News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Eragon series

Started by Song Swifteye, September 26, 2011, 11:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Nightfire on October 05, 2011, 10:48:29 PM
And on a serious note:  Please, can you guys not start fighting? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but no insults.

Nightfire, I don't see discussion on opinions regarding Paolini and his works as a fight. But still, please refrain from any mini-modding on this forum.
As for insults, I see known from myself in the least.

I think Paolini drafted Eragon around the age of 15 or 16. The earliest thing I remember of hearing of him was about his age when he wrote the book.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Redwall Musician

Well, I've never read the books, but I did do some research about the author. Apparently he was 14 when he drafted Eragon. He re-wrote it when he was 15. And then he and his parents self published it.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

http://www.alagaesia.com/christopherpaolini.htm
Christopher was fifteen when he wrote the first draft of Eragon. He took a second year to revise the book and then gave it to his parents to read. The family decided to self-publish the book and spent a third year preparing the manuscript for publication
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Redwall Musician

Oops, misreading on my part. Sorry..
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Lily

I confess, I'm not much of a fan of this series either. I couldn't finish Eragon, and I always finish books. Well, with the exception of Twilight, but let's not go there. I came across some essays about the books that you guys might be interested in reading. I'm a bit hesitant to link to them here as they contain some strong language, but they're by a person who goes by the name of SwankiVY if you're interested in looking them up. Oh, and... you probably shouldn't read them if you're a fan, either. Sorry.

White One6193

Quote from: Nightfire on October 05, 2011, 10:48:29 PM
Wait just as second WhiteOne...You know Christopher Paolini PERSONALLY? REALLY? Awesome! I've always wanted to meet the guy! How do you know him?

Well, there is actually quite a story behind that! ;D We both live in Montana, ye know. Chris lives in Paradise Valley, while I live southeast of him in Hardin, right across the Beartooth mountains. (Take a look at the map of my home state and compare it to the maps in the books... you'll see a certain similarity. ;)) Anyway, when Paolini was releasing his book the first time, he was staying at a hotel in Bozeman. Now, this particular hotel was hosting a reading conference, at which teachers (and some students) were buying advance copies of books that were to come out that fall.(This was only part of the conference, as it also incorporated curricula that the teachers could buy as well) Both of my parents are teachers, so they went and took me along. I was ten or eleven at the time. At any rate, I was also staying at the hotel. After the book sales were done for the day, I went down to the the pool for a swim. Chris was also coming down. In fact, his room was right across from our suite. We made it to the pool at almost exactly the same time. anyway, we talked for a while, and then I realized who he was after I'd gone back up to the room. The next morning, when I went down to get breakfast, he was there. We talked again for a long while, and then we exchanged e-mail addresses. (Remember, this was that long bygone age before facebook) And THAT is how I got to know Christopher Paolini!
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Dannflor

what redwall movie the old 1999 ones
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Melody

I didn't like the Eragon books I read the first one but I didn't get through the second one, because I realized that some things he was saying was shocking!
But I liked the movie. ;D
Isn't that weird.

Bragoon

I don't like it very much.  ^^'

I've read the first three, but I've lost enough interest in the series that it's not worth it to me to finish it.

When I read the first one six years ago, I liked it, but I don't like the way he took the characters and the story.  It started to feel a little messy in Eldest, and it was hard to get through all the details and rituals in Brisingr. 

I could go a little more in-depth, but I think that accurately portrays my feelings and opinion of the series. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

White One6193

I must say, the ending of Inheritance was quite disappointing. not gonna spoil it for anybody. Also, I owe Daniel of Redwall an apology. My remark was intended to stave off any insults forthcoming from that point. YOU were simply stating a (justifiable) opinion. My hope is that Chris will continue the adventures of everybody's favorite Rider.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!