News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

War in 1700 Cont.

Started by Wylder Treejumper, January 28, 2016, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

Declaration of War
Portugal has committed grave offences against the Swedish, whom I had sworn to protect. Your treachery will not go unpunished! 
[close]

Izeroth
You have angered the beasts, good King. Join the alliance, or you will be destroyed along with the rest of Europe.
[close]
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

*The 5,000 Russian soldiers and 6 1st rate ships-of-the-line arrive in Portugal. They reinforce the borders against Spanish invasion.*

*The Russian fleet splits into three. One detachment makes landfall in the Netherlands. The Russian soldiers march to the border while the ships anchor off the coast of Brandenburg-Prussia. The other two detachments continue to sail west.*

Lady Ashenwyte

*300,000 infantry along with 10,000 artillery and 5,000 cavalry march to Portugal*

*30 ships of the line attack Portuguese trade routes, plundering the ships and killing the crew*

*All Russian citizens suspected to be spies are thrown in prison, while every single Portuguese man in Spain is drafted for the war effort. The new regiment of 30,000 Portuguese is sent to the front lines of the Portuguese War*

*50 highly skilled assassins are dispatched to kill the Tsarina*
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Groddil

*A note is delivered to the Emperor of Spain along with the head of a Spanish spy caught in the Netherlands.*
Ashenwyte
Ashenwyte,
Sending assassins to kill my wife and son will get you nowhere. You have a son too, do you not? Threaten my family, and I will threaten yours.
[close]

*1000 cossacks from the Russian fleet turn their boat around and land in Lithuania. They march south to Kiev, joining up with the Tsarina's honor guard. The Tsarina and the Prince are bundled into Chancellor Soren's palace, where they are placed in a secure wing. The 1000 elite cossacks are stationed through the wing of the palace to protect them.*

*The second Russian naval detachment lands in Dunkirk. They reinforce the English lines and give a new wave of hope to the English defenders. The third detachment continues sailing for Portugal.*

Lady Ashenwyte

Tsar Groddil
  Oh, Tsar, how you amuse me. Your wife and child, and my son as well, are but pawns in this great game we play. How I feared this day, where we all die in the face of our egos. Mark my words, good Tsar, 
[close]

*The Emperor's sharpshooters withdraw in the face of Russian attacks, but not before killing hundreds of men.*

*The Cavalry is fenced in by the Russian and English soldiers. They fight valiantly, and kill many. The Royal Cavalry charge the weakened English line to save the day, and break the line again. Spanish and Swiss soldiers pour through the gap like a raging river, while the artillery bombard the Russian positions*

Groddil

*The Russian troops manage to close the gap, suffering severe losses, and are pinned down by the artillery. King Liddorg Shwitz orders the artillery to cease fire as a Swiss charge is organized. The 50,000 Swiss mercenaries charge the Russian/English defenses, horribly underestimating the Russian numbers. Before they can retreat, the Swiss are surrounded by millions of Russian soldiers. The Swiss charge is decimated, King Liddorg being captured by the Tsar. Dimitri organizes a counter-charge, the superior numbers of the Russians managing to overwhelm the Spanish defenders. They secure the cannons while the King of Switzerland is led off behind Russian lines.*

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Groddil, how many men do the Russians have at Dunkirk?

Hickory

*Two fleets set sail into the Mediterranean Ocean, sailing from the Ottoman Empire. These two fleets are bound for the east coast of the Spanish empire, starting a slow military takeover.

To King Sandpaw
Highly Confidential
Greetings,

King, I believe that the time is coming. Soon, Russia will have the rest of Europe in a virtual stranglehold. Unfortunately, I see no peaceful way out of this. As a trade hub of the Mediterranean, I find it unacceptable to have Spanish-controlled lands in international waters. I will do my best to take as much land from the Spanish as possible so I can stop the Russian takeover.

Warm regards,

The Sultan
[close]
[close]
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

*A fast messenger ship arrives in Portugal giving word of victory in Sweden. Celebrations in Lisbon and all over Portugal begin. However days later a second messenger ship arrives giving word to the cowardly Prussian attack. Furious King Aeriapata orders soldiers in the Netherlands to respond to this attack. As troops march towards Oporto to be shipped to The Netherlands they are suddenly turned around and rushed to the Spanish Portugal border.*

A Cry of Outrage! To All!

Cowardice, that is what these attacks are. Pure cowardice! Portugal took only a minor part in the invasion of Sweden capturing two cities and never did we indulge in any attack against Brandenburg Prussia. This is an attempt by a larger nations to bully a smaller. Cowardice I say. Portugal shall not stand for this lack of diplomacy or tact by the Spanish King, nor the unprecedented attacks in The Netherlands. This is a war of honor, and one Portugal shall gladly accept.

