Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens *SPOILER ALERT*

Started by Wylder Treejumper, December 24, 2015, 06:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your opinion of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens?

It was far better than I had imagined
11 (55%)
It was mostly the movie I had expected and wanted
7 (35%)
Meh...
1 (5%)
I'd rather be stuck in a car with Jar-Jar for 2 hours
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Jetthebinturong

I really want Chewie to be the one to kill Kylo Ren. I would say Leia, but I don't think she could bring herself to kill her own son.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Wylder Treejumper

Who says Kylo Ren dies? Perhaps he's one of those few who come back from the Dark Side. Though with a face like that, I'm kinda hoping he dies...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jetthebinturong

I'm sorry but he killed Han. If Chewie doesn't kill him, I will feel cheated.

Wylder Treejumper

Eh, I don't care, as long as he dies a sufficiently pathetic death. Really, a villain throwing temper tantrums like that? Severely cuts the shock and awe factor. I know Darth Vader is a lot to live up to, but surely they could have come up with something better.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Gonff the Mousethief

Kylo seemed just, messed up. He was so angry, that he could not control it at all, making him careless and full of mistakes. His anger in turn made him an incredible strong force user. And oh, Chewie better kill him, or else...
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Wylder Treejumper

Incredibly strong force user? How'd he get overpowered by an untrained 19 year-old girl, then? Even non force-sensitive Finn was able to put up a fight- albeit not much of one.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Rusvul

I like that they have a childish, unattractive villain. Star Wars has had lots of brilliant masterminds (Palpatine, especially) and handsome actors/actresses. Breaking the mold isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Maudie

I don't like Kilo Ren. Especially how he's a Darth Vader wannabe. "Oh, I'm gonna wear a mask because Darth Vader wore a mask." "Oh, I'm so scared I'm never gonna be like Darth Vader." "Oh, I'm just going to ignore that Darth Vader defected to the light side before he died."
Also, He has the face of a spoiled child.

On the other hand, I do like Rey and Fin, although the whole "Stormtrooper has feelings" thing is kind of cheesy. But they were good, if rather forgettable characters.

It was different, but good different. It was in keeping with the spirit of the originals, but easier to get into because the world (or galaxy) is firmly established. You are already acquainted with the world, so the story and characters are more of a main focus than the weirdness of the setting.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jetthebinturong

Stormtroopers are normal people. If they didn't have feelings, I'd be disturbed.

Rusvul

Well, normal people with extensive programming and conditioning, no? My understanding is that they've been brainwashed and his conditioning was wearing off.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wylder Treejumper

-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

LT Sandpaw

I was kinda disappointed to how they almost copied episode four, and they brought back the whole. "A giant super weapon that can destroy planets!" thing. But I think that might have just been a nod to the first movie, and from now on their going to be original. I hope.

Ooh I also saw this video that said Ray may in-fact be Luke's clone (Who somehow came out a girl) But it would explain why Luke's lightsaber called for her, and how Whatsherface had seen Ray's eyes before. She could see Luke's eyes in Ray, which would be a pretty neat twist if you ask me.

Thoughts?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Wylder Treejumper

Clone? I doubt it. I mean, she had a childhood and all that. Besides, it would be genetically impossible to have a clone of the opposite gender. Now, my theory is that she is Luke's daughter. The Force is strong in his family. And, after all, the lightsaber was Luke's, and his father's before him... it would make sense for it thus to pass to his daughter.

Also, it's fairly common for someone to say, "She has her father's eyes," for example.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Groddil

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on December 25, 2015, 12:15:14 PM
Stormtroopers are normal people. If they didn't have feelings, I'd be disturbed.

At least as of this movie, anyway. The Rebels probably destroyed the cloning facility on Kamino, which would mean they'd have to start recruiting normal people.

^Poll

What's so bad about Jar-Jar?

I am going to get so much hate for this.