News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Illustration Posting Topic

Started by Nightfire, September 12, 2011, 11:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Before anyone says anything I would like to say...this is NOT a topic for discussing the illustrations!!! This is strictly a topic where you post your favorite illustrations for all to see, and give a caption for it.

Argulor: Kreehaaahhh! There's Pine Marten at last!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Dotti

So sorry to go off topic, but where's a good place to find illustrations to post?  I have a few I'd like to share, but can't seem to find digital copies of them. :(
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Nightfire

You pretty much just do an internet search for your favorite Redwall illustrations, then copy the URL, paste it here, the surround it with this:

Tsarmina: Ahhh!! Water! Get it away from me! I shall kill whoever it was that did this!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Dotti

.......Not to sound completely ignorant or anything, but what should I search for?  I tried looking up Lord Brocktree (the book I want an illustration from), and only got the cover picture. I tried searching several different things related to LB and illustrations, but couldn't find anything.  :-\
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Gonff

I went under Google images and searched Lord Brocktree and I came up with some things other than covers. For example:

A gallant warrior! (Sorry, I'm not very good at making up captions.)
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Nightfire

Well, I always type in certain words. For instance, if I want a picture of Argulor, I type in 'redwall, argulor' and if I want Barranca, I type in 'redwall, barranca.' Hopefully, that'll help you. And it can be any illustration, as long as it's not the actual cover of the book. Any illustration from the books will do. It can even be a picture from the cartoons, if you want!:

Cluny the Scourge: Arr! Shadow, where are you? I can't see you!

Mad Maudie

here it is  it is on DanielofRedwalls thing
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

DanielofRedwall

^

If you want to make the URL shorter, right click on the picture when you fin it on google and click on properties. It should say the URL there. Copy the URL and put it up. If you want the picture to show, place the URl in these tags tags:

[img][/img]

I'll use that very picture as an example.

So, here is the URL, after finding it on properties: http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs9/300W/i/2006/057/c/1/Sarde_the_Fox_by_Ferahgo_the_Assassin.jpg

Use the image tags, so it looks like this:
[img]http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs9/300W/i/2006/057/c/1/Sarde_the_Fox_by_Ferahgo_the_Assassin.jpg[/img]

TADAAAAHHH! Easy as that!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

You guys accidentally expanded the page out of it's limits. One of you needs to make your post a bit shorter.

Skarlath: Hey! You're watching me. I don't like it when you watch me. Go away.

Dotti

Thanks all!  Found the picture I wanted! :D :D Hopefully I can get it to appear.

Eulalia!  Get away you rotters!  Fancy trying to steal my Aunt Blench's shawl, wot!  Blood and vinegar!

This is a pretty cool picture of the Hon Rosie!
~Brian Jacques

Dotti

HAWAAAAAYY THE BRAAAAAAAAW!  HERE'S A MACBUUUUUUUURL!
One of the most awesome warcrys ever!  ;D
~Brian Jacques

Nightfire

Hahaha!  :D That picture is my banner under my siggie on Harthad's Haven! :D

Ranguvar Foeseekere: I MUST break thses chains! I must! Yayalaho!!!

Skalrag of Marshank

Hmmm...I never thought of Ranguvar as wearing any clothes...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Well, that's a picture of Ranguvar. I made sure it was. Besides, all of the squirrels of Redwall wear clothes. :P

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Dotti on September 16, 2011, 04:17:39 AM

HAWAAAAAYY THE BRAAAAAAAAW!  HERE'S A MACBUUUUUUUURL!
One of the most awesome warcrys ever!  ;D
No, he looks more like he's at a disco. Bahahahaha! :D :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.