News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Forum 4th Anniversary Celebration

Started by Matthias720, June 19, 2015, 07:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Yay for this AMAZING forumand all its wonderful members! *Raises beaker of chilled mint tea*

Lutra

I think my ears heard the words "celebration party" and decided to come out of hiding to see what was up.  Hard to believe its been 4 years, and I'm one of the ones still around from that time.  This forum has grown astronomically since its creation, and has wonderful members. :)  *lifts a glass* Here's to another six years and then we can say we made it to double digits.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

James Gryphon

I'm not feeling my muse, and I am feeling sick, so I'll be (relatively) brief.

It's hard to believe it's been this long since the forum began. Looking back, it seems like it was just a short time ago when those dear members who have departed were still here. What's even harder to believe is that I have now stayed here much longer than I did my first tenure. This June 23rd will be the fourth anniversary of my registration date, and will also mark one entire year of activity, from 2014 to 2015. I've been here with all of you over twice as long as I was "back in the day", but it seems like the days have flown by. I guess we have been having fun.

Things have changed over the last few years, but the essential warmth that has characterized the community from the beginning has remained the same. It's been a blast getting to spend time with y'all this past little while, and here's hoping we'll get to see another four years, together.
« Subject to editing »

Russa Nodrey

Four more years! Four more years! *Eats pie*
Freddy

Captain Tammo

Congrats to the good ole forum (and truly great speech, Matthias720. Nearly brought a tear to my eye)!

As a member who's been here for a while, it's been really wonderful to watch the forum grow. I still remember when general discussion still had only one page (registered when the forum was only 9 days old)! Matthias was right when he said that we've really built a community here. Friendships have been made by people from different areas of the world because of this place. It's just like the real abbey, always having its doors open to visitors and filled with inhabitants that are warm and welcoming. I can't wait to see how things grow over the next few years. Well done to the mods in charge of this place, and well done to the community!

To the forum! May she live forever! *raises tankard*

huh... I wonder if it's about time that I changed up my profile picture and signature...?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Jukka the Sling

Man, I'm late...

I would like to say a little something.  This forum has changed my life in more ways than I'll probably ever know.  Before I joined, I had never been a part of a forum before and had had very little online interaction with anyone I didn't know in real life.  This forum has changed all that.  It's made me step outside my comfort zone (man, I was so scared just before that first Skype call!) and introduced me to many different things I would never have been part of otherwise.  I've been able to roleplay, debate, and just hang out with a bunch of the most awesome people ever.  It was one of my first tastes of fandom, and through it I've been introduced to book series and websites I probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.

Thank you, everyone.

Here's to another four years! *Raises tankard*
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Faiyloe

I just want to give a toast to all of those awesome people who made the forums what they are today and can't be here today.   :)
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Søren

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on June 24, 2015, 08:42:56 PM
Man, I'm late...

I would like to say a little something.  This forum has changed my life in more ways than I'll probably ever know.  Before I joined, I had never been a part of a forum before and had had very little online interaction with anyone I didn't know in real life.  This forum has changed all that.  It's made me step outside my comfort zone (man, I was so scared just before that first Skype call!) and introduced me to many different things I would never have been part of otherwise.  I've been able to roleplay, debate, and just hang out with a bunch of the most awesome people ever.  It was one of my first tastes of fandom, and through it I've been introduced to book series and websites I probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.

Thank you, everyone.

Wow Jukka, thanks for saying those things. :) That was nice.

I'm retired from the forum

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on June 27, 2015, 06:16:22 AM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on June 24, 2015, 08:42:56 PM
Man, I'm late...

Thank you, everyone.

Wow Jukka, thanks for saying those things. :) That was nice.
:)

...This forum has also been the source of the greatest trouble for me.  Because of its awesomeness, many's the time I've sneaked on here or was on overtime and got in trouble as a result...

Not to mention that it's currently distracting me from working on my 39 Clues oneshot... >.<

:D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

BrookSkimmer

*raises glass*

I agree with all the praises that have gone on during this feast for our fine forum! Cheers to the one and only BJ for the wonderful world he created! Cheers to seeing his works come to life here at redwallabbey.com!

Hickory

If only Brian could see what the forum has come to. He might smile and congratulate us on the Redwall Discussion, or frown and look bemused at the Cellars.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on June 28, 2015, 06:17:11 PM
If only Brian could see what the forum has come to. He might smile and congratulate us on the Redwall Discussion, or frown and look bemused at the Cellars.

Yes.

Being on the forums has been wonderful. I have grown as a person, made lifelong friends, and improved my skills... Y'all are truly fantastic. I wish you all the best, and I'm here if anyone needs anything - just send me a PM!!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Kitsune

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on June 19, 2015, 07:16:33 PM
Let's attempt to  keep the peace for three or four pages, until we break out the nukes and flamethrowers.

I second that. *raises glass* For four years.

Feeling kind of.... bleh right now, or else eloquence would be abounding.

Delthion

Here's to Chaos and Cannibalism! May they never grow old! ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Kitsune

Quote from: Delthion on July 01, 2015, 10:34:38 PM
Here's to Chaos and Cannibalism! May they never grow old! ;D ;D