News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

War in 1700 Cont.

Started by Wylder Treejumper, January 28, 2016, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

*Dimitri the Merciless motions to his soldiers. They withdraw, leaving the two commanders.*

"Not at all. By the Tsar's orders, Prussia is to be returned to the Kingdom of Brandenburg, as is all the land between them. Go back to your king, bring more soldiers and establish a border. Also, the Tsar sends his thanks for killing any soldiers you encountered on your invasion, they were rebels and enemies of Russia. The Tsar has spoken to his Chancellor, no attempts will be made to invade Brandenburg or try to take back these lands. Thank you for your co-operation"

*Dimitri and his troops withdraw. The general returns to St. Petersburg to organize the conscripts in Finland, while the soldiers set up a camp and wait for a border to be established.*

LT Sandpaw

*During a fierce and bloody battle the original Dutch invasion force breaks the German line. Three princes are captured along with nearly 6,000 of their soldiers. The soldiers are rearmed and made to fight for the Portuguese Empire. Most of the soldiers had been mercenaries and go over without much complaint. The three princes are ransomed back to their families. Four days later the mismatch Dutch/German army arrives outside Hamburg. The city falls to them without a fight.

Further south the Portuguese forces lay siege to Hanover. However the city possess a moderately sized garrison and resists their efforts to take it. Commander Loyla opens negotiations with the final German Prince.*

*The Mediterranean fleet arrives in Lisbon carrying 12,000 African mercenaries. The troops disembark and march Northeast to upper Portugal. Meanwhile Regulars posted all along the coastline begin marching north. King Sandpaw himself travels with them. Supply caravans travel all across Portugal as soldiers build roads, and forts along key rivers and towns.*

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lady Ashenwyte

A force of 100,000 infantry and 15,000 artillery march from Spain to Paris, while 15,000 cavalry ride from Italy to Paris.

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Izeroth

Brandenburg border agreement
The terms of the agreement are as follows:

•All land north of Berlin and west of Prussia shall be ceded to Brandenburg.

•All Russian fortifications on the border will be vacated as soon as possible, and shall never be re-fortified by any Russian military forces.

•Any Russian citizens currently living within the borders of Brandenburg shall be allowed to leave peacefully and return to their native country. If individuals or communities refuse to leave, local authorities reserve the right to forcibly evict them.
[close]

Groddil

OOC: I believe you mean "west of Prussia" You're not getting everything east of Prussia, or I'm handing over ALL OF RUSSIA.

Izeroth

Quote from: Groddil on February 02, 2016, 01:01:54 AM
OOC: I believe you mean "west of Prussia" You're not getting everything east of Prussia, or I'm handing over ALL OF RUSSIA.

OOC: I've edited it.

Groddil

Brandenburg border agreement
The terms of the agreement are as follows:

•All land north of Berlin and west of Prussia shall be ceded to Brandenburg. Agreed. In fact, we shall grant you all lands in Lithuania-Poland on the western side of the Vistula river, in addition to Prussia.

•All Russian fortifications on the border will be vacated as soon as possible, and shall never be re-fortified by any Russian military forces. A Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) will be established. The Vistula river shall serve as the DMZ; no troops from either side are to enter the DMZ. A second DMZ will be established on the borders between Prussia and Russia. This DMZ will be 1 mile wide and will be established from the sea to were Prussia meets the Vistula river.

•Any Russian citizens currently living within the borders of Brandenburg shall be allowed to leave peacefully and return to their native country. If individuals or communities refuse to leave, local authorities reserve the right to forcibly evict them. Agreed, and the same to Brandenburg citizens within Russia.
[close]

Delthion

OOC: Has Germany been taken?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

OOC: Germany as we know it today didn't quite exist yet. The closest thing would be the Holy Roman Empire (wiki).
« Subject to editing »

Søren

To Tsar Groddil
Tsar Groddil,
I and my people thank you for the support and kindness that you have shown to us in both Kiev and myslef as chancellor. Your plans are cunning and genius. We will assist in any and all ways we can.
[close]

I'm retired from the forum

Lady Ashenwyte

The armies of Spain arrive at Paris, where the host marches to Dunkirk.

Declaration of War
The English, in their endless hubris, have chosen to declare war on this blessed nation, due to some old claims gone invalid hundreds of years ago. The English have chosen to reject the teachings of God and the Church years ago, and the hour of their judgement has come! I call upon all those who have accepted the Lord, to show the heretic Englishmen their place in this world! Spain goes to war!
[close]

Groddil
If your men march with my armies in England, I will give you Wales and Northern Ireland. This war will be incredibly profitable for the winning side, and I intend to be the winning side. 
[close]
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Hickory

To King Wylder (or whatever your title is)
This letter shal be delivered unto the King of England and read only by his eyes.
Highly confidential
Greetings,

In my plans of expanding trade alliances and enforcing bonds I have come across you on my list. I'm sure that one of the continents greatest superpowers should be able to repel attackers, but I would like to offer my services as an ally. Provided, of course, you're fine with my alliance with Russia.

Warm regards,

The Sultan
[close]
[close]
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

Tsar Groddil
Greetings, mighty Tsar. I have heard of your conquests of Europe, and I am impressed by your mighty deeds. I ask you for a military and trade alliance, to further develop the might of our nations. - Emperor Ashenwyte of Spain.
[close]

Lord Daskar

Groddil
Greatest of all Tsars,
I have heard rumors of large amounts of Russian troops marching towards Sweden, I am confused as to what they are doing. Will you tell me?

Lord Daskar, General of all Swedish Troops.
[close]

Sultan Sagetip
Very well Sultan, have it your way. Sweden will not cease to fight you until the end.

[close]

Declaration of War
The Ottomans have been foolish enough to declare war on the noble country of Sweden. Therefore Sweden has decided to wipe these Turks out. The Swedes call for a holy crusade against these vile creatures.

[close]
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

LT Sandpaw

*Hanover surrenders and the Portuguese army enters to city ending riots and raising the Portuguese flag above the citadel. In the Netherlands celebrations begin as word arrives of the victory. The Netherlands have virtually doubled their size taking much of the Northern German States. Commander Loyla leaves a Dutch count in command of the newly captured lands before marching back to Amsterdam with a large portion of the invasion army.*

Declaration of War

The foolish Swedish king has so rashly declared war on the Ottoman Empire, a staunch ally to the Portuguese Empire. This shall not be tolerated, Portugal is at war with Sweden!
[close]

*Half of the 4th Portuguese fleet sails into the North sea capturing any Swedish ship that dares sail though the Norwegian straight. The remaining half stay in Amsterdam closely watching the Russian ships.*

*Portugal enforces conscription and all eligible men are recruited for the army in The Netherlands, Portugal, and the recently captured German States. Gun smiths are hired and trained to craft hundreds of thousands of weapons. Cotton and wool from India is now in high demand and the Spice ships set off to collect it. Metal industries, horse breeders, shoe makers, and sword smiths begin working feverishly churning out high numbers of required materials. In cities high taxes are enforced and young noblemen rush to Lisbon hoping to be chosen as military commanders.*

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro