es correcto, porque Sierra no dijo nada sobre el titulo.

Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 16, 2015, 07:38:23 PM
Heh heh. I can't do accents on a keyboard, either. :P

Jaja, yo tambien. No me importa :P

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Søren

Duolingo está sólo me enseñaba frases básicas estúpidas que probablemente nunca utilizo, estoy sólo apenas entrar en frases reales que me haría algo bueno en una conversación más allá de los saludos de rigor y frases que he conocido. Y sí, he usado Traducir para este post.