TO BATTLE Para Portugal!
[close]

The First battle line to meet the Spanish cry out in outrage to see their fellow countrymen flying the Spanish flag. General Alfanso orders that the traitors be shot to nothing when the Spanish Portuguese line erupts into furious combat. Seeing the Spanish line is in shambles Alfanso orders that his forces charge into the breach. The Portuguese drafted soldiers eventually go down screaming "Para Portugal!" Alfanso manages to save some of the men, however many fall to the Spanish guns. His main force breaks the Spanish line forcing them into a retreat. A first small victory against Spain is won.

*On the Northern border of Portugal a second detachment of African mercenaries push past the Spanish border guard and plunge into Spain preforming a wide swoop south.*

*Smaller detachments of the Portuguese army form units of about 20,000 men protecting key points in Portugal.*

*The Portuguese Mediterranean fleet seeing no reason not too begins attacks on Spanish harbors bombing half finished ships, trade, and just plain people in retaliation. They also form a blockade keeping any ships from leaving the Mediterranean from the western rout.*

*The Volunteer Indian army in the East Indies is marshalled to forestall any invasion into the vital lands, while the East Indies fleet prepares to defend the islands and land belonging to the Portuguese.*

*In high level politics military police arrest Spanish officials, ambassadors keeping them for ransoming.*

Meanwhile in The Netherlands.

*The Forts under assault by Prussian fire are left empty and the few soldiers within are evacuated. Three days later a messenger arrives at the border and attempts to leave his letter with the Prussian troops before returning to The Netherlands.*

To The Ruler of Prussia, respectively. But Public to all.

Great King my name may not be familiar to you, however I am Commander Loyla of the Portuguese army. I have been instructed by the king of my nation to discover the reasons behind this sudden declaration of war. Should the Empire of Portugal have wronged your nation in any way please confirm this to us. We will attempt to right it in any way possible.
Should the attack be just an attack to take the newly captured German, and Swedish lands then please consider calling off these attacks. Portugal has no time or patience to deal with Prussia, and we have a powerful Russian ally who would be more then happy to send two million Russian soldiers to invade your country. And we both don't want that. So please choose your answer wisely.

Warm Regards
~Commander Loyla of Portugal.
[close]

*The 4th Portuguese Fleet sails down to the Spanish Netherlands. Finding the territory woefully under prepared Portuguese Mariners make easy work of the few Spanish defenses. Soon all harbor cities and towns are under Portuguese control. They however have to wait for reinforcements before they can push east.*

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lord Daskar

OOC: Lord Daskar wasn't in Stockholm. Do you think I'm dumb enough to stay there while 5,000,000 suspected enemies march right past? I'm in hiding.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Yeah that makes sense Vilu. Hey guys we shouldn't be able to kill or PP the actual players and kings. Remember when they are captured (if they are captured) death is very unlikely. They typically are ransomed or placed under arrest for war crimes.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lord Daskar

OOC: If you really want to kill someone kill the Queen. That way I can make Russia sound even worse when I start the revolution.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Groddil

OOC:

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on February 04, 2016, 11:30:57 AM
OOC: Groddil, how many men do the Russians have at Dunkirk?

Approximately:
3 million regular soldiers at Dunkirk.
3005000 regular soldiers in Portugal.
1 million regular soldiers in Prussia.
1000 cossacks in Kiev.
Rest of the cossacks are spread around a bit.

BIC:
Sandpaw
King Sandpaw,
As you are aware, my troops are landing in Portugal, the Netherlands, and France to assist the war on two fronts you are fighting. This is a favor to you from me, Russia seeks no reward from this fight. No gold, no land, take it all. Hopefully, we do not have to fight any more wars after this one.
Tsar Vladimir Groddil I, Ruler of Russia.
[close]

*The third Russian detachment lands at Portugal. 3 million soldiers plus Cossacks quickly rush to help defend the borders with Spain. One large force manages to completely decimate the Spanish defenders near Vigo, rushing into Spain and attacking the city. The sheer numbers and powerful cannons of the Russian battalion quickly take over the city.*

*Meanwhile, the Russians in Northern France turn the Spanish cannons around and fire upon the Spanish ranks. The Swiss throw down their weapons after the loss of their king, not wishing to be slaughtered.*

Delthion

-Count Radbot is rather overwhelmed by all these new developments, and decides to invade Savoy. Crushing what little resistance there was.

OOC: +20,000 professional, +20,000 militia.

100,000 Professional, 145,000 militia, 10 Galleons, 30 Caravels.

The Habsburg Monarchy has a peace-treaty with Spain right?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

OOC: Del, you kind of have no way to get to Savoy. Switzerland sure isn't going to let their mortal enemy march through it.