News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (Role-play thread)

Started by Ashleg, September 02, 2015, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the vermin meet the Redwallers?

Yeah!!
Not yet...When we're further into the roleplay. c:

Groddil

The grey fox, a male, was in one of his moods waiting for the gate to open. The sun felt hot on his back after the long walk. He turned to the snow white vixen beside him.
"This place better be as good as you say." He gave a chuckle. "The march here was almost as harsh as the one to Salamandastron all those years ago."
The vixen threw down a travelling staff and cast off a long cloak.
"It was a brutal winter, wasn't it. Well, Threeclaw, we shall never again have to spend harsh winters alone, hungry, and shivering, provided you can deal with the badgers."
Threeclaw's face froze in fear, his paw instinctively shot for the engraved katana he carried everywhere.
"Badgers? Mortembell, you sly fox, you never said there were badgers here!"
The vixen, Mortembell, spoke in a hushed whisper.
"I've been to this place before, seen from afar. There are always badgers here, normally females. A lot of the time they tend to the young, but sometimes, they can be warriors with the best of them, ESPECIALLY when someone threatens their little ones."
Threeclaw shivered.
"Best not to disturb the babes, then. Anything, so long as they let us in."
Threeclaw knocked on the gates again, his thoughts still haunted by badgers.

Meanwhile, the stoat, Redfang, had scaled the walls of the Abbey. Patting his war axe, he dashed along the walltops towards the main building.
"Heeheehee, Chopper, we did it. The treasure awaits! Those searats did me a really good favour telling me about this place. Right before you smashed their heads! Heeheehee!"

Ashleg

OOC-
It's fall, by the way. So unless they were talking about last year's winter, that wouldn't really work... Sorry.
IC-
Duncan, the formal long patrol hare, arrived at the gates. He opened it halfway when he realized that outside were two foxes.
He instantly narrowed his eyes. Were they Rapshade's? "Oh no, no, no, no. We're already having trouble with a pirate ferret, and we really don't need more, thanks. Now if you'll kindly turn around and march back off to where ya bally well came from, I'd appreciate it, wot!"

Groddil

OOC: Yes, they were. They've been travelling for a long time, and its easier that way. And about it being quite cold, it feels hot regardless of the season when you've been marching for a long time (trust me, I know :P)!

BIC: Threeclaw leapt back, drawing his katana at the sight of the hare. He had seen the uniform before, this was a Long Patrol fighting beast, servants to the Badger Lord of Salamandastron. He bared his teeth at the hare, preparing for an attack.
"You! You're one of those Long Patrol hares. Come to hand me over to your badger lord? Well I ain't going along quietly, I like my life."
Mortembell stepped in front of the snarling grey fox.
"You have to forgive Threeclaw, he isn't very fond of badgers, but he is a fine warrior. Maybe he can help with your pirate problem, he's had quite a lot of encounters with them in the past. They don't normally end very well... As for me, my name is Mortembell. I'm a healer, but I can also cook. If you let us in, we will do as you ask."

Redfang was inside the Abbey. He would have been spotted, but that stupid rabbit went over to the gates. He silently thanked the beasts who had unknowingly aided his entrance, he would give them a gift: They would die quickly. Skulking in the shadows, the stoat made his way to the kitchens.

Ashleg

OOC-
(Ungatt make ya march a lot?  ;))
IC-
"Excuse me, Sah! I haven't worked in the Long Patrol for many seasons, I'm just wearin' the uniform because I like it! Now if you'd please..." Duncan folded his arms and nodded approvingly when Mortembell stepped in front of the other fox.
His ears stood up rigidly.
"You don't like pirates either? Well, then. I...guess you can come inside, but I'm going to keep a strict guard on you and you'll have to leave all your weapons outside."

Groddil

Threeclaw spat on the ground.
"If there's any badgers in there, you are NOT getting my sword. If there aren't, I'll happily hand it over. This sword is the only weapon we have between us, unless you want to take Mortembell's staff as well. She doesn't really need it, so do so if you please. Besides, how do you expect us to help with the pirate problem with no weapons?"

