News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Arena II

Started by James Gryphon, July 29, 2015, 12:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrrrr

OOC: ??? The rules don't say anything else about penalties.

*Runs in a giant circle*
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Skyblade

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 29, 2015, 12:58:18 AM
The Rules

* First come, first serve. Only the first ten people to post may play. Spectators may comment in the Arena's OOC thread.
* You may pick only one set of items.
* I am the GM. I can do anything I wish: deal out punishments or rewards, PP or GM as I see fit!
* Aside from me, no one else is allowed to PP or GM (doing so will result in severe penalties).
* I control the environment, for the most part.
* I control all and any magic in the game. No one else is able to control the outcome of attempted use of magic.
* You must post in the color of your ribbon; failure to do so will result in a penalty.
* If you defeat someone, then you will be allowed to take their items.
* Observers are not allowed to interfere or interact with the environment or the players in any way. They may discuss and bet on who they think is going to win, and talk about decisions that players made, but they are not allowed to give advice. They are also allowed to request challenges (things the players have to face that make the game a little more interesting) or send gifts (the gifts must go by me first and are sent to me through PM before I give it to the player in the game)
* If I feel you have been properly defeated, I will take you out of the game.
* You are not allowed to steal other people's objects while they are still in the game. Attempts to do so will result in a penalty.
[close]

OOC: Speaking of such, R needs a color penalty <3

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

James Gryphon

rrrrr gets hit with Delthion's plastic sword, but he pushes the math book away from his face. (result: 7) While doing this, however, he stumbles back, one foot in the air, and Sandpaw's noose slips on his foot unnoticed. rrrrr tries to run, but with the noose impeding his movement, he gets caught on it, loses his balance, and falls to the floor, hard. (result: 9)

@Skyblade: The ceiling tiles over the pool are glass, not unlike the observatory deck wall. The sun shines down brightly through them. (result: 4)
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

*Watches Rrrr trip. Swings at his midriff with sword again.*
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Faiyloe

Hey sky. Can you put your ladder here so I can climb back up to the second floor?
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

LT Sandpaw

*Attempts to keep Rrrr off his feet while Dell pounds him with his sword by tugging on the fishing line* Spots something of interest and grabs a couch cushion then tosses it towards Dell*

"Take the cushion and smother him with it!"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Skyblade

Hmm...I think it's just a reflection. *Puts ladder where Faiy indicated*

Faiyloe

*Climbs up ladder back to the landing* *Looks back down at sky* Thanks *runs off back towards the elevator* *sees ash and coming up behind him I swing the helium tank at the back of his head*
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Skyblade

Too bad I hardly have a weapon to fight with. *Carefully climbs to second floor using ladder. Puts on binoculars and looks around from there*

Delthion

*Attempts to follow LT's advice.*
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

*Attempts to set fire to the nearest flammable thing*
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

James Gryphon

OOC: For some reason my preferred number generator is down, so I used a different one. If these generated numbers are inferior, that's the main reason why.

Delthion swings his sword at rrrrr, catching him on the chest and getting in a good strike.  (result: 8) In between the fall and the fight, the noose slips off of rrrrr's foot (result: 3), but he's still unable to do much, as Delthion piles on top of him with the couch cushion. rrrrr twists and is able to get his face out from under the cushion, but Delthion is still on top of him. (result: 7)

@Skyblade: You see a round fire alarm a few feet below you. There appears to be a small button at the top. The indicator light is dark.

You see Soren, Faiyloe, the elevator, the ice machine, the soft drink machine, and the candy machine. There appears to be a bucket inside the ice machine.

Some of the railing a few feet away from you looks very flimsy.

The fire below is getting worse. Smoke drifts up to the second floor. You cough.

The pool in the distance looks sparkly from this vantage point. (result: 9)

Ashenwyte strikes a match and lights up the cloth covering the nearest table. The new fire slowly begins to spread across the tablecloth. (result: 6)

Faiyloe swings at Ashenwyte, but misses, due to the fact that he is on the first floor.
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

*Try to set fire to some other flammable things* *Attempts to run away somewhere safe*
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Skyblade

*Runs up to the ice machine and tries to get the bucket before coming back. Looks around with binoculars, trying to figure out where exactly the fire is and how serious it is*

Delthion

*Tries to smother Rrrr again.*