News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

The Silmarillion Discussion Thread

Started by Jukka the Sling, August 23, 2015, 01:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

I have to share this adorable picture of Maglor with Elrond and Elros (and Maedhros in the background).  (Also, I'm scandalized that my browser's auto-spellcheck recognizes Elrond as a word but not the others!)

As Little Might Be Thought, by Jenny Dolfen

[close]

*squees*  Isn't it awesome?!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Amber

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

*gasp*  HOW COULD YOU BE IMMUNE TO THE AMAZINGNESS OF THAT PAINTING?!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Vilu Daskar

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Lady Amber

Just 'cause you're a dwarf doesn't mean you can't see the awesomeness of an awesome picture!

Vilu Daskar

Lady Amber

You can still like a picture of Elves.

Delthion

I prefer the Elves more than the Dwarves, but I don't like that picture.

Lady Amber

Delthion

Jukka the Sling

But it's Maglor being sweet and awesome to the twins while his poor brother Maedhros stands alone in the distance because he probably feels guilty about everything.  How can that not be awesome?

Oh, wait.  You're one of those strange lifeforms known as "boys," so you'll never understand the emotional ways of fangirls. ;D