News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Homework Motivation Topic

Started by Kitsune, September 18, 2015, 01:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Any procrastinators out there? *Sheepishly raises hand* I know that I am one. Anyway, I thought that it might be nice if we had a topic about homework motivation, as the topic title clearly states. This topic is for the discussion of what motivates us as well as a place where we can help each other get motivated to do homework. And yes, there is some that I should be doing right now. :P

So, what motivates you?

Banya

I need this topic.

Due dates motivate me.  More so the closer they get.

Also, I don't want to show up for discussion and be that one person who hasn't done the readings or been drafting their paper.  I don't want the legacy of holding anyone else back.  That, more than anything, motivates me to do the most tedious assignments.

This is kind of strange, but sometimes I pretend that what I'm doing is the most interesting thing ever.  Pretending helps me get through some of the worst assignments.  Like, piecing together this assignment will be a breakthrough in a murder case.  Translating this paragraph will help the Allies win the war.  The outline I'm filling in is a coded letter that will help me find the next stop on the Underground Railroad.  Odd things like that that add a little excitement.

The Skarzs

I have a pretty good work ethic; I work on something at odd times and get rather far into it and be lenient about it for a while.

I know, that's a terrible work ethic.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

It sounds better than last-minute cramming.  Sounds mentally and emotionally healthier and all-around easier.  Probably yields better results, too.  I'll get past one rushed due date, give myself a break, and do the same thing all over again.  I wish I could push myself to use your methods.

rrrrr

Just finished a 2.5-hour-calculus-homework.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Rusvul

Quote from: Banya on September 18, 2015, 04:00:16 AM
I need this topic.
Due dates motivate me.  More so the closer they get.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
   - Douglas Adams

Banya

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

Meh. I have been procrastinating for much too long. (Of course, I have another day to finish it...)  ::)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Banya

James Gryphon

Me too, what do you know.

I'm not quite sure why I do this, considering that I'm going to have to do it at some point or another anyway. I guess maybe because I don't feel pressured until it's almost too late, and I like working under pressure, but if that's the case, that's really stupid.
« Subject to editing »

Banya

Some people do work best under pressure.  I'm one of those as well, but I'm trying to train myself to work productively and at a more relaxed pace ahead of time.  The problem is that this system has been working, making it harder to stop.

I have my books piled next to me.  I could open them and study Russian grammar or read some classical sociological excerpts... or I could play Town of Salem, visit my websites, and talk to my friends who are "studying" on my other couch.

Hickory

Procrastinating on my essay about the Puritans.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

Well... I have to write five chapters in about a week. I've been procrastinating for too long now, time to find a way to beat Writer's Block and put something down on paper, I really don't want to fail this class  :P
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Skyblade

I am a horrible procrastinator because I'm always tired. Not saying that's an acceptable setback, but it's clearly a strong one, seeing as how I've been like this for months.

On the bright side, at least I get my work done anyway. Even if it's at the last minute. It's better than nothing. Still, I'm working on self-discipline. It's not easy for me.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!