Dogs
4 (22.2%)
No preference
8 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Rainshadow

@Deli-chan:  Wait, you actually like how Irish Wolfhounds look?  I've always thought they looked a bit... Iunno, mangy.

Look at this gorgeous Snowshoe:

Isn't this Snowshoe so much better-looking than Deli-chan's Irish Mangehound?  (Heh, see what I did there?  I swapped "wolf" for "mange".  I'm so funny.  ;D)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

That thing is adorable
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Eulaliaaa!

I've had both cats and a dog. The dog was a golden retriever and was so hard to look after that we had to give her away soon after we got her. She pulled my brother into a pond, chewed on furniture, pooped all over the yard, always barked at night, and smelled really terrible. Now my cats are different. I had a cat named Tigger, who was the friendliest cat ever. He would always wait at the top of the stairs when I got home from school, then would follow me around until I picked him up. When I did, he would go limp and purr. He loved everyone and always came when I called him, I really loved him (lost him this summer though  :'( ). I have two now, Raja and Shadow. They are both really nice (Shadow can be a little brat sometimes) and like people. Especially Raja. She sleeps by my pillow every night. Cats are also really sensitive to feelings (at least my cats are). When I was little, I would sometimes get hurt and start to cry. Raja would come and meow at me, rubbing her head up against me and making sure I was ok. I could go on forever about how cats are so much better than dogs, but I'll stop here  :P

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Skyblade

It truly warmed my heart to read that post, Eul :) I'm sorry about Tigger though.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

James Gryphon

We didn't get cats until '07, I think largely because we thought I'd be allergic. Once we did, it turned out to be a great thing (at least that's my opinion). Booky is a cat who is like me in most ways -- approximately the same body type, and the same degree of sociability, neuroticism, and eccentricities. She also loves me, and only tolerates everyone else. She usually lays near wherever I am, coming up to snuggle with me if I'm in the bed, reacts when I'm obviously upset, for her part cries sometimes if she wants me to come, and rubs up on my legs to greet me whenever we've been separated for a length of time.

To sum it up, she's in my top #3 of best friends. If I were ever to get a girlfriend, a deciding factor in whether or not they stick around will be how my cat and the girl get along. I'm not asking them to like each other, but the girl has to be willing to care for her.

Our other cat, Spooky, is a self-sufficient little huntress, although she's been getting lazy the past couple of years or so. If she isn't a Bombay she's as close as any cat of uncertain backgrounds who was rescued off the street can get. She likes to climb up on people's chests and start kneading. Another interesting thing about her: she likes being rubbed very vigorously, like a dog. The harder you do it the better she seems to enjoy it. Try to pick her up, though, and she'll begin to complain, very loudly. She doesn't like feeling confined at all. Oh well.

On the loss: I'm sorry; I know what that's like. I had to take Buffy (possibly the last of the good dogs) to have her put to sleep a few months back. I can still vividly remember what it was like before, during and after the process, and it still hurts.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Quote from: Rainshadow on March 17, 2015, 12:14:58 AM
  @Deli-chan:  Wait, you actually like how Irish Wolfhounds look?  I've always thought they looked a bit... Iunno, mangy.

Look at this gorgeous Snowshoe:

Isn't this Snowshoe so much better-looking than Deli-chan's Irish Mangehound?  (Heh, see what I did there?  I swapped "wolf" for "mange".  I'm so funny.  ;D)

It looks like it has vomited and hasn't cleaned its chin yet... ;D

Quote from: Russa's Awesome StatementCats........yuck...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Mask

We have a wolfhound nearby and I hate it. It keeps barking and being stupid every time I pass it.
I have to say I prefer cats. I like them both but honestly, I'm a cat person. Cat's are independent,smart, caring,funny and kind. Dogs are also these things but to a lesser extent.

And to all of you who think cats are uncaring,read Eul's comment ;)
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Jetthebinturong

Oh yeah, another point in the favour of cats:

Their noises aren't as annoying as a dog's (and usually aren't annoying at all)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Delthion

Cats noises aren't annoying?! Both of our cats yowl like it's the end of the world! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Skyblade

I voted for no preference, since I really do like then both. They just have their pros and cons.

Like, dogs do seem friendlier and more helpful, but cats can be rather friendly too. And I heard that dogs can be very dangerous. It's true that cats seem more aloof, but dogs can be considerably unfriendly as well.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Banya

I strongly dislike cats and always have.  I don't have patience for their attitude.  I love dogs to no end, however.  I grew up with a wonderful, sweet-tempered golden retriever named Jenni.  We've been missing a dog in our lives since she died 5 years ago, so last year we adopted a puppy from the pound I used to volunteer at.  Fletcher is a little mutt - we think we can identify some pit bull, boxer, American bulldog and Jack Russell.  He was a lazy puppy, but he's a year old now and likes to run, launch himself off of furniture, and dig holes under the fence to play with the neighbour's cairn terrier.  Fletcher failed his Canine Citizenship test, but he's improving.  I think my parents are good trainers and do a great job of being loving but firm with him.  He's getting there, and he's much better off with us than he would be with someone who didn't care enough to train him.  He doesn't jump on or growl at people and never bites; we can say that much.  Those are pretty good signs of a trained dog.  My puppy is gentle and loving (he holds eye contact well), but he's also incredibly stupid.  In my eyes he's perfect.

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: Skyblade on March 17, 2015, 12:44:43 AM
It truly warmed my heart to read that post, Eul :) I'm sorry about Tigger though.

Thank you, and I'm sure he's fine whether he is. He broke his leg and we had to take him to the vet (I wasn't able to say goodbye, so that was the last time I saw him). They were able to save him, but we had to give him away because his leg would never be the same again and we have stairs and other pets. He broke something in his hip. I actually wish we had to put him down, because at least I would know he was out of his pain. Not knowing if he's with a good, loving owner absolutely kills me. It's even worse because I don't have many pictures of him, just a few of his face and a really blurry one of him lying on his back...
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Kitsune

I like both cats and dogs.