News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Homework Motivation Topic

Started by Kitsune, September 18, 2015, 01:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhera

All of my school is homework :( (;D)

Banya

^Ha.  :(

I'm using the reward system tonight.  It's not a long essay I have to write - so short it was assigned to be written in a night, but after a sufficient length of time, or when I need to recollect my thoughts... back to my show I go.  Well, it's working for tonight, at least.

Hickory

Forgot to check my planner and I have spanish homework due tomorrow. I get to waste my late sunday afternoon doing Spanish. XP
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

Reward system? Perhaps I should try that. I am one terrible procrastinator!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Søren

I got one window as an untouched research paper, and instead of typing that, I'm typing what song I'm listening to. Oh man.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on October 01, 2015, 10:44:22 PM
Procrastinating on my essay about the Puritans.
It's due tomorrow. Gonna have some hard work in soccer study hall.

James Gryphon

I've got to get on top of things. I've just been letting myself slide further and further behind...

Maybe electric shock motivation would help. Or I could do what that one guy did and hire a girl to hit me every time I get off track.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

That might not work for me, because I kind of enjoy pain.

I would bet twenty dollars that I'm the worst procrastinator on the forum. This is shaming coming from a valedictorian, but it's true :-\ I mean, look at me right now. I'm procrastinating by posting on a topic about procrastination while a Word document lies blank in another tab :P

Speaking of which, I better make my way over there.

James Gryphon

Quote from: Skyblade on October 07, 2015, 04:38:04 AM
I would bet twenty dollars that I'm the worst procrastinator on the forum.

I had two writing assignments in the last course I took. I skipped the first one outright and got 0 out of 100 possible points. The second one, I did at the last minute (literally sending it in all of a second before the deadline), and got something like 45 out of 100.

I also procrastinated on most everything else, getting something like a 15 point hit on one entry for late submission. Even so, though, if I had done well on the writing assignments, I'm sure I would have got an A. As it was I got a C.

And all of that's just the tip of the iceberg. Starting in '07, I put school off indefinitely and never did finish 10th, 11th or 12th grade. Back in '04 or so, instead of doing schoolwork, I routinely read comic books.

I've practiced procrastination for over fifteen years. When it comes to procrastination, I don't just have a master's degree; I'm the president of the university.

The fact is, taking one summer off might make you feel bad, but millions of students across the country do it all the time. You have to put things off long and hard before you can even come close to me.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

That's just one course, though. I procrastinate on everything. Literally everything...

EDIT: Oh. Still. I procrastinate on other things too.

On second thought, arguing over who's the worst procrastinator will probably make us feel worse. Thank you though, James, because you were probably trying to encourage me and, actually, it did help to know I'm not the only one :-\

I know I need to improve, but actually doing so is incredibly challenging. Maybe I should read more Bulletproof Musician; it might help. There may be books and videos too. I should look at those instead of useless stuff :P

James Gryphon

Quote from: Skyblade on October 07, 2015, 04:51:33 AM
On second thought, arguing over who's the worst procrastinator will probably make us feel worse.
Not when I know you owe me $20. You can either send me the money directly, or just gift me something on my Steam/iTunes wishlist. :)

I usually only do something big, like take a test, when I'm more afraid of not doing it than doing it. In my case, that can take quite a while. In the course I'm on right now, I'm already technically several days past the due dates on my assignments. (Unfortunately I have a tendency to do this more with online classes, but going up to the college wouldn't have worked with our schedule.)

I've had some limited success with restricting things from myself until after I've accomplished something I mean to do.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on October 06, 2015, 05:59:46 PM
Finished it on the fifteen minute bus ride to the soccer game. Like a boss.

Lady Ashenwyte

I'm procrastinating on writing the fish-like first draft of a summative assignment.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Skyblade

I've actually made some improvement on not procrastinating. I hope I can work harder, though it's difficult when one is burned out :P

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on October 07, 2015, 12:29:25 PM
Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on October 06, 2015, 05:59:46 PM
Finished it on the fifteen minute bus ride to the soccer game. Like a boss.

YAY SAGE!

Also, Sky? I've got unfinished chapters from MONTHS ago still sitting in my Fanfiction stuff folder. (And yes, it really is called that.)