News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Fun at the doctor's office

Started by James Gryphon, May 26, 2015, 06:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

Got some blood drawn earlier today. It was fun, although not as fun as the last time.

Any of y'all have fun medical adventures y'all would like to discuss? :)
« Subject to editing »

Gonff the Mousethief

I got blood drawn a little while back, and oh... I almost passed out as I saw my own blood leave my body through a tube and into a bag. Uh, still get freaked out thinking about it.

Many doctors that I have gone to are not very "Good" such as the one who did my nose surgery and who I go see for check ups. Before my surgery, he stuck this long tube with a camera on the end into my nose and through my nasal cavities, all the way to the back of my throat. Plus, he put this awful numbing spray in my mouth and nose, which tasted so bad, and hurt little ol' me. I really don't like him.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

James Gryphon

What was the nose surgery about? That sounds like a pretty miserable process.

Getting my blood drawn is almost always an adventure. I have hard veins to hit, like my mother, and it often takes two or three tries before they get it. The time before last that I went, they had to try several times. Not only did I get lightheaded, they actually brought out smelling salts to pick me back up. It's either subconscious or a physiological reaction, because I was feeling fine, mentally, right before that happened.

The lady that did it today was really good, though; she actually got it in one. I was impressed, and said so.

I can't think of any doctors I've had that weren't at least okay (though there have been a nurse or two that weren't top-notch). I do have a fear of the dentist, though.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

I had this fatty sist on my head once, I got it removed, here's some dialogue:

Doctor: So it's obviously a fatty sist, and we advise that you have it removed. Uh, do you want to do it now or later?

Me: Uhhhhh...

Accompanying family member at the time: *gives me meaningful look which I misinterpret*

Me: Uhh.... sure? *is thinking, "I must be crazy!"*

Doctor: Right, just over here....

Me, following doctor: *bad feeling in stomach*
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Faiyloe

So I have light blood pressure and fear of my own blood. Not a good combination. Anyway I had to get a gum graft a bit back. I was doing pretty good, she had numbed me up and i couldn't feel a thing. I could feel something wet on my face though i just thought it was saliva untill she cleaned it up with a cloth and it came away with blood on it. Then I almost passed out. XP
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Hickory

That happened when I had teh sist removed. I saw the bloody napkins, and was like, "That's a lot of blood."

Gonff the Mousethief

@James I copied this from my "Ask" thread, so yeah.

Well, I was chasing my little brother across the house, when I tripped and slammed my face smack dab into the corer of the wall. It was all a bloody mess. I was taken to the hospital that night. My nose didn't break, but was bent. I had a ton of sinus issues later on. In third grade, I had surgery done to fix it. The doctor went in and removed a ton of stuff in my nasal cavities which you mostly likely have. With my nose, they had to move the bone as best as they could and re-shape it. Afterwards, when it all settled, my nose bent EVEN MORE than before, which led to even more sinus problems and issues. When I am 16 though, they will go in and just down right break my nose and put it into a cast to fix it. Yipee....

Oh, I hate the dentist. I am actually going to there tomorrow and I am terrified. The sound of the tools scraping against my teeth, oh. That is literally a living nightmare for me.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

James Gryphon

The dentist tools don't scare me. What bothers me is when the dentist makes comments on the state of your teeth, while he cleans them. I know it's bad, but rubbing it in doesn't help. :-\
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Show off... I have a history of teeth problems. when I was little I had two cavities that got so bad that they had to pull four teeth. (luckily They where baby teeth) the dentist didn't numb me correctly the first time and it hurt... a lot. XP
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Gonff the Mousethief

I'm with you Skarzs! Could never imagine having a metal tooth out in. My teeth however are in good shape, and I may not have to have braces, so that is always a plus.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

The Mask

Had two teeth extracted about 40 minutes ago. My face is so numb.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Banya

*winces* Sorry to hear it, Mask.  How soon until you can eat?

My wisdom teeth are just beginning to come in.  My gums are receding and tender, so crunchy cereals and other foods hurt quite a bit.  My dentists says I have a big enough mouth for them, so they're staying, thankfully.  I've never had a cavity or had a tooth pulled.  Braces and my retainer were bad enough, especially when considering my idiot of an orthodontist tried to mechanically file my teeth to the same size, constantly criticized the small gap between my front teeth, and left a wire cemented to my teeth for 5 years, so that when it finally broke off and cut me up, my records had to be unarchived before they would remove the sharp chunks of cement glue stuck in my mouth.  In addition, since the braces came off, my jaw cracks in an unsettling way with every bite of food.  His advice: eat soft food, like soup and bread... as if that's a solution.

The Mask

I can eat now, but I dislike eating after having teeth removed. I barely ate anything last time.(I had two teeth taken out last Thursday as well)
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Hickory

My least favorite orthidondist experience is when I had my expander pulled out. Like, here it is...

Orthidontist: Hold still and keep your mouth open. That's great. Don't swallow...

*attempts to use tool to unanchor expander from molars*

Me: *is in minor pain*

Orthidontist (to other orthidontist): Yeah, it's not coming out....

Several minutes later...

Me: *My mouth is aching...*

Orthidontist: Okay! YOu stiill have some glue there.... *grabs grinder*
*grinds gluew off my teeth, also turning it into a powder of which I swallow a bit of*

Yeah, just don't swallow....

We're done!

Me: *dashes for sink*

Yeah, for some reason they didn't numb it.