News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Girls Vs. Guys Official Topic II

Started by James Gryphon, March 25, 2015, 06:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luftwaffles

42!

That's cool, though. I have had a lot of fun playing games like "FIFA 2015", "PES 2015", "FEAR", "Resident Evil 6" and "Mortal Kombat" on the PS3, but the catalog seems fairly limited. I so wish that the games weren't as expensive, though... I have to buy them half-to-half with a friend.

And I agree, 400 is a lot of money to spend on such thing.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Søren

Yup. I don't play a huge variety of games either, I only have 6. But I play them all the time. ::)
How many games do you usually play on your PC?

I'm retired from the forum

Luftwaffles

40!

Not so many, actually. I'm buying a lot of them on Steam but I don't like to play on PC because 1) I can't risk to damage my system -since I work from it- and 2) it's really really weak.

But I have currently installed the following games: "Medal of Honor: Allied Assault", "Diablo", "FIFA 99", "Grim Fandango", "SiN", "Age of Empires II: The Conquerors", "Age of Mythology: Gold Edition" and "Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition". I haven't played most of them since I installed them, though.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Søren

39!
Yeah, I can see that. I don't really have a reason to not play on my computer, but it's just I like the controls best on the playstation. And while there are controllers for the computer to use, I just never really got to buying one.  :P

Luftwaffles

38!

Yeah, some of my friends bought that Xbox Controller for PC and I was like... "what the heck is that?" :P I don't like to play with joysticks on the PC because I can't get used to them... I mean, I have this nice keyboard, full of useful keys right in front of me, why should I handicap my experience this much? :P The only exception I have made to this was when I bought the "Combat Flight Simulator" games, and I swear that those are designed to make you buy a joystick.

Søren

37!
Yeah, I think it depends on what kind of video game system did you initially get used to. Like, I have a Wii I used before my PS3. I rarely played on the computer because I had started playing video games on the Wii already. So I got used to the controls on a Wii, and it was easy to learn and the memorize the PlayStation controls because of that. It's just different when I try with a keyboard. Mostly because I'm already used to the other kind of controls.

Banya

Søren

Luftwaffles

36!

Yeah, I know what you mean. My first video game console was a Nintendo NES (you know, two buttons) but the transition to PC wasn't all that of hard to make, plus I have been playing on the PC since long before Windows 95, so that should give you an idea of how used I'm to keyboards in general. I can't, and I repeat, I can't play on things such as the Wii. I don't know why, it just feels... awkward to me.

Søren

Yeah, if you don't use it when your young, and your not elderly, you probably won''t care for it.

Luftwaffles

34!

There's also the feeling I get from most of those games. Wii Sports is so much fun, but the rest don't appeal me... I mean, do I get to cut someone's head off while doing that precise movement with my Wii Mote? Cool, but why should it use it to shoot somebody as well? That doesn't make any sense to me :P

Søren

Yeah, I see. I don't have much experience with that, the only violence I've played is a Cabells hunting game and the swords in Wii Spirts Resort.

Dibbun Against Bedtime

Wow, you guys share a lot of my interests in games. I love FIFA 14/15! Also, I used to have a Wii, and I played Mario Kart quite a lot. ;D  Man, I could play Mario Kart all day...
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Luftwaffles

I see. Out of curiosity, have you ever played Xbox? That's another console that I have hard time playing.

Do you play the online tournaments, DAB? :)

Also, Mario Kart rocks!

Søren

I've played some demos, it's basically the same as PlayStation with some minor differences. One, the co trolls are different. Two, there a couple of exclusive games to each console. But if you can play PS3, you can get the hang of Xbox pretty soon. I chose PlayStation because it was cheaper, wasn't owned by Microsoft, and had an elegance I didn't think Xbox had.
@Dab
Yes! Mario Cart is awesome. Have you beaten all the races?