News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Redwall MUCK

Started by Magramba, July 31, 2015, 08:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magramba

Hey guys,

Shameless promotion for Redwall MUCK here. You can find the site at http://rwmuck.limitless.org/rwmuck/ . There's a button right on the front page, but if you're serious about playing, I recommend reading the help page here: http://rwmuck.limitless.org/rwmuck/content/getting-started and here: http://rwmuck.limitless.org/rwmuck/content/clients . A good client (the second link will give you some suggestions) will make things much nicer/easier for you as you're getting your bearings. I'm online every single weekday from 8:30-5:00 PM EST, and there are plenty of other people that play as well. Peak times right now start to pick up around 1 PM EST and go until near midnight. If you need help, please let me know and we'll get you sorted.

What is it, anyway? It's live roleplay in the Redwall universe. It's sort of like a chat room, sort of like a text-based adventure, and a lot of fun. All the canon Redwall areas have already been built for you to play in, and there tons of extra areas created by the players over the years (you can even make your own if you'd like). When you connect, you'll start as a guest and be given the opportunity to go through a tutorial and set up your character. You can make as many characters as you'd like, but I recommend starting with one and growing from there. If you'd like to look around first, you can do that without actually creating a character. Just type 'portal' and you'll be taken to a room that lets you warp around the MUCK.

At times in the past we've had a lot of activity, and at times in the past we've had hardly any. Right now we have a good amount, with the characters connected each day hitting around the mid-twenties at once during peak hours. If you like to RP in a Redwall setting, and the forum pace is too slow for you, check us out. The Muck has been around for 20 years, and I've been around it for close to ten, and even when I leave, I always end up coming back. It's that good, folks. Thanks for reading.

Cornflower MM

Sounds cool! I'll see about checking it out. This might have been better suited in a different section, but  that's alright. :)

I wish you luck in getting members!

rrrrr

CoOol...:D

How do you make the text bigger? My eyes hurt :P.

I created a character, now what do I do?
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Magramba

Hi guys! Sorry for the delay. If you need help getting technical things worked out, the best thing to do is to go to the link I gave that lists Muck clients and download one of those. The webclient you get to from the main page is not the best, and if you download your own, you have much more options for adjustment. Once you create a character, you should page someone else or go to where they are and start RPing!

To show the find list and see who's online, type 'f'. To say something to the room OOCly, just type 'rp Whatever you want to say'. To page someone specifically, no matter what room they're in, type 'p Name = Your message'. To pose ICly, type 'pose (or just : ) whatever you want to pose'. If you page a player, they'll be able to give you more help.

rrrrr

So, what are the clients? Do they explain the MUCK to you? This is interesting.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.