News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Forum Elections: The Cellars

Started by Banya, May 29, 2015, 11:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whom do you wish to be President of the Cellars?

Soren the Warrior (Celler Dweller Party)
Skarzs the Cave Troll (Trollitarian Party)
Jet the Binturong (Green Party)
Izeroth the Totalitarian (Totalitarian Party)

Banya

The option of dismissing rebuttals for this question crossed my mind as well, but I would have needed two candidates to approve the motion, and I was the only citizen online at the time.  As it is, we have had enough candidate approval to move on. 

Our final question from a citizen is from me. 
Candidates, this question regards foreign policy.  What aid, if any, do you intend to send to other regions of the Forum (Cavern Hole, Character Discussion, and others), and what are the tenets of your stance on interaction with other boards?

The candidates may now answer.
*bangs gavel*

The Skarzs

Aid? Many of the boards are dwindling, so I would do what I can to encourage people to frequent those boards; call it courtesy tourism, boosting their economy. As to what my stance is on interaction, I encourage it; the other boards are almost literally welcoming us to visit them.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Izeroth

I would send normal aid to the other boards from time to time; this aid would increase in the event of natural disasters, bot attacks, etc. During particularly serious situations, I would also support the deployment of troops to other boards.

Banya

Poll results:
How should the Vice President of the Cellars be determined?
He should be the runner-up to the winner in the election.  We want different views and voices in power.         -8 (61.5%)
Each candidate should choose his running mate for the election.  One Party to rule them all!         -5 (38.5%)
Total Voters: 13

The runner-up to the winner of the Presidential Election will become Vice President of the Cellars.
When the current question has been answered by all four candidates, the election will begin.  We are staying true to the pattern of the last couple of questions and foregoing official rebuttals.  When the remaining two candidates have answered the question, if the candidates wish to further debate the topic at hand, they are free to do so.

Søren

All the branches or boards of the forum are intertwined and revolve around one another. By featuring fun and free discussion, the Cellars help foster the imagination necessary to have better discussions in Cavern Hole, General Discussion, Fan Works and other Redwall boards. It can also branch off to get to know one another in the Front Lawns, and hear each others problems and advice, as well as the Forum Games for a variety of fun games to play. The aid that we will, send is by continuing to keep the Cellars lively, and in turn that makes the other boards active and interesting, while also supporting the various movements through the board, such as revival.

I'm retired from the forum

Banya

The candidates have answered the final debate question.  Three of four candidates answered, but to stay true to the OP, over 24 hours have passed since the question was posted, and we move on.  To recapitulate, the question and responses are recorded below.
Quote from: Banya on June 05, 2015, 11:45:03 PM
Candidates, this question regards foreign policy.  What aid, if any, do you intend to send to other regions of the Forum (Cavern Hole, Character Discussion, and others), and what are the tenets of your stance on interaction with other boards?

Quote from: The Skarzs on June 06, 2015, 04:26:59 AM
Aid? Many of the boards are dwindling, so I would do what I can to encourage people to frequent those boards; call it courtesy tourism, boosting their economy. As to what my stance is on interaction, I encourage it; the other boards are almost literally welcoming us to visit them.

Quote from: Izeroth on June 06, 2015, 04:50:47 PM
I would send normal aid to the other boards from time to time; this aid would increase in the event of natural disasters, bot attacks, etc. During particularly serious situations, I would also support the deployment of troops to other boards.

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on June 06, 2015, 07:49:56 PM
All the branches or boards of the forum are intertwined and revolve around one another. By featuring fun and free discussion, the Cellars help foster the imagination necessary to have better discussions in Cavern Hole, General Discussion, Fan Works and other Redwall boards. It can also branch off to get to know one another in the Front Lawns, and hear each others problems and advice, as well as the Forum Games for a variety of fun games to play. The aid that we will, send is by continuing to keep the Cellars lively, and in turn that makes the other boards active and interesting, while also supporting the various movements through the board, such as revival.

This marks the end of the official Forum Election debate.  It has been my honour to be your moderator.
*bangs gavel*

Finally, the moment the for which all citizens have been waiting.  The official poll is up.  It comes later than promised, but at this time all questions have been addressed, the debate is over, and the official election now begins.  The candidates are listed in order of their formal introduction.  Voting will last 48 hours and will close on Tuesday.  The candidate with the most votes at the time the poll is closed will be named the first President of the Cellars.  The candidate with the second most votes at that time will be named Vice President of the Cellars.  All citizens are encouraged to review this topic in its entirety before voting; the poll will not be reset.  Thank you to everyone who has followed this debate and participated by asking questions, voting, or taking part in individual campaigns or the media.

Søren

Are the candidates allowed to vote? What of the candidate's staff?

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

No no no you are TROLLitarian.  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Banya

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on June 08, 2015, 01:40:15 AM
Are the candidates allowed to vote? What of the candidate's staff?
Everyone has the right to vote.

Izeroth

What would happen in the event of a tie?

Banya

Quote from: Izeroth on June 08, 2015, 03:26:47 AM
What would happen in the event of a tie?
I was not looking forward to addressing this concern.  In the event that two or more candidates are tied for either first or second position on Tuesday, the poll would be extended by another day.  If by Wednesday the tie is not resolved, and the tie exists between two candidates, I will reset the poll with only the two candidates, regardless of whether they are tied in first or second position.  If the tie exists between three candidates, the extension continues in 24-hour increments until the tie exists between two candidates.  At that point, should the tie exist between the two candidates with more votes than the third, we will implement the system of a separate poll described above; likewise, the system of a separate poll will be implemented should the two tied candidates have less votes than the third yet all have more than the fourth.  If at any point there is a tie between all four candidates, the poll will be extended in 24-hour increments until this pattern ends.  This makes sense if you read it about three times, slowly.  We're currently following a national popular vote system; we have no electoral college, no House of Representatives, and no Senate to pass the vote off to in the event of a tie.  I had briefly considered this situation, and there is not much that I can do; I am hesitant to create a poll in which citizens can vote for more than one candidate, as there is not way to vote for President separately from Vice President in this way, and the system of determining a V.P. has already been decided by the people.  I want to keep the system of determining the President of the Cellars as truly democratic as possible.  For now, I can say for certain only that dealing with a tie would be an uncomfortable situation, and if prolonged, I'd open the possibilities for a process for a tie-breaker up to the citizens.  This is the week I leave, so I will not be as readily available to moderate the polls as I would like to be.  I still have hope that the voting period will be the least complicated part of the election.

Hickory

This is Sage Tip reporting from the Cellar Elections. Tension builds as Moderater Banya shows that she is prepared for a possible tie. While all candidates have a fair chance of being chosen, several undermining attempts have been down between all runners and the animosity is palpable. Check in for more at a later date.

Commercial break:
The Plague, Captain Tammo's stand alone-entry in his renowned fanfiction saga, is now on the forum! Become a part of the revolution to end the terrible reign of King Damien the Damned, an evil greatrat who has centered his rule from the Great Land of Agrinaut's beloved Cathedral, now his palace of darkness! Your secret weapon: a mere mouse, half-mad and nearly ancient. Click [http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=7408.0] for more!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

(A word of approval from candidate The Skarzs)
I should finish reading that, as the beginning already has proven to be another testimony to Captain Tammo's writing prowess. Head on over to the Fan Fiction board right now!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

We're back from our commercial break, with some BREAKING news! Candidate Soren has pulled ahead by three, no, in some cases four votes! Mr. Soren, how do you feel about your sudden success?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.