Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

War in 1700 Cont.

Started by Wylder Treejumper, January 28, 2016, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Daskar

Tsar Groddil
Tsar,
What do I need 7,000,000 Russian troops in the north for? They would be of better use in the Ottoman Empire. Do I sense treachery?

Lord Daskar.
[close]

Wylder and Ash
Greetings Kings,
I fear Russia has betrayed me, I call for aid. They send 7,000,000 soldiers to Northern Sweden for no apparent reason. When asked the Tsar says they are to help me, but the threat is to the south. Send aid at once if you agree to an alliance.

Lord Daskar.
[close]
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Hickory

The Tsar
Highly Confidential
Thank you for your help, Tsar. We've just sighted the island now. By the time your next letter reaches me I will begin my attack. Sweden doesn't stand a chance.

Regards,

Rear Admiral Tipsage
[close]
[close]
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Lord Daskar
Dear Lord Daskar,
I wish we could trust each other properly. I only recently learned of these plans, and it took me some effort to learn them. The conscripts are currently in a position to defend Lulea, but I will send most of them south to where you need them.
Tsar Vladimir Groddil I, Ruler of Russia
[close]

*Led by Dimitri the Merciless, 5 million of the conscripts march south towards Gavle, north of Stockholm. The remaining 2 million are left at Lulea to defend in case of attack.*

Sagetip
Rear Admiral Tipsage,
Good to hear. The conscripts will attack as soon as they reach the capital. My navy will continue to Stockholm to meet up with Dimitri the Merciless.
[close]

Lord Daskar

Groddil
Tsar,
I also wish we could trust one another fully, but I never trust anyone totally. Not even the Queen.I think the troops would be best on Gotland, and south of Lake Vanern. My troops will hold the center and help in the south.

Lord Daskar.
[close]
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Hickory

The Tsar
Highly Confidential
I am writing this letter in a hurry at the moment. Wing A Has already departed and Wing B is waiting for me as we speak. Be warned that as soon as we near the peninsula that the truth will be revealed. There is something I should warn you about, however. The navy ships within each group, once dropping off their troops, will spread out along the shore, broadsiding the Swedes. They will provide artillery support for my troops. Your soldiers attacking Stockholm have a chance of being fire upon. A minute before firing my ships will raise a red flag, this will be the signal for you to retreat so your men will not be harmed.

Good luck,

Rear Admiral Tipsage
[close]
[close]

Groddil

Lord Daskar
Dear Lord Daskar,
The conscripts have reached Stockholm. I would move them further south, except for one thing. I had a debt to be erased. I am truly sorry, Lord Daskar. Our alliance is over.
Tsar Vladimir Groddil I, Ruler of Russia.
[close]

Declaration of War
In the name of Russia,
The Russian Empire and her Polish allies under the command of Chancellor Soren now hereby declare war upon Sweden. With the aid of the Ottoman Empire and the Portugese-Netherlands Empire, Sweden shall fall to the might of Russia..
[close]

*The 2 million conscripts stationed in North Sweden turn on their Swedish allies. Amongst the bloodshed, they are easily able to take control of the border.*

*Dimitri the Merciless leads his 5 million conscripts to the city gates. Most of the conscripts provide covering fire for a small force that has rigged up a battering ram.*

*The Russian Navy splits in two. One force, made up of 100 fast sloops, takes off for Stockholm straight away. The remainder of the ships wait for Wing C of the Ottoman Navy.*

Sagetip
Rear Admiral Tipsage,
My soldiers are in no danger from Wing A or B. The conscripts can handle North Sweden. so you don't need to worry about them. I have a plan in place for Wing C. First, the 100 sloops that have already left are packed to the bows with gunpowder. They are all manned by a skeleton crew, who will set the sloops to ram the Swedish Navy and explode, then jump ship and be picked up by the rest of my navy. My ships will provide a short but heavy bombardment of the port to force the Swedes into hiding. Once the bombardment ends, unload Wing C on to the shore. They should make their way to the gates to link up with Dimitri's forces and storm the castle. Meanwhile, our fleet will take out any remaining naval opposition. Do you agree to this plan?
[close]

LT Sandpaw

*The 4th Portuguese fleet acting on information given by their Russia allies launch a offensive against the Swedish-Norwegian port. A massive bombardment on the half finished Swedish ship begins. The heavy twenty-pounder guns blasting both ball and grape shot towards the port.
Further south a few miles away from the port town, Portuguese Mariners row to shore and begin disembarking. Forming up and then marching towards the town ready to take it from the Swedish.*

*In the bottom half of Sweden in the lands bordering Prussia and the recently expanded Netherlands Commander Loyla begins his half of the invasion. 56,000 German, Portuguese, and Dutch soldiers break into five smaller armies of 11,000 men. (Give or take a few.) They launch a massive assault across the border killing or capturing any Swedish patrols.*

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

*Ottoman forces land at the bottom of Sweden and begin their attack. Wing B lands as well and takes two cities. The navy ships of Wings A and B begin their bombardment of the shoreline.

Groddil

*At the gates of Stockholm, Dimtri's conscripts have taken losses, but a combination of the battering ram and fire manages to break open the gates and allow the Russians access to the city. Conscripts swarm through the gate by the thousands, quickly slaughtering the defenders at the gate and setting up defensive positions. 1 million conscripts stay at the gate to protect it, from the inside and outside, while the other 4 million move into the city proper.*

*The 100 fast sloops dash across the waves, rounding eastern Sweden and getting closer to Stockholm.*

OOC: Sagetip, Send Wing C up with the Russian fleet.

Hickory

Spamlolllolololololololol. (Post needed to be edited and I'm lazy.

Groddil

OOC: Err...I hadn't done what I was going to do yet...Could you edit that post please?

Hickory

OOC: What do I need to edit?

Groddil

OOC: Don't have Wing C reach Stockholm straight away. I wrote a plan earlier about the first wave of ships. I'll use them first.

Hickory

Nothing here.

Izeroth

King Areiapata of Portugal
Failure to respect the confidentiality of this transcript constitutes a crime against the Kingdom of Brandenburg. Read at your own risk.

Confidential
Your recent conquests have distressed me. It is not well to have a foreign force such as yours occupying land so close to the kingdom's borders, especially in tumultuous times such as these. Therefore I present to you a demand: remove your forces from within a kilometer of my borders and forestall all construction of fortifications on the aforementioned territory.
[close]
[close]

*Brandenburg annexes Saxony* (with the consent of the Habsburg Monarchy)

*Workers begin building defensive structures on Brandenburg's northern and western borders*