Who is the best wielder of Martin's sword?

Started by Muse, September 22, 2011, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the best wielder of Martin's sword?

Martin
Martin II
Luke
Badrang
Deadbrush
Matthias
Mattimeo
Samkin
Mokkan
Rakkety Tam
Bragoon
Sister Armel
Triss
Dandin
Dannflor
King Bull Sparra
Asmodeus
Arven
Vizka Longtooth
Magger
Deyna

Free Thought

My pick would be Martin the Warrior, Martin the Elder Warrior that is! ahahaha but, since he's not on the poll, I choose Martin the Warrior.  :P

Redwallfan7

My top picks would be Martin the Warrior and Bragoon.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Romsca

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

Chose Martin for the first because, come on, it's his sword. I would have chosen Luke for first but we never see him use it in the entire series so I felt that he was not actually allowed to be on this poll. After Martin it was a popularity contest for me, I chose Dandin and Bragoon
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Delthion

Martin's sword was forged after Luke died so he couldn't have wielded it.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Albrithr

Delthion:  Not quite.  The blade was re-forged in Salamandastron after it had been broken by Tsarmina.  The hilt and crossguard were original, however.  Much like Narsil/Anduril in the Lord of the Rings- it was the same ancestral, sword, but with a new blade.

Izeroth

Vizka Longtooth! He used it for a good purpose!

But in all seriousness, Martin really the best owner of it. Martin owned it originally and Martin helped reforge it, so really noone will ever have the same connection that Martin had to it.

Delthion

Quote from: Albrithr on October 04, 2014, 11:27:43 PM
Delthion:  Not quite.  The blade was re-forged in Salamandastron after it had been broken by Tsarmina.  The hilt and crossguard were original, however.  Much like Narsil/Anduril in the Lord of the Rings- it was the same ancestral, sword, but with a new blade.

Yes, but when you think of a sword you think more of the blade, which was completely new, in this respect, Luke never wielded it.

The Skarzs

Speaking as a bladesmith, there are very few different blades that could have been made to match the original handle. In order for the sword to be usable, the metal used would have to be around the same length and weight so as to be balanced with the handle, thus giving little options as to the shape. In the end, it would be little different from the original product.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Martin 1, Rakkety Tam, and then Sister Armel. In that order. ;D

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Wylder Treejumper

Martin, Tam, and Deyna acourse!

The worst sword bearer was, in my opinion, Dandin... After all, he never did anything with it! Mariel stole the spotlight from Redwall's champion with a piece of rope. Disgraceful.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!