No Poll

Do not
5 (50%)
Vote
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Hickory

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 21, 2015, 06:34:49 PM
The murder weapon is indeed a sword. They are called The Order of the Black Sword.

Interesting that no one's voted yet.

So it was a Stygion Iron sword? *nudge nudge wink wink*
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Hickory

Stygian iron is a mythical Greek/Roman element that's "black as a nightmare".

Skyblade

Sky is here and she's going hardcore.

I honestly don't think the pairings mean anything. Maybe they do, but IMO it's not likely. Gonff and I were grouped together only because we're both recorders. As for the other pairs, Jet was grouping the ones of the same species. The pairings just come off as logical to me.

That said, I'm not the biggest fan of using clues in the story as evidence for Mafia because they can be misleading. I'll use them if something really bugs me, but tend to analyze posts in my search more.

Utilizing my strategy, my main suspect is Sage. So far, his posts have unsettled me and seemed the most Mafia- motivated out of all the players. He's posting, but I'm wondering if he is "active lurking". That's a term we use on the Mafia forum to describe someone who posts, but the posts don't really help the investigation. Quite a few of them have left me scratching my head, and that's not something Town should do. Town needs to provide clarity. Mafia members are the ones who want to confuse Town; it helps them lynch the wrong people and win. In addition, he sounds pretty defensive of himself IMO, and that is something that always raises my suspicions.

Other Thoughts:
The argument for Søren being Mafia because he's a mouse guard and would have a sword makes sense, but it's not sure enough evidence for me to vote. What's interesting, though, is the fact that he IS a mouse guard. After all, Søren is usually a badger. The fact that he's a mouse in this story is strikingly odd and it might, might (or might not), mean something.

For someone who's doing their first game, Rachel has been doing surprisingly well IMO and more invested than I thought. Hmm.

Rain hasn't posted, and she hasn't been active on the forum so that could be why.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Cornflower MM

. . . . . . . Would it be bad for me to just go with Skye's vote? Because she has better-sounding points to me than everyone else does, and I honestly have no idea.

Jetthebinturong

Wait, Soren's usually a badger?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Skyblade

Jetthebinturong

Søren

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 22, 2015, 01:09:14 AM
Wait, Soren's usually a badger?
Yes, I had Boar the Fighter as my profile picture for two years. ::)

I'm voting Rachel, because she started attacking me after I suggested that her and Sam might be together, because in the story they're both foreign. Then Sam votes for me without much explanation, except maybe to go along with his partner.

I'm retired from the forum

Jetthebinturong

So thats two for Soren, one for Sage and one for Rachel, correct?

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on October 20, 2015, 09:16:25 PM
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 20, 2015, 08:07:11 PM
I'm saying nothing. But I was about to point out to Corn that I'd also paired up Gonff and Sky yet neither were the same species. All we know about Kuki and Suna is that they climbed in through a window, it didn't say how they got there.
Well, maybe the hawk aspect is back on the table.
Quote from: LT Sandpaw on October 20, 2015, 08:57:40 PM

Good story Jet, I can see a few possible "clues" But nothing that directly points to any one group. I would like to point out that the assassins are most likely new to the castle so Cornflower, Sky, and Gonff might not be mafia because they live at the castle they are recorders and dancers and such.

So I'm not saying its set in stone but since the assassins were "sent" to the castle and that they hadn't been living in the castle, which means those three might be less suspicious then the others.

What do you guys think?
That's a good point, it might be the foreigners, Sam and Rachel.

Notice that Soren suspected Sam and Rachel because they were foreigners and then both Sam and Rachel voted for him. I'm not going to point a finger yet but that's pretty blatantly suspicious.

Soren Ninja'd me.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 22, 2015, 01:00:59 AM
. . . . . . . Would it be bad for me to just go with Skye's vote? Because she has better-sounding points to me than everyone else does, and I honestly have no idea.

??

Skyblade

Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 22, 2015, 01:23:56 AM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 22, 2015, 01:00:59 AM

??

I was hoping somebody else would reply to this, because you were commenting on my own post and I wanted unbiased feedback ;) If you really think Sage is Mafia, go for it. Just don't follow anybody blindly :)

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on October 22, 2015, 01:13:48 AM
I'm voting Rachel, because she started attacking me after I suggested that her and Sam might be together, because in the story they're both foreign. Then Sam votes for me without much explanation, except maybe to go along with his partner.

Woah, really good observation. I didn't catch that ::)

The reason why Rachel is unnerving me more, though, is that this is her first game here yet she comes off as a good Mafia player already. She's also a lot more into this game than I thought, one of the most active people here. Where does confidence come from? Experience, for one. But also, (Learned this from the Mafia forum) if someone is Mafia, they already KNOW who is on which side. So it's easier to fake confidence.

Hickory

I'm not Mafia! Maybe it's Sky, che's blaming a lot of people.... (lol, not really. Although it would[/b] be a twist if she were Mafia...)

Søren

I can certainly see how why Sky thinks Sage is Mafia. My vote for Rachel will stand, but between him and Sam, I'm not certain yet who's the partner.

I'm retired from the forum