News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Mafia Game?

Started by Jetthebinturong, March 15, 2015, 05:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

So, if there was a Mafia game on this site, would anyone join?

For those of you that don't know what Mafia is, there are two teams which are generally called Town and Scum (though they'd have different names depending on the game). The aim of the Town players is to get rid of all the Scum by voting them out, the aim of the Scum players is to outnumber the Town. Players are assigned their roles through PM.

Basically, after an inciting incident, the inhabitants of a place discover that a minority of inhabitants is evil (these are the Scum) however they don't know who and so they have to gather evidence and argue their opinions on who should be voted out. However, since there is no way of knowing who the Scum are, they also have a vote and will be working to vote out the Town. Only one person can be voted out per day (which would last from 2-4 days depending on what the players wanted) and after day comes night.

Each player (or at least the majority) have a Night Action such as killing or investigation which is assigned to them with their character. At night (which lasts as long as a day), the players PM the game-master what they want to do and at the end of the night, the game-master looks at all the PMs and decides what happens and will then send back PMs telling people the results of their actions, these results will be up to the players to reveal in their debates (you are indeed allowed to lie). Also the game-master may decide to reveal things that had only two people involved (typically an attacker and a victim) in the topic (with only the victim being known.

There are also Neutral characters who will win whatever the outcome, providing they survive.

The Scum all know who their allies are.

It takes a majority vote to convict a player. Once a player has been killed or convicted they are out of the game and are not allowed to participate. During the day, players may ask the game-master to clarify some things.

Typically there would be a thread for each day which would be closed at the end of voting with the OP revealing the outcomes of the previous night.

So, what do people think?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Gonff the Mousethief

I definitely would play. I've played something like this with some friends. Sounds fun and exciting!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Mhera

This sounds interesting; I'm willing to play.

LT Sandpaw

Sounds fun, I'd do it.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Izeroth

Unimaginative

I've played a different version of this, but I'd definitely try it this way.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Jetthebinturong

Anyone else? The recommended minimum is seven players

Rainshadow

Heh, I play this at band nearly every week.  Sure, I'll join!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

So we need one more player, preferably more but at least one

Kitsune

I would be willing to play.

Rusvul

Jetthebinturong

Alright then, I'll wait until the end of tomorrow for more entries and then I'll get to work writing the story

Wylder Treejumper

I'll play. I love Mafia!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Banya

The Mask

I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock