Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

Not unless it's been around long enough to show up in one of my backups of the server database. Unfortunately, I make those fairly infrequently, so if you made that list any time sooner than a few weeks or a month ago or more, it's probably gone.  :-\ If you let me know what post it was in, though, I can look anyway and see if anything's there.
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

I think it's about a month old. Here's a url.

:'(

Hickory

Bruv, it's all in your Celio spoiler.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Fatch of Southsward

This...  ;D

So does that mean the system that recovers our posts if we lose connection or something is off, or that it doesn't recover older posts?
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

James Gryphon

Quote from: Fatch of Southsward on August 22, 2016, 06:10:39 PM
So does that mean the system that recovers our posts if we lose connection or something is off, or that it doesn't recover older posts?
Well, what're you referring to by "the system that recovers our posts"?

Once a post's been edited, there's no recovering it before that I know of, besides the backup database that I mentioned.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Fatch: James didn't explicitly say that it recovers our posts, he said that he might be able to find it from one of the server back ups. It's equivalent to backing up a device to iCloud or such. It's moe like the WayBack machine than anything else.

(hope I worded that right)

Delthion

Why has the anonymous posting function been done away with?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

It wasn't. It's still available on one board.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Hickory

Someone mentioned a problem with going back more than the first page on the mentions tab. It's still happening, at least for me, no matter what I do (accessing through the profile tab, or going straight through the mentions tab, opening the link in an entirely new browser tab, etc.)

I'll keep experimenting and come back if you haven't found a solution, or diagnosed the problem.

Delthion

Would it be possible to restore anonymous posting to the Cellars?

James Gryphon

Quote from: Sagetip on August 23, 2016, 09:05:33 PM
Someone mentioned a problem with going back more than the first page on the mentions tab. It's still happening, at least for me, no matter what I do (accessing through the profile tab, or going straight through the mentions tab, opening the link in an entirely new browser tab, etc.)

I'll keep experimenting and come back if you haven't found a solution, or diagnosed the problem.
I never actually got around to doing anything about that, hence why it's still broken. :-\ I put it on my to-do list, though, so hopefully I'll remember to get to it sooner rather than later.

Quote from: Delthion on August 23, 2016, 09:17:34 PM
Would it be possible to restore anonymous posting to the Cellars?
Well, of course it'd be possible. Personally, though, I don't see a good reason to do so. The anonymous posting thing is on Forum Games so that members can play games where they feel the purpose is better-served by members not knowing who each other are, or being able to PM each other. I don't see that it serves a constructive purpose in the Cellars, now that the masquerade (which was a sort of game anyway) is over.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Okay. I just want to do something that requires the Anonymous feature.

Groddil

3 questions:

1. Who was fenzhou?
2. What was their topic about?
3. What happened to them?

I'm guessing SPAMbot?