News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Mafia III

Started by Cornflower MM, August 11, 2015, 05:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you having fun?

Yes
6 (40%)
No
2 (13.3%)
I'm kinda dead. . . .
2 (13.3%)
I'm a bit dead at the moment, but I'm still having fun!
2 (13.3%)
This is fun to watch
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Cornflower MM

Added poll - Please vote, I can't really keep up with the vote changes.

CaptainRocktree

Can ghost vote or na?  :P
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

CaptainRocktree

Nooooooo.

I shalllllllll hauuuuunnnnntttt yooooouuuuuu  ;D.
J.R.R Tolkien

Eulaliaaa!

Ooooooooh! Be afraiiiiiid! Beeee veeerrryyy aaaffraiiiid!
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Skyblade

I don't like the idea of a poll. The thing is that seeing who votes for who can be used for investigative purposes. This is more important in rounds in which the role is revealed after a person dies, but still.

Corn, I understand this is confusing. My apologies. Instead, can we put a restriction so we can only change our vote once?

I prefer posting our vote in bold. Let me know what you think!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Mhera

Quote from: Skyblade on August 16, 2015, 02:53:58 AM
Quote from: Mhera on August 16, 2015, 12:15:33 AM
My vote is for Gonff.
Can you explain why?

Okay, so I explained why I first suspected Gonff here. I'm not entirely satisfied with Gonff's explanation. Corn's post about how the Mafia hadn't yet chosen their victim came only three and a half hours after she sent out the roles. That's hardly enough time to proclaim a Mafia is inactive. It doesn't clear Ash, but I don't think we should put so much stock in the timing. Second, no one was seriously suspecting anyone before the story was posted, so to say Eul wasn't a danger to the Mafia because of that is unfounded. She could have proven to be a danger later.

Now for LT's actions. I think we all made a mistake in assuming the pairings in the story were to indicate who the Mafia might be. Since three people were left solo, I think the pairings were only to hint at who the Cupid couple was. After all, Corn said she put that clue in there, even though they were killed first. So assuming that theory is correct, it means that LT distancing himself actually doesn't clear either him or Gonff like he thought it would.

So basically, I think Gonff is guilty and haven't been satisfied by any attempts to prove otherwise.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Skyblade on August 16, 2015, 07:05:08 PM
I don't like the idea of a poll. The thing is that seeing who votes for who can be used for investigative purposes. This is more important in rounds in which the role is revealed after a person dies, but still.

Corn, I understand this is confusing. My apologies. Instead, can we put a restriction so we can only change our vote once?

I prefer posting our vote in bold. Let me know what you think!

This poll was out of desperation. I'll take it down afterwards, but the rule is either being changed to no vote changing, or only once.

CaptainRocktree

So... When does the next part of the story come up?
J.R.R Tolkien

Cornflower MM

After I've counted nine vote son the poll.

Skyblade

Hmm, I'm considering voting Gonff. Gonff, any defense?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Gonff the Mousethief

Here is my defense on that Mhera. The timing on Ash is a little far fetched, but it is entirely an option. On Eul though, yes no one was a threat, but the Mafua had to choose someone. They could have chosen Rock for a reason and Eul for a reason, but I see no purpose doing so. I would actually have wanted to kill Del or Sand to get the pot stirring. By saying this A) The Mafia could kill them and make me seem like a culprit, or B) I could be saying that to throw you off track, which is an option for every statement said. With Sky, she seemed irritated when people suspected her. She has a good reputation, and people don't really want to upset her. Also, she seems very Pro-Town, which could also be a trick. Hope that makes sense.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Delthion

So...you're saying that I'm not much of a threat? Gonff, I'm hurt! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Eulaliaaa!

Mafia killed me on night one because they knew I was a threat  ;) wooaahh, better watch out you Mafia, I'll haunt the snot outta you  ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.