News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Girls Vs. Guys Official Topic II

Started by James Gryphon, March 25, 2015, 06:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luftwaffles

65!

You are talking about NFL, right? Which team do you like?
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Søren

Yes, I'm a New England Patriot fan.

I don't know if you watched the Super Bowl, but this was one of those screaming moments.  ;D ;D ;D

I'm retired from the forum

Luftwaffles

63!

Nah, I didn't watch the Super Bowl, but I have a really great fondness for New England teams. In fact, my favorite MLS team is no other than New England Revolution ;D And I bet that it was one of those moments :)

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Søren

It was, it was the play that sealed the end of Super Bowl 49, in February when the Patriots won! It was a interception at the goal line by a player named Malcolm Butler. He made the biggest play of the game, and saved the game for the rest of the team.  The Seahawks were about to score, and he edged the receiver to intercept the ball on the 1 yard line, and we won!  :D :D :D :D :D :D
Funny, a newspaper in England wrote about the Super Bowl, but wrote the Revolution won instead of the Patriots. :P

Luftwaffles

61!

YEAH! That's what I'm talking about! Those moments are priceless and you will remember that night (night?) for years.

And I like the tidbit about the newspaper, someone really favored the Revolution there...  :D :D :D :D

Søren

Yeah, it was in the night. Great game.
Do you have a favorite moment in sports?

Luftwaffles

59!

Lots, let me tell you about some of them. *Grabs a cup of coffee*: November of 2014, Rosario Central vs Huracàn. San Juan, Argentina.

It was a really tied game, both teams were doing their best but none of them was able to score during the regular time. The game went to penalties and both our best player and one of the figures missed their targets on the Penalty round. They (Rosario Central) scored their first two shots with no problems. Then, our guys started to get good at this and their players to feel all the heat of an incredibly warm night.

Then, in the very last shot, a player named Encina shot the ball and everything that came after was like in slow-motion for me... our goalkeeper did something weird with his hands (almost like if he, somehow, inverted the order of his gloves) and the ball bounced away from the goal. I was screaming SO hard at that precise moment, after 41 years we were the Champions! And I tried to keep screaming, but I was crying instead. It was glorious.

Also in November of 2014. Huracàn was playing it's last match to get to the Major League (Primera Divisiòn) against Atlètico Tucùman and it was losing the match. In one of the moves, our best player threw the ball AWAY from their goal and I was like "What the heck are you doing?!?!" but then, a black shadow came running from the other side of the field and shot the ball so hard that the camera couldn't catch up, I was dying to know what happened... it was A GOAL! We won the match 4-1 and we got our promotion.

Then, last Saturday we were playing against River Plate, a club with so many trophies that it is impossible to count them all. After having saved ourselves in one of the moves, we made a really fast move that caught them by surprise and the Chilean Player Edson Puch shot like he was GOD. 1-0. Then our goalie saved every single shot. Champions again :P

Banya

Luftwaffles

The Mask

I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Luftwaffles

Banya

Luftwaffles

Banya

Lady Amber