News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

War In 1700

Started by SilentSam, September 17, 2015, 03:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

From King Sablepaw première of France to King Soren of Switzerland
I am pleased to hear that you will provide military support to the Benevolent Kingdom of France. Your aid will be most helpful in controlling Sweden and the Prussians. I will have ambassadors sent to your Kingdom immediately to declare the Swiss allied with the French Regime
[close]

-The Benevolent French Monarchy under the strong rule of King Sablepaw The First, Première of all France has declared war on the English Empire. A thousand soldiers lowly equipped because of the rush to aid their ally King Ash of Spain. Onboard a multitude of small schooners, and protected by a French Warship, they sail to the castle Carisbrooke. Joining them onboard a frigate are a further two cannon crews and a hundred of the Elite Royal Musketeers.-

-Further South French Traders sail down the channel to the coast of Spain where they unload resources necessary for a continued war effort. These ships are slow and vulnerable to pirate attack.-

-In the Netherlands a small army is trained and slowly developed as the determined Dutch people prepare for whatever storm is about to be unleashed upon Europe-

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Søren

To Sage,
Extremely confidential
Well, since I just ordered a deal with France and Switzerland, we now have the French by our side. I suggest we take a larger nation now that we have a military strength. I suggest Englad, as I have alience a with the French who have an alliance with Spain. Or Hapsburg, teach that Delthion a lesson.
[close]
[close]

I'm retired from the forum

Vilu Daskar

From King Vilu VI to Wylder King of England
Greeting Great King,
I was distressed to hear that the power hungry French and the evil Spainish are attacking on of your island fortresses. I have sent 20 Ships of the Line under the famous Admiral Dilu to help relieve the siege and would like to inform you that I have blockaded all the French ports in the Mediterranean and the great port of Brest. More ships are on the way to Spain.
King Vilu VI
[close]

A Declaration of War.
I, King Vilu VI of Sweden declare war on Spain. Forthwith all Spainish ships, goods, people, and cities shall be treated as pirates and killed or seized,
Signed Vilu VI.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Lady Ashenwyte

- The Spanish army amasses and prepares two armies of 50,000 each, who will be ready in a few years.

- A force of 25,000 Spaniards will be ready in two years.

- King Ashenwyte has the Swedish diplomat executed and all Swedish people in Spain are subject to a new series of discriminatory acts. The Swedish diplomat's corpse makes it's way to Sweden fast.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Vilu Daskar

A Swedish army of 100,000 assembles in three years, ready to march where ever the Spanish try to land. The Coastal Forts are told to be ready. Already smoke pour into the air as they heat up red hot shot. A fleet of 30 Ships of the Line sail to meet the Spanish attacking force. Ships arrive off the coast of Spain to begin the blockade.

From General Daskar to Del of Ireland.

You will have as much support as the Scotch can send if you start a rebellion against the English.
General Daskar
[close]

A Declaration of War.
The Scotch declare war on the English and their allies. All Englishmen, ships, and goods in Scotland shall be seized plundered and killed.
General Daskar

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Ahem Ahem Ahem- please remember this needs to be REALISTIC. Sweden is not a major power, and at this point Spain is weak and France and England are in near perpetual war. Scotland and Ireland are firmly in English hands, with no real hope of liberation.

The English army of 8,000 and the Highland Garrison of 7,000 quickly march to the center of the Scottish revolt, razing contrary Scottish towns, and engage the rebel forces.

The English Channel Fleet patrols the coast of France and engages any French ships (including merchant shipping) it contacts.

The mighty English War fleet sails from the Portsmouth Naval Yard under the command of Admiral George Rooke, headed south-west, destroying any enemy ships they encounter.

The standing British army of 30,000 regulars begins assembly and boarding and a new draft begins. The draft will provide 75,000 new regulars within the year. The Port Guard seizes all French and Spanish shipping and appropriates the contents and ships for English naval use.

The British Army of North America prepares for war. 10,000 troops will be ready for disembarkment by year's end. The British Caribbean Fleet blockades the French West Indies.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Søren

OOC: Sam said Scotland has autonomy in this topic.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: ...Not for long, then.

Face the might of the great British Empire!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

SilentSam

Sweden IS a major power. (At this point) If not, then just pretend it is. Edit: Also, please do not attack the unclaimed countries YET. I will act for some of them if they aren't claimed in a few days. Or else, I'll let you have them. Edit: Does anyone with ONE kindgom/country want another?
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Thank you Wylder.

BIC:

-Under the command of Admiral Mosulier six heavy war frigates engage the Swedish Navy blockading the Mediterranean sea. These ships are crewed by professionals and have forty heavy cannon each. Mosulier is a crafty and daring commander and moves in on the slightly larger blockading fleet with a confident eye.-

-On the west coast the Naval war is going badly for the French Navy. Already a multitude of French traders have been captured and two sunk. One Warship and three schooners are utterly destroyed in battle. Desperate for victory King Sablepaw promotes fleet Captain Alain to Admiral and gives him command of three Warships, one frigate and seven schooners to defend the traders. With the Royal Navy spread so thin the West Indies are momentarily left under the command of Merchant Captain Travis who has nothing to fight with but a few armed Merchant vessels. However Travis is resourceful and uses his forces small size to preform lightning attacks on the British ships.-

-French Harbors are filled with workers and craftsmen as thirty new frigates are assembled. These vessels cost Three million francs each and will be swift and powerful. It may take another two years before they are ready for use.-

-On the New World the French army along with their Indian Allies raid British towns and forts using the Indians effective strategies.-

-French Privateers sail along the Swedish coast attacking fat merchant vessels from both Sweden and England.-

-In the French homeland Twenty thousand French Musketeers are assembled in Paris and Anjou while a further Forty Thousand are trained. A full thousand cannon crews and nearly Six thousand claviers are trained and assembled in the North Western cities. France is ready for war.-

Søren

OOC:I don't know how long this will take:
BIC:
*sends colony teams across the bering strait in boats to set up North American colonies for Russia*

Izeroth

OOC: If Sweden enforced strict conscription laws, an army of 100,000 wouldn't be unrealistic. Of course, being raised so quickly, such an army probably wouldn't be very well-trained.

In honor of our alliance with the Kingdom of England, the free states of Brandenburg-Prussia and Saxony declare war on Spain and France.

• A joint Prusso-Saxon force of 60,000 begins the march towards France, laying waste to pro-French towns on the way.

• Brandenburg-Prussia conscripts 10,000 peasants, keeping them as a reserve force to defend the homeland.

Hickory

To the Czar
I'm attacking Italy. Trust me, I don't need assistance.
[close]

Ships set sail from the south-west shore of the Ottoman Empire, quickly underway to Sicily. Taking control of the island is the first step in taking control of Italy.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

From King Sablepaw Première of France to King Soren of Switzerland
Highly Confidential
I King Sablepaw promise King of Soren estates in Paris along with three million francs worth of goods if the army of Switzerland marches to aid the French regime in battle against the combined forces of Prussia and Saxony. Seventy Five Thousand soldiers march towards France while only Twenty-Three Thousand Frenchmen stand in their way. We call for aid less France is utterly destroyed!
[close]
[close]

-The French army numbering slightly less then Twenty thousand musketeers, Two thousand claviers and some eighty cannon crews march though France towards the Border where the Prussian and Saxony army is soon to arrive. Along the way they are joined by several thousand brave volunteers. They are led by Prince Sablepaw II determined to stop the invaders from capturing any French soil.-

Vilu Daskar

Swedes in the Mediterranean laugh as they see the French can only send six 40 gunned frigates. Ten 72 gunned Ships of the Line move to stop the weak French force.