Which book is better Taggerung Or Doomwyte

Started by Mad Maudie, September 10, 2011, 01:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

which redwall book do you like best?

Taggerung
Doomwyte

Folgrimeo

Well okay, Doomwyte did have a better illustrator and art, no debate there. Bosie looks great. Boorab... well, unusually he's one of the few hares in the series I hated.

I wonder how Taggerung and Doomwyte were both misspelled in the topic title, yet spelled correctly in posts and the poll. Just bugs me when there's blatant errors that suggest people don't proofread or spell check.

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Mad Maudie

Quote from: Folgrimeo on September 12, 2011, 08:01:01 PM
Well okay, Doomwyte did have a better illustrator and art, no debate there. Bosie looks great. Boorab... well, unusually he's one of the few hares in the series I hated.

I wonder how Taggerung and Doomwyte were both misspelled in the topic title, yet spelled correctly in posts and the poll. Just bugs me when there's blatant errors that suggest people don't proofread or spell check.
sorry i am still young enough to make mistakes Folgrim!
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Nightfire

That's okay, just ignore the negative people.  :) You can always change the title of the topic, if you go back and edit your very first post. Folgrimeo, it would also help if you were a little less negative with the younger element.

And as for the two books, well...I liked Doomwyt, because of the Gonfelins and just the general amount of awesome Gonff-ness, but I have to say that Taggerung is the better of the two books. I mean come on, how epic is it when -SPOILER ALERT!- and otter is raised from infancy to be a vermin, and yet somehow he still remains a goodbeast throughout his life. I think that the general storyline in Taggerung is better. I also regret to say this about something that Mr. Jacques wrote but...I think that the plot in Doomwyte needed to be a little better.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Nightfire, Folgrimeo was pointing out he didn't like the fact the topic was misspelled so inconsistently. And the problem is over with.
And out of curiosity, did you purposefully go and misspell the book titles yourself?

I personally choose Taggerung. Doomwyte is a very good book, but it lacks the tone of adventure that I loved in Taggerung.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Folgrimeo

Sorry for overreacting, misspellings that look intentional or careless drive me up a wall for some reason. I didn't mean to come across as attacking, that's not the kind of person I want to be.

Just recalled that Doomwyte had Tugga Bruster in it. He was an interesting character for how unlikable he made himself, which is unusual for a shrew (let alone a goodbeast) in the Redwall series. Also liked the idea of Jeg having a mother, you almost never hear of vermin having family. Anything that gives vermin an added bit of complexity is very welcome given the series is quite powerful when it can make me sympathize with a vermin.

Tiria Wildlough

I haven't reada Doomwyte in ages, but I know I don't like Taggerung, not just because SPOILER Cregga dies, but also because it doesn't have much action, and because there is not really a main villain. :(
Therefore, I voted for Doomwyte. :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Folgrimeo on September 12, 2011, 08:01:01 PM
*Sighs* (I love alla hares)

Anyways, I was just pointing out the I always picture Boorab as a fool, since he is called "Boorab the Fool". Whereas Bosie, I picture him as more of a polite and noble gentlemen. Plus to compare instruments, I find the Bowlaynee a ton more majestic. *sighs again* Oh how I've come to like Bosie!
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Tiria Wildlough

I can't like Taggerung, however hard I try, but I do like Boorab. His first meeting with Cregga was so funny.
Quote'Oh corks! Oh crumbs! Marm, oh marm! You must be Lady Cregga Rose Eyes, the wild-eyed warrior queen, the belle of the blinkin' Bloodwrath, the kill--'
Hahahaha. I laugh, or at least giggle, every time I think of that. :D :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

I'm about half way through Doomwyte, and I really can't say I'm enjoying it much. Taggerung, I thought, was pretty good. I agree with Folgrimeo that the art in Doomwyte is much better than the illustrations in Taggerung, though. David Elliot is an amazing artist. I don't know how he does it...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Mad Maudie

but Taggerung is awesome and i found Doomwyte boring
QuoteSorry for overreacting, misspellings that look intentional or careless drive me up a wall for some reason. I didn't mean to come across as attacking, that's not the kind of person I want to be.
that is perfectly fine sorry i misspelled it :) :) :) :) forgive me for overreacting :( :(
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

eualaia

easily taggerung it was my first redwall book read it about 15 times never gets old
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

James Gryphon

I assume you meant to say that Taggerung was your first Redwall book, not the first Redwall book; it's actually the fourteenth book in the series.
« Subject to editing »

Firewall978

The last redwall book was really good, don't get me wrong. But I seem to notice that the redwall books get slightly worse as time goes by. The first like 7 where awesome, the next few were slightly not as awesome, but still awesome, and so on.