"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders XVI

Started by Mhera, July 06, 2015, 06:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Izeroth

If it's not too late to sign up, I'll join.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

^  Are you gonna let Del in?  He missed out on it last time...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Søren

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on July 07, 2015, 05:46:17 PM
You REAAAAALLLYY want Del in, don't you? ;D ;D
(She added him in earlier today.)

I'm retired from the forum

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on July 07, 2015, 06:19:15 PM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on July 07, 2015, 05:46:17 PM
You REAAAAALLLYY want Del in, don't you? ;D ;D
(She added him in earlier today.)
What?  I just thought it would be unfortunate if he couldn't get in after waiting for the last round to finish.

(Oh, okay.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

I like my nickname, maybe you can work the F N in somehow? Or I can, doesn't matter
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Delthion

Mhera, I am not "The cannibal"...I am "The Cannibal"! Really, the level of people's ignorance these days! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Mhera

Any objections to starting tomorrow?

Skyblade

Dibbun wanted to sign up, but I'm not sure. Also, I don't know when he'll be next online.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Mhera

He hasn't been on since the 27th :-\

Skyblade

Oh, dang. He's not a very active member; he might go inactive in the middle of the game..

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

When I read that post, the emoji was at complete odds to the profile.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Mhera

OOC: And here we go...

BIC: Overlady Mhera was standing in the surf, observing the twisted jungle filling the interior of a distant island off the coast through a pair of binoculars. Waves lapped up to her ankles, soaking her tennis shoes and the hem of her dark blue jeans. A black turtle neck, baseball cap, and wraparound sunglasses completed her getup. A morning breeze swirled about as she listened to the buzz of one of her private planes lumbering along at low altitude and low speed overhead, preparing to drop a special delivery.

Thunk. Thunk thunk thunk.

The soft pounding in the sand behind her alerted the Overlady to the touchdown of her servants. Six more thumps followed the first four, and then silence. Frowning, Mhera lowered the binoculars and turned around, doing a head count. Ten. There were definitely ten. She stood puzzled for a moment before shrugging off her confusion. Ten servants would be enough for her purposes...

"WAIT FOR MEEEEEE!!!!"

A huge splash and a spray of water soaking her from behind informed the Overlady of the arrival of the eleventh servant, a fellow who had handed in a particularly fishy résumé. Against her better judgement she had accepted him anyway, a decision she was starting to regret. Whipping around, she glared at the latecomer floundering in the surf, even though there was no way he could see her death stare through his blindfold. After a moment she sighed and pulled a remote from her pocket; a few button presses later the handcuffs fell from the servants' wrists, and the Overlady judged they were ready to hear her instructions.

"Good morning, servants. I am Overlady Mhera, your employer for-" She paused and glanced at the motley crew scattered on the beach, still groggy from the impact, pulling off their blindfolds and struggling out of tangled parachute lines. Shuddering at the thought of having to direct them for any longer than a day, she continued her speech. "-hopefully only the next few hours. You are on the coast of an undisclosed location, the nearest point on earth to the little known island nation of Linguino, occupied by the Walmarta tribe.

Unbeknownst to the natives, they are in possession of the richest stash of platinum in the world, a metal they consider to be worthless. Attaining that platinum is the surest way to wealth there is outside of hard work and careful spending. Your job is to peacefully approach the Walmarta people and trade their platinum for bunny rabbits, a critter so highly prized among the tribesmen that killing one is a crime punishable by death."

The servants, all having removed their blindfolds, could now see the eleven jet skis lining the coast. Each had a cage of bunny rabbits strapped to the back.

"You are to depart immediately," Mhera continued. "If you are successful in this mission, I will make you rich beyond your wildest dreams. If you fail..." her voice trailed off. The Overlady took one last look at the servants before turning and walking down the beach.

A few hours later...

Mhera was perfectly calm as she observed the eleven soaking wet figures standing on the beach in front of her. Clearing her throat, she addressed them in a deadly quite voice. "It appears that you have killed all of the bunny rabbits, half of my jet skis are covered in peanut butter and the other half are on fire, and the Walmarta people have declared war on me. Needless to say, I am less than enchanted by your performance. Explain how this disaster happened."

James Gryphon

"After our arrival at Linguino's coast, Skyblade took inventory of our rabbits, counting them up at forty-eight total, and said, "We've got so many fwuffy wubby bunnies, yes we does! This one is Martin, and this one is Sam, and this one is Beeboloo..." She went down the line, naming each and every one of them. Before she could finish, however, Izeroth cut her off, saying, "Don't get too attached to them. You know what's going to happen, right?" Del sang, "Yup! Fwuffy wubby stew at the campfire tonight!" I think they were trying to make a bad joke, but Skyblade believed it. She went into hysterics, and went through cutting all of the cages open and setting the rabbits free. For some reason, rather than running inland, they all started heading out towards the ocean. We tried to save as many as we could, but most of your servants are no swimmers, and even with their best efforts (well, maybe because of them, come to think of it) the rabbits all drowned. I think it is worth noting that Jukka and Soren were seen taking bets on which rabbit would be the last to go, rather than trying to help save them."

"Maybe the mission could have still been salvageable, in spite of this setback. We never had the chance to find out, though, as Russa had recorded the whole thing and put it up on her MeTube channel. MeTube is the #1 Internet site on Linguino. The Walmarta Coast Guard arrived and opened fire on our JetSkis with incendiary rounds. We cleared out, but not before Sage screamed, "We're telling the Overlady on you!" I believe this is what led them to associate your Majesty with this debacle."

"As for the peanut butter, I think Norham put it on some of our JetSkis as a fire repellent. I guess it must have worked, though I'm not sure how. You'll have to ask him about that."
« Subject to editing »