Redfang was having the time of his life. Upon entering the kitchens to find them empty, he began scoffing mushroom and onion pasties that had been left to cool. Burning his mouth, the stoat rushed towards a barrel of October Ale, recently brought up from the cellars. Licking his lips, he drunk deeply.
"Mmm, I could get used to this, eh Chopper? Cmon, mebbe they got more down in them cellars."
With that, the gluttonous stoat stole away from the kitchens, into the cellars below.

Hickory

OOC: *door opens*

Sorry I'm late, guys.

BIC: Ava pushed open the door to the Infirmary and walked in. "Mixy? Bracklew?"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

OOC-
THAT PENGUIN IS ADORABLE!!  :o <3
IC-
"There's one badger. You don't need a weapon to have a conversation about what to do about the Pirates." Duncan shook his head.
"You either come in and leave the sword, or you don't come in at all. How's that?"

Mixy looked up, nudging Bracklew ever so slightly.
"Yes, Ava?"

LT Sandpaw

OOC:
Sage where do you find these gifs? :D

BIC:

Searats, with a scattering of ferrets, stoats, weasels, and foxes heaved the two bodies overboard. Two splashes followed, as the corpses landed among the shallows of the river. The lead rat returned to Rapshade rubbing his paws clean on a dirty tunic.

"All finished Cap'n, they be fish food now, nigh ta bather ye again." He leaned on his spear grinning wolfishly at the ferret. "Mayhap me n' th' crew c'n 'ave yonder good vittles Cap'n?"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Licking the last of the honey off of his paw Bracklew turned to look at the badger mother at Mixy's urging. He said nothing, Mixy having already asked the obvious question.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

Threeclaw was still staring down the hare, paws gripped tight on his sword, when a huge hedgehog pushed past him into the Abbey.
"'Scuse me, morning Duncan. Forraging trip went well, strawberries, dandelions, others...I'll get these over to Ferg."
Mortembell took advantage of his shock to grab the sword and stab it into the ground. Threeclaw gave a glare at Mortembell, then turned back to Duncan.
"There, now can we come in?"

Redfang was still in the Cellars, sipping from barrels. This was the life for him. He lay there, wondering how life could get any better.
"Whadda you think, Chopper? Hmm. Yes. Mmm. You're right, more killing would make this MUCH better!"
Suddenly, the door creaked open, and the stoat leapt behind a barrel.

Muddle Coggelspike eased open the door to cellars, haversack slung over his back. Fergbar? Ferg? You here? I brought the berries and things from the foraging trip!

Vilu Daskar

Fergbar was not in the Cellars but in the attic chasing Fangfang.

Where is that rat going? he wondered, running after him with all the speed he could muster.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Hickory

"Stop stuffing your faces and come down to Great Hall. We need to have a talk."

Ava stopped to pick up a scone and, winking at the two, left them to get ready.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Muddle looked around, but couldn't find Fergbar anywhere. He left the haversack in the cellars and walked up to the Great Hall.

Redfang was alone. He had missed his chance; the hedgehog had gone. Never mind, he would kill them all yet. He pulled the war axe off his belt.
"What do you think, Chopper? Should we slay 'im when 'ee comes back? What a great idea! I'll stuff 'im in a barrel an' nobody'll ever know!"

Ashleg

"Of course," Rapshade said airily, waving one paw at the table.
"That's what I said, wasn't it? As long as you leave that blueberry pie for me, it's my favorite."

--

And suddenly, a wall! Fang halted. He was cornered, and he heard Fergbar's paw steps getting nearer quickly. The rat's heart dropped.
"Oh please don't kill me, I didn't know ye didn't want me t' leave!"

--

Duncan smirked.
"Alright, now you can come in. That wasn't hard, was it? Go on ahead of me, though, so I can close the gate before somebeast decides he still wants his sword."

Mixy groaned, turning to look at her squirrel friend.
"Oh no, do ya think we're in trouble?" She inquired.

Groddil

Mortembell scurried through the gate, followed by Threeclaw, who glared at Duncan as he passed. The two foxes crossed the lawn, in awe of the Abbey's beauty. Mortembell had seen it from afar, but even she remarked in hushed whispers to Threeclaw that they'd outdone themselves this time. They made it to the main building, and pushed open the door. The two foxes had entered the great hall.

Vilu Daskar

Fergbar was breathing heavily when he caught up to Fang. "We aren't going to kill you Fangfang, The Abbot just wants to talk with you," he said trying to look happy.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.