HQ of the Forum Revival Movement (Viva la Forum!)

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 07, 2015, 08:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

I'll join the RP committee!

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 07, 2015, 09:41:06 PM

As for the RPs, one problem is that a lot of the ideas have been done before, so trying to get an RP that is gung-ho and active will prove difficult due to the possible limitations of the ideas one might have for an RP.

That's very true! And another problem in the RP boards is that people drop[ out. I myself have done this recently, but I think I'm actually strarting to feel a little more inspired. So, yes, recycling RP ideas sound like a great idea! What about Rain's latest Quest for Romance, for example? Or my last RP idea, the one no one wanted to do - I could think on that some more, give it more plot, and set it afloat again!

The Fan Works committee sounds cool, too, but I'm not sure I'd have tome for that as well. Can I get back to you on that?

Izeroth

I'll join the RP committee, Wylder. I think the RP board is really the one most in need of improvement.

Wylder Treejumper

Welcome aboard! We're (Actually, just me right now... :-\) glad to have you! Let's get this revolution rolling!

I'd suggest starting a "RP Comittee" topic, so discussion doesn't clutter up HQ, and perhaps trying to find some more comittee members.

While we're on the topic, could a mod possibly pin this?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Gonff the Mousethief

I will join the Fan Work Committee! I hope I can help!

EDIT: Could I also be on the RP Committee? I would really like to help some of the older RP's.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Wylder Treejumper

You're on! Really, though, feel free to join without my permission. I just put it into Strategic Command.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lady Ashenwyte

I would like to join the Fiction Boards revival committee.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rusvul

I have a question- If you think the current activity in the fanfiction board is inadequate, rather than sponsor fanfiction tournaments and such... why not just have your committee write some more fanfictions for people to read?

It is my personal opinion that the changes being viewed as negative by others are simply a neutral and lateral movement, and that our graph line of forum quality as time progresses is going mostly sideways, with some minor spikes up and down. But that's just me.

Wylder Treejumper

...We will, but the point of the committee is to promote the board to the population in general.

Also, if the forum doesn't like the way things are, then I'd say the quality is going down...
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Wylder Treejumper

-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Edraithel

"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Skyblade

Thank you :)

Interestingly enough, I had a bold idea before this revival started... I was taking an exam in a school gym I hadn't been in since years...and there were posters on the wall about mock Olympic Games that had been held at the school. So...what if the forums did a mock Olympics? It would be a friendly conpetition and hopefully help with the revival. We could have competitions for fanfics, fanart, off-topic stories, off-topic art, 3D art, basically anything safe that allows members to display their creativity and intelligence.

... ???

Edraithel

"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Banya

@Sky: That sounds fun.  The Forum Olympics would require planning and publicity, but it sounds like a great idea.

Skyblade

Thank you both :)

I think this would have to get through the moderators. It's just something I thought of. If it's not pragmatic, we will be notified.