News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (Role-play thread)

Started by Ashleg, September 02, 2015, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the vermin meet the Redwallers?

Yeah!!
Not yet...When we're further into the roleplay. c:

Lady Ashenwyte

Mia removed her paw from the fire. "I could see what happens in the South, and I hear a vermin warlord is marching on you." She held her paw out. "Check my paw. Is it not perfectly dry, and as if nothing has happened to it?"
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

Ava roughly insepcted the fox's paw. "I suppose.... do you have any weapons? Redwall holds a strict policy on such things."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Cornflower MM

Rayne studied the fox. "Hello, I'm Rayne Humingwolf, Redwall's Infirmary Sister. Please may I see what you poured on the fire?" She asked politely, moving forward.

Ashleg

"Sure y'do." Duncan watched Mel suspiciously.
I sure don't trust her, not one bit.
"If you heard of a vermin horde coming this way, how should we know that you're not part of it?"

LT Sandpaw

"Well if he does then we'll probably hear him wont we." Bracklew laughed, the pebble he had been tossing between his paws fell away rolling across the grass. He glanced over at Mixy confusion on his face.

"Who would be watching us? And why? You suppose they might know about what happened here?" He asked innocently.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

"N-no, I just have that feeling, y'know, like when somebeast's staring you down..." Suddenly the leaves rustled--or at least Mixy thought they did. She trailed off, standing up. The young hare walked over to the bushes, squinting uneasily at them.
She took a few more uneasy steps and cast an uneasy glance at Bracklew.
"I could've sworn...Yaaagh! Mmph!"
A paw lashed out and was slapped across her mouth, and she felt herself get yanked behind the bushes.

Rapshade the Swift grinned down at her.
He positioned the blade end of his sabre near her neck. "I overheard y' talking about me. Can't have that." The ferret murmured. Sharply, he turned to face his crew.
"Saltooth, Blackclaw. Grab the squirrel."
...A tremor of fear ran down Mixy's spine.

rrrrr

OOC: SL likes picking on woodlanders :P

SL jumped up and down excitedly. "More throwing!" He cackled, stroking his kitchen utensil.  ;)
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Lady Ashenwyte

"Weapons? Nay, my arms will not bear such weights." She turned to Rayne. "I cannot have you examine that, lest harm befalls you. If you must, take it and do not remove the seal, and bury it six feet beneath the ground. That way you will be safe." Mel faced Duncan. "You are skeptical, Duncan, I see it in your eyes. The bickering of warlords and kings does not concern the fire priests, if I must answer your question." she said, before shrugging off her cloak and revealing her red robe.

~~O~~

A brawny sea otter watched the proceedings with rage. The witch must have corrupted even these Redwallers. What spell has she cast this time? He thought, and vanished into the forest.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Hickory

Ava pursed her lips. "Rriiiiight. What do you want from us?"

OOC: Now would be  great time to have the Abbot come over.

Lady Ashenwyte

Ashleg

Duncan put on an obviously fake smile. "Sure, sure, fox, of course that's what you want." He remarked, narrowing his eyes.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: A time for bloodshed is upon us...

BIC:

Both Steersrat and weasel leapt forward snagging Bracklew under the armpits hefting him up so his footpaws couldn't touch the ground.

"Let 'im on th' ground fer one moment an' e' will be a'gon up ther' neares' tree mate." Sal tooth grunted as the young squirrel struggled in their tight grip. Suspended as he was Bracklew felt helpless in the rough pirates grip. But they had forgotten to cover his mouth.

"Brandon! Creekpaw! Help!" There was a yell from the inside of the house and Creekpaw burst forth roaring with her javelin raised. She was charging to fast to avoid the spear hurled from a tall fox. She grunted and collapsed on her side, with the spear haft sticking from her chest. Brandon seeing his comrade's fate was much more careful.

Leaping over the dead Creekpaw he slashed downward with his sword laying the fox low. Leaving the wounded vermin where he lay Brandon pushed further into the mob. His sword cutting and wounding pirates as he pressed towards the creatures holding Bracklew and Mixy. Finding himself surrounded he stood, sword raised to fight. One searat leapt forward sword raised to kill only to be cut down. Another tried and failed to kill the mouse. A weasel thrust with a spear driving it deep into the Brandon's back. At this point any shouts from the watching pirates or their captain was drowned out as the mouse spun and drove his blade deep into the weasel's chest, roaring aloud.

Taking advantage of the mouse's turn Saltooth left Blackclaw holding the squirrel and darted forward a sniggering laugh followed by a yell. "Die Mousy!" Brandon turned seeing Saltooth's upraised dagger he dodged to save himself. But the rat was quick and he plunged his blade thrice into Brandon's unprotected chest.

A sore cough emitted from his throat, and with one last look at the captured tearstain faces of the young hare and squirrel, Brandon fell.

Saltooth leaving the body went for the sword which was still sticking from the dead weasel. "This 'ere blade ain't half bad." He remarked waving the bloodstained steel over his head.

OOC: Hm, I did mention I was going to need to make a new character, this was the only way I wanted this to turn out. But if you want me to change it just say so.

Ashleg

OOC-
You're good.
IC-
Rapshade was a bit shocked at how easily they defeated the Woodlanders. Sure, they'd lost a couple, but still. The ferret simply held on to Mixy, who had stopped with her useless struggle after managing to free her mouth, and was now sobbing.
"B-brandon, Creekpaw! No! No...N-no..."

"Oh, were they your friends, Hare? Aha."
Rapshade smirked, digging his claws into her arms. "You were talking about me, I'm Rapshade and indeed I'm alive. Those poor fools didn't stand a chance against me or my crew of sea rogues." The ferret hissed. He looked up at the crew suddenly, pulling Mixy roughly forward.
"Everybeast, stop whimpering over your wounds and get back to the Shadowcaster. Looks like we have two new oarslaves."

Hickory

OOC: Little time skip here.

BIC; Jetfur was on deck trying to nail a woodpigeon with a bow from the ship's armory. He was failing miserably, though, and on the sound of the crew arriving back the Slavemaster quickly returned the bow to its rightful place and looked over the side of ship. Now here was a surprise, new oars leaves! Children, too!

LT Sandpaw

OOC: This is a little before the time skip Sage, you ninja'd me :P

BIC:

Bending down Saltooth wiped the sword of Martin clean on the grass. It glimmered in a brilliance that the steersrat had never seen before. Throwing his old scimitar away into the bushes he thrust his new sword into the red sash admiring the blade.

"Ain't eve' seen a pirate wit' a blade th' likes o' this." He swaggered over to where Blackclaw stood, still holding Bracklew. "What'cha think Blacky eh?" The weasel was about to reply when Bracklew strained forward teeth bared, a few tears streaked down his face.

"Murderer! You are not fit to touch that sword!" Saltooth struck out hitting the young woodlander across the face.

"Shaddup Scumtail it ain't murder if'n I kills 'im in battle eh. Yer nothin', a mere slave now ain't yer, I'll make sur' Jetty puts a few extra marks cross yer back fer speakin' ter me like that." grabbing the subdued squirrel the two pirates pulled him along, sniggering evilly. They almost didn't hear Bracklew's last remark, so quiet it was no more then a whisper, but hear they did.

"I will kill you one day rat." The tough steersrat flinched visibly while Blackclaw punched the squirrel hard in the stomach.

"Didn' we tell yer ta shuddup Scumtail?"