News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Okay, so strange smilie problems...

The  ;) has been replaced by an orange X, the  :D and  ;D are exactly the same, and some of the little green PM scrolls now have an  ^-^ face instead. Plus, on the "more" pop-up, the ^-^ face looks like a ;D face. WHY?!?!

(I'm using colourful on a phone, BTW)

James Gryphon

Quote from: Groddil on July 10, 2016, 02:17:26 AM
Okay, so strange smilie problems...

The  ;) has been replaced by an orange X, the  :D and  ;D are exactly the same, and some of the little green PM scrolls now have an  ^-^ face instead. Plus, on the "more" pop-up, the ^-^ face looks like a ;D face. WHY?!?!
That's strange. I haven't seen anything like this; as you're the first one to write about it, I'd guess that it's a problem with the phone you're using's settings. I'm not sure what I'd recommend to fix it, past the usual emptying the cache and all of that.

Quote from: Jet the binturong on July 10, 2016, 02:13:28 AM
How can it be abused?
I'm not going to go into a lot of depth here, but one possibility is that somebody could post up topics that are controversial or violate the rules, then try to wipe out any paper trail' down the road (so they can then claim that it never happened). Right now, people can edit things out, but that topic or post would still be there as evidence that something was said at some point that they wanted to 'take back'.
« Subject to editing »

Rosie Willowwater

Is the forum slow at loading for anyone else?

The Skarzs

I occasionally have issue, but that has more to do with my own internet connection, I think.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

I'm not experiencing that problem. I think its Wifi or computer speed causing the trouble, not the forum itself.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lord Daskar

I have that problem sometimes. But I do use an ancient Windows XP laptop.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Rosie Willowwater

It might be my wifi then :)

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on July 11, 2016, 05:31:43 PM
Is the forum slow at loading for anyone else?

Mmm, I remember mine doing that on Monday as well. And it does do it occasionally for me, but then again I have a laptop that's as old as I am and using an Internet cable, soo. . . . .

Delthion

Whenever I try to go back a few pages on the "Mentions" tab, it takes me back to my profile page. Which I find rather odd! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Look in your profile tab, and you'll see mentions there.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Yes, but if I try to go back to the second or third page of my mentions it takes me back to the summary.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lord Daskar

I does that for me too, Del.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

James Gryphon

Hmm, I'll see if I can get a patch for that in later.
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

Hey, James, the upcoming birthdays are still displayed on the homepage even when I'm logged out.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rosie Willowwater

Are there any areas only a select few member are allowed to see on the forums?