Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Anti-Flying Dutchman Resistance (AFDR) Bunker

Started by Izeroth, April 01, 2015, 08:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Gonff the Mousethief

I think in my mind: I didn't do notin' wrong!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Søren

*puts Gonff in a barrel*
*throws barrel into Niagra Falls*

Gonff the Mousethief

Lemme try t' escape!
*Spits rag out if mouth and cuts ropes on barrel edge. Takes off blind fold and gets out of barrel*
Hey look, the Dutchman!
*Climbs on board*
Hehe, can't get me here!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Izeroth

*Blows the Flying Dutchman to pieces with a well-aimed artillery blast*

Maudie

Quote from: Izeroth on April 01, 2015, 08:24:31 PM
No mods are allowed; all Dutchman-supporters will be vaporized upon entry.
Good move, I say. All those who support Vanderdecken are definitely enemies and should be squished.

Quote from: Izeroth on April 03, 2015, 03:37:33 AM
*Blows the Flying Dutchman to pieces with a well-aimed artillery blast*
THANK YOU!!! I'd say that would set Ben and Ned free! *Glomps Izeroth.* Thanks, buddy!
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Søren

It's not that I hate those books, it's just I've never read them and have no plan to.

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

@Mask
Don't kill me, I'm not going to read the books.

Lady Amber

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on April 04, 2015, 10:00:30 PM
@Mask
Don't kill me, I'm not going to read the books.
Why? Is it because you don't like magic? If so, you have nothing (much) to worry about. There is no magic in the series, although it is supernatural in that an angel is sent to curse an evil ship's crew to wander the earth forever as ghostly undeadish people and bless a boy and his dog with eternal life and the ability to speak in any language.

Whew... that was a long sentence. Anyway, you should give them a try.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Søren

Yeah, all that pretty much falls under my beliefs as magic and the occult.
I don't intend on reading the books. :-\

Jukka the Sling

Weellll... while I don't entirely care for some of that either, I thought I'd mention that there's also a religious overtone to the trilogy. The evil crew isn't cursed until the captain curses God, and the angel is apparently sent by Him. (Which, again, I don't entirely care for, but it's fantasy, and I can separate that from God in real life.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.