News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Which internet browser do you use?

Started by DanielofRedwall, September 20, 2011, 10:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which internet browser do you use?

Internet Explorer
9 (19.1%)
Mozilla Firefox
17 (36.2%)
Safari
7 (14.9%)
Google Chrome
20 (42.6%)
Opera
1 (2.1%)
Other
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

DanielofRedwall

Out of interest, which internet browser do you use?

EDIT: I now use both Chrome and Firefox. I use Chrome when I'm just doing some quick browsing through the Internet with only a couple of tabs open at one time, and I use Firefox for when I'm doing more serious Interneting (look at me, I just invented a new verb!) with a lot of tabs open at one time. I find these browsers match these roles well.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

You mean internet browser.

I use Firefox. I like the features and security. IE lacks the latter, while having an array of features, but it's also just a nuisance for me with the lay out and it causes me technical problems. Safari runs very slowly, though it tries to appear to run faster, but it still doesn't. And it's layout isn't by any means my favorite. I've tried Chrome, but it's mad rapid fire full updates and general newness keeps me away from using it.
Opera undoubtedly has good speed, I used it once a few years ago. Not overly impressive.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Lutra

Uh, I kind of use them all.

Firefox - my main browser.  There are some extensions I need to help me with my work.  Fast, reliable, safe, and it just works.

Chrome - secondary back up.  Some flash boards/sites just work better in Chrome than firefox for some reason, so any intensive site I need to visit, I'll pick Chrome.

IE & Safari - used for work only - email and paperwork programs require IE or Safari.

Used to be an Opera user but there are (still) too many compatibility issues with that browser for me to even recommend it for people.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

DanielofRedwall

Opera? I haven't heard of that one! I'll add it on to the poll.

When I go on the Internet on my iPod I have to use Safari as it's the only one it lets me use. It gets really annoying (at least on the iPod). Especially it's spell checker thing that changes words even when they aren't spelt wrong sometimes! And I don't think it's any faster then the other browsers.

And, TOR, my bad!

Lily

Firefox is my browser of choice. I have it customised exactly how I like it with mouse gestures, Japanese language support, flash blockers, etc. IE feels clunky to me, but I have to use it at work. I open Safari very rarely if something doesn't work in Firefox, but that's usually to do with add-ons I have installed rather than the browser itself.

Redwall Musician

I use Opera and I guess it's okay. I use Firefox too, sometimes when Opera is being weird. On my computer in the basement I use Chrome. I like Chrome best, I think.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Matthias720

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

The Lady Shael

Chrome all the way! It's the browser that's crashed the least on me, and it's the fastest. And it just feels the least clunky to me.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Folgrimeo

I use Chrome because the pages load faster, or at least seem to. As a result I'm unable to go back to Firefox because it feels slow (that and I was burned too much by Firefox 2.x's memory problems). Internet Explorer I avoid like the plague as it feels even slower. As for Opera... the interface just seems too busy. There was a time where I based my browser decision on which had support for importing/exporting different bookmark formats (Safari used to not have any option for exporting bookmarks), but now they all do and exporting to HTML is the safest choice. Back when I had a Mac, I liked Safari for a while, seemed fast... then something happened where it wouldn't open anymore and crashed a lot. I tried Safari for Windows once, but it's quite the resource hog (like iTunes on Windows) and it's disorienting to see Apple's anti-aliasing on text. I generally prefer Apple's anti-aliasing, but only when it's system-wide like on a Mac, otherwise it's too jarring. Chrome's quick to open, quick to open webpages, interface gets out of the way... I love it. Except for their decision to bury the bookmarks manager two levels deep instead of having it on the top like everyone else.

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Folgrimeo on September 20, 2011, 06:33:24 PM
Except for their decision to bury the bookmarks manager two levels deep instead of having it on the top like everyone else.

I just have it set to "always show bookmarks bar" so all my pages are a click away, solves that problem for me.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

James Gryphon

Back before I ran OS X, I used to use Internet Explorer -- which was the fastest, if not always the most compatible, browser available under Classic Macintosh systems.

Now I primarily use Safari. I've tried all of the other browsers at some point or another... Firefox just feels slow and clunky to me. Any version of IE just strikes me as like a blast from the past now -- generic, with no real advantages, and I haven't seriously used it. Chrome has a bright side, but I'm not using Google products right now. Opera is a good browser, but it feels a tad bit heavier and slower than Safari, and I haven't had cause to use it.

For me, Safari just feels the quickest. It might be my imagination, I don't know, but even if it is, I figure that's a good enough reason for me to use it.
« Subject to editing »

DanielofRedwall

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Tiria Wildlough

Internet Explorer!!
I don't like Firefox. I don't know why. Maybe it's because you can Diagnose Connection Problems on IE, and all you can do on Firefox is Try Again. >:( I don't like being that helpless. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.