News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Interesting Facts

Started by Izeroth, June 16, 2015, 03:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Witessss

whatever that is supposed to mean..
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Jukka the Sling

(Wendy's created an account on Fortnite, an extremely popular online multiplayer game, and posted a live video of their gameplay.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Witessss

i mean, i kind of know with Fortnite is, but yeah, that was unknown to me. How does Wendy's, a company have an account? like that is crazy. all the 'cool' people at my school play it. (yeah, i know. i'm not part of that!)

Jukka the Sling

Idk, I'm guessing a small group of their hip social media people joined forces to play it on one account. :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Witessss

perhaps Wendy's just paid them to make an account in their name and play well to entice people to come more.

Jetthebinturong

I mean Fortnite supposedly works best as a team game, so they probably used more than one account.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Witessss

i wouldn't know that but that sounds fine, too.

Tungro

The Battle of New Orleans (War of 1812) ended with the american victory, but it was two weeks after the Treaty of Ghent declared peace between the US and England. Due to the slowness of communication the soldiers at the time still thought they were at war.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Tungro on March 04, 2019, 08:48:47 PM
The Battle of New Orleans (War of 1812) ended with the american victory, but it was two weeks after the Treaty of Ghent declared peace between the US and England. Due to the slowness of communication the soldiers at the time still thought they were at war.
I take it you just had a history test :D
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques <br /><br />"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." <br /><br />"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."<br /><br />~JRR Tolkien<br /><br />Long live the RRR!

Tungro

No, just skimming through my history book cauze' that is what I do when I am board

Sebias of Redwall

Fun fact, in World War 2, Russia suffered 21 million causalities, and for every 5 German soldiers that died, 4 of them where on the Eastern front.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques <br /><br />"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." <br /><br />"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."<br /><br />~JRR Tolkien<br /><br />Long live the RRR!

Tungro

The last significant Confederate active force to surrender was the Confederate allied Cherokee Brigadier General Stand Watie and his Indian soldiers on June 23. The last Confederate surrender occurred on November 6, 1865, when the Confederate warship CSS Shenandoah surrendered at Liverpool, England.

Sebias of Redwall

In WW2 the American's lost 400,000 soldiers. and in the Civil War America lost 620,000.

Tungro

There are a few 1942 steel pennies that are worth $14m each

The Witessss

not on the subject of history, but..

lawyers say not to put up 'beware of dog' signs because if something happens with your dog they can say that you knew your dog was dangerous and you can be liable to charges.