News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Skill Toys!

Started by Redwall Musician, September 30, 2011, 12:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you play with a skill toy? If so, which one?

Yo-yo
9 (45%)
Hula Hoop
7 (35%)
Diabolo
2 (10%)
Spin Top
4 (20%)
Juggling
5 (25%)
Other
9 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Redwall Musician

So I was wondering if any of y'all played skill toys. If you don't know what that is, Google it. Toys like yo-yos and spin tops are skill toys. You have up to six options on the poll, because I heard of people who play almost every skill toy.
In my family I have a yo-yoer and a hula hooper. I attempt the diabolo but I'm not too good at it. I can kinda do hula hoops too. Unfortunately I know way to much about skill toys then I care to know.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

frameltons

...I played with all except maybe diabolos....how about that ball and cup toy?...does that count?...

Log-a-Log

I am trying to learn to juggle, I guess that counts
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Nightfire

I play with a Yo-Yo every now and then, but I'm afraid I'm not very skilfull with it! :D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Folgrimeo

I don't. Tried yo-yo but couldn't get it to come back up. Tried hula hoop and it always falls instantly (Wii Fit's telling me I can hula-hoop, but I can't do it in real life at all). Can't juggle, not even two balls. Just about the only coordination I have is with playing badminton or volleyball.

rakkety tam

i'm awsome at yoyo see

l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
O

;D
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Lily

I sometimes play kendama with my students. I guess it's like a Japanese version of the ball and cup. Some people are pretty serious about it, you can even take competency exams. I am nowhere near that level, though. The kids try to teach me tricks and I fail miserably, that's my competency level. ;)

DanielofRedwall

I've done that at school before! I can't even get to the first level... I'm no good at yo-yos and the like, either.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lutra

I can do a yo-yo but that's about it...nothing fancy.  Hand-to-eye coordination isn't my thing so things like juggling are generally out of the question.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Mad Maudie

i yoyo my sister taught me she is really good she can do pro tricks and buys 100 dollar yoyo's i know how to do brain twister boingyboingy trapeze rock the baby double or nothing but i am still working on it 
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Coobreedan

I'm good at yo-yos, but really good with spinning tops. I have LEGO Ninjago ones and battle my friends.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Taggerung The Otter

gan we talk 'bout board games
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Tiria Wildlough

I'm pretty good at yoyo, and I can keep a hula hoop going around me for as long as I want it to. I never heard of a diabolo. What is it?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

This is a diabolo:

And here is what it looks like when a clown plays it:

Mine is a red Phionix (spelling?). It's put out by the Duncan Yo-Yo Company.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."