News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

War In 1700

Started by SilentSam, September 17, 2015, 03:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izeroth

OOC: This isn't really a battle; I intended it to be more of a hit-and-run raid. I think you're allowed to damage enemy forces, just not cause any damage that would decisively defeat them.

•The Prusso-Saxon commander, accompanied by a small group of officers, rides out to meet Prince Sablepaw's delegation.

terms of truce with France
 confidential
The states of Brandenburg-Prussia and Saxony will make peace with The Kingdom of France under three conditions:

1: All hostilities against the Kingdom of England, both direct and indirect, will cease.

2: 20,000 and 10,000 marks will be paid to the states of Brandenburg-Prissia and Saxony, respectively.

3: The territory of Alsace will be immediately and permanently given to Brandenburg-Prussia and Saxony, to be ruled as a joint possession of the two states.
[close]

[close]

Søren

-Russian forces hit-and-run back at attackers, sends small teams to light  enemy equipment on fire.
-Russians stop to repair and restock items for nearby village.

I'm retired from the forum

Izeroth

Edit: Thanks for the clarification.

•Prussian cavalry retreat from the Russian lines, regrouping for another assault.

Søren

OOC: No, through Hapsburg into Switzerland, then they'll come out the other end is Switzerland. So I guess we may not actually be fighting.

BIC:
-Russian forces stand and do not advance, but load the cannon artillery and fire at the Prussian cavelry.

OOC: How many losses do you think each side has suffered?

Vilu Daskar

As the English Redcoats march through a small forest they are suddenly surrounded by 300 Scots. The Scots fire, drop their muskets, pick up another one, fire, and disappear.

OOC: @ Sand
If the ships are sailing east they would be heading back to port. If so then the Inshore would fire on them.

BIC: The Invincible fires again at another frigate, this time destroying half it's starboard battery. The three French Schooners are suddenly fired upon by the Swedish frigates that appeared out on nowhere. The two disabled French frigates are destroyed by three Swedish Ships of the Line.

Off the Isle of Wight Admiral Dilu aboard Lion give the order to open fire upon the  Spanish navy.

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Izeroth

OOC: @Soren It was a very quick skirmish, so I don't think many Russians or Prussians would have been killed. Maybe a couple hundred, if that.

Søren

OOC: Alright
BIC:
-After furring artillery, Russians cease firing and  surge forward through Hapsburg, heading for Switzerland.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: OK, seriously guys, this is getting a little ridiculous. You can't pull an army out of a hat, not to mention one that's 350,000 strong! England is the strongest military power, and it only has a standing army of 40,000 troops. It can pull off a 200,000 strong army- but only after 2 years!

Also, all those French merchant ships just sailed into a full English Fleet- That's a full 12 ships-of-the-line and 13 fourth-through-sixth-rates. With the gunfire and the number of ships, the French ships are pretty much doomed. England has the finest navy in the world, and slow, lightly armed merchant ships would be easy prey.

Also, what in the world are archers doing?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Wylder its a suicide mission, as for everything else I have no idea. I'm just trying to keep France alive.

-Prince Sablepaw meets with the delegates, after reading there terms he offers his own with are much simpler and more direct. And as follows, "Return the way you came or every step you take onto French soil will be paid for in a lake of Saxony and Prussian blood. Furthermore if you cease this foolish advance I will persuade my father to come to terms with the English. Continue and you will be attacked be the French and Swiss from the front, Russians from the flank and Dutchmen from the rear." With this said Prince Sablepaw returns to his army and awaits the Prusso-Saxon decision.-

OOC: Vilu they are sailing towards the Ottoman Empire, but whatever.

BIC:

-The three French 70s pass the 72s firing and delivering devastating punishment to the Swedish ships. While the damaged frigate turns 180 to return fire with its port side cannons. Admiral Mousiler has his own frigate come along side a Swedish counterpart boarding it and capturing its crew. While another two French Frigates preform a pass together on one of the Ships of the Line utterly destroying it.-

-Lord Russell and his Ten thousand march into Savoy toppling its weak monarchy without much trouble. They claim the nations Navy and send the ships to aid in the fight against the Swedish. King Sablepaw declares Russell Lord of all Savoy second only to the ruler of France.-

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Søren

OOC: @Wylder Dude, not everyone is the history buff you are. But whatever. I'm trying to move 30,000 Russians across Europe. So, anything wrong there?

Hickory

Ottoman troops take Sicily with only 500 total causalties and 750 wounded.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Izeroth

•Seeing that negotiations have failed, the Prusso-Saxon delegation returns to camp. The army starts preparing for a march.

•In Bavaria, the Prussians begin to raise an army of 10,000 professional soldiers. It will take a year to complete.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Sorry. Guilty as charged ;D Del just seems to like ludicrousy. But there's nothing wrong with your Russian army.

BIC:
Having taken more French shipping than was ever expected, the Channel fleet turns west and, in a surprise move, blasts the ports of the Spanish Netherlands as 50,000 British regulars disembark on the shore. The army quickly subdues the ill-prepared region, then turns and marches south towards Alsace-Lorraine.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

SilentSam

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on September 19, 2015, 03:31:02 PM
OOC: What about the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth? I'd like to take that, and its borders Russia.

BIC:
50,000 Russian soldiers march and ride wagons to the French border to meet the Prusso-Saxon army.
I'm doing the minor countries first, hoping someone will claim the others.
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Lady Ashenwyte

- Spanish troops pour into Sicily, taking half of the Island with 2,500 casualties.

- Ottoman possesions in Spain are seized.

- The Spanish ships arrive at the Island, taking the Swedish ships by surprise and destroying the rigging of one.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.