News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Fun at the doctor's office

Started by James Gryphon, May 26, 2015, 06:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Oh mask I sympathies with you. All I ate for a while afterwards was pudding. Hope you feel better soon. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Edraithel

They don't usually numb to take of appliances, I've had an expander taken off before and they didn't numb me, plus I've had braces brackets taken off as well and they didn't numb for that either.
I've been to many doctors before and my experiences as a whole have been pretty good. I've had 9 teeth pulled and 11 filled, I have braces and I used to have an expander, I've had bollard plates screwed into my jaw, my canines were at the base of my nose so they had to be uncovered and pulled down through orthodontics, and I'm going to have double jaw surgery this July.
Due to having so many needles poked into my gums I've developed a fear of needles in my mouth so I take anxiety meds before I have an procedure where they have to numb me first. I have no problem with needles anywhere else though its just the mouth.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Gonff the Mousethief

Oh gosh Mask, sounds ruff. I HATE getting teeth ripped out of my head. Oh, it hurt so bad! I would always wait until it was going to fall it to pull it.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Mask

Weird, is numbing not common in the USA? They numbed my mouth and THEN put the needles in.

@Edraithel
That's a lot of stuff. Do you have some problem or is it just generally weird?
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Faiyloe

No they numb it before doing the needles, it still hurts some times though... They did a really good job of it when I had the gum graft done (even though the needle still hurt because they stuck it in right near my nose XP), I just had a bad dentist when I had the teeth pulled.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Edraithel

I have no idea what the heck is wrong with my mouth X.X there isn't any specific reason for all these problems but I was born without a tooth. I have to get my deviated septum corrected later and I also and going to have a permanent implant for the other that's missing, right now I have a false tooth that's wired to my braces so it looks like a real tooth.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Gonff the Mousethief

A deviated septum was one of the things they had to fix for my nose. The surgery is not too long, but it takes a while to recover from. Plus, you get really loopy for a few days.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Edraithel

I'm used to being loopy. When I have the deviated septum corrected they're also going to remove my tonsils and adenoids at the same time, I'm happy about that because then it gets it all over with at once.

Hickory

Anybody seen Little Shop of Horrors? THat dentist...

Say ahhhhhh!

*gurgles*

Say AHHHHHHH!!

*gurgles*

SAY AHHHHHH!!!

*gurgles*

NOW SPIT!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Banya

I dislike that play.  I've seen both versions: the one where the humans live happily ever after and, more recently, the one in which Audrey II takes over the world.

Anyway... y'know what's mildly uncomfortable?  Having the father of a good friend as one's doctor.  He's been my doctor my entire life, and I didn't meet his daughter until college.  We met the night of move-in day, lived in the same dorm, realized we were from the same hometown and had mutual friends, and have been friends since.

Wylder Treejumper

I have no problems with doctors, needles, or anything of the like. The only surgery I have had is the removal of my tonsils. I had a sore throat, but nothing really terrible happened.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Banya on July 17, 1974, 10:39:48 AM

Anyway... y'know what's mildly uncomfortable?  Having the father of a good friend as one's doctor.  He's been my doctor my entire life, and I didn't meet his daughter until college.  We met the night of move-in day, lived in the same dorm, realized we were from the same hometown and had mutual friends, and have been friends since.[/font]
Well, my dentist is my neighbor, and she had to give me a ride to the office yesterday, for I was left alone. However, it is .3 mile away from our houses, so it didn't take long. Plus, the Dentist who runs the place has a son who is in my grade. To add it it all, my other neighbor is the CEO of my school. So yeah...
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Wylder Treejumper

Wait- a CEO of a school? It's a private school then... Still, I've never heard of a school Chief Executive Officer.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Gonff the Mousethief

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Banya

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on May 29, 2015, 01:56:09 AM
Quote from: Banya on July 17, 1974, 10:39:48 AM
Anyway... y'know what's mildly uncomfortable?  Having the father of a good friend as one's doctor.  He's been my doctor my entire life, and I didn't meet his daughter until college.  We met the night of move-in day, lived in the same dorm, realized we were from the same hometown and had mutual friends, and have been friends since.
Well, my dentist is my neighbor, and she had to give me a ride to the office yesterday, for I was left alone.
Sure, but your dentist doesn't keep track of your...development...in those uncomfortable preteen years.