News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

War in 1700 Cont.

Started by Wylder Treejumper, January 28, 2016, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

OOC: I am not mortal enemies with anyone, I have the Italian part of Venice, and marched through Spain, with whom we have a peace treaty! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Hickory

*Ottoman ships land on Sicily and unload 40,000 men, who take over the island with losses amounting to 10,000. The island is made the base of operations in the region.

*In Sweden, the 90,000 Ottomans inhabiting Gothland leave 40,000 of their number there and leave for the shores of Lithuania-Poland. Work begins on building a citadel on the island.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

OOC: Switzerland and Habsburg were already mortal enemies due to revolts, revolutions, and rulers. Its canon.

Delthion

OOC: Good thing I didn't march through it then! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lord Daskar

Lord Daskar goes through Norway stirring up the people. Telling them of Russia evil deeds and how they will be next.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Groddil

*The King of Norway receives a letter from the Tsar. The letter is long and detailed, giving information on Daskar's plan to attack Norway and the rest of Europe, how he took over a Norwegian port, and also instructions on how capturing Daskar and delivering him to Russia will lead to Norway being given a portion of Swedish land.*

Izeroth

Sandpaw
Failure to respect the confidentiality of this letter constitutes a crime against the Kingdom of Brandenburg. Read at your own risk.

confidential
My Lord,

As you undoubtably know, Dutch troops have occupied the land adjacent to Brandenburg's western border for several months. I had earlier sent a message to your king demanding their removal, but the letter was seemingly ignored. Faced with this lack of cooperation, I had no choice but to forcibly remove the troops-- otherwise there was the risk of permanent fortifications being built, and of key travel routes to the west being blocked. I believe my actions to have been justified, and I will not apologize for them; nevertheless, I understand that there was confusion regarding the incident, and I am willing to negotiate with you and your king. These are the terms for a ceasefire:

•In order to reduce the likelihood of future border disputes, Portugal will cede the far western portion of its newly-acquired German territory to Brandenburg. My kingdom shall give you all of the Brandenburg-owned land adjacent to the Netherlands as compensation.

•The Kingdom of Portugal shall inform Brandenburg of its western expansion plans before their execution, so as to prevent confusion regarding Dutch troop movements and motives.

•If Portugal does not militarize its borders, Brandenburg shall act likewise.

•All piracy, including the use of hired privateers, shall be officially banned by both kingdoms.

•Neither kingdom shall interfere with the other's interests in Africa and the New World.
[close]
[close]

Lady Ashenwyte

*The African detachment in Spain is attacked by a force of 50,000 Royal Guard at the banks of the Douro. None of the Africans survive, but 2,500 Royal Guard are killed in the battle. The Royal Guard march to Oporto, led by Sanguinius, Angel of Madrid. The Portuguese resistance is crushed as the Royal guard hack and slash their way to Oporto*

*In retaliation for the defeat, Commander Alfanso's family are targeted by Spanish assassins. The Spanish General retreats and marches for Oporto. All the towns on their way are pillaged and all the people inside are killed*

A letter to the Portuguese
This is what happens to traitors who have rejected the word of God! Your fields will burn, your people will die, and your kings will watch your suffering with contempt. No town will be left alone, no castle not razed, no field not burned, lest you surrender. This I swear, by my honour and the blood of Spain.   
[close]

Sandpaw
Surrender, Areiapata. We all know how this war will end, and I do not wish to spill the blood of a potential ally. Surrender, and Portugal shall be spared.
[close]

*The entire Italian fleet sails out with 30 Spanish ships of the line. They engage the Russian fleet carrying the soldiers destined for Portugal in hit and run attacks, destroying half of one of the fleets*

*The Mounted Royal Guard press on into the Anglo-Russian coaliton's ranks, killing 50,000 men. The Spanish cavalry led by Magnus the Red is slowly depleted, but they kill 75,000 men.*

Lord Daskar
If you are not the one intended to be reading this letter, look behind you. There should be an assassin there.
 Confidential
I know your predicament, Lord Daskar. Come to Spain, and I will give you command of the Portuguese War. Destroy Portugal, and you will be granted it. I will also grant your beloved Sweden back to you.
[close]
[close]

*Half of the fleet of the Italian states (Numbering 500 in all) sails to break the Portuguese blockade*

To Sagetip
If you are not the one intended to be reading this letter, look behind you. There should be an assassin there.
 Confidential
Greetings, good Sultan. I hope you are in the best of health. I wish your forces leave Sicily, and return to the Empire to safeguard your borders, and that you no longer participate in this war between Russia and I. I will give you half of Sicily, if you so desire, and grant your merchants safe access to the riches of Spain and the Americas. I wish you make the correct choice, great Sultan. 
[close]
[close]
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Lord Daskar

Ash
I thank you, Great Emperor.
But how do you propose I get to Spain? I have 550,000 men with me, not to mention their weapons, supplies, and cannon. Sweden took precautions you see. So in marching to Spain I would be forced to march through enemy territory, something I am not keen on due to the Russian's numbers. Perhaps it would be best if I stay here and pin down Russian, Ottoman, and Portuguese troops with guerrilla warfare.

Lord Daskar
[close]

Cheerful

LT Sandpaw

Letter to the King of Spain's surrender proposal, but Public to all

To the Honorable King of Spain from His majesty the King of the Portuguese Empire, lord of the Netherlands.

In regards to your surrender proposal.

NUTS!

Salutations,
~King Ariepata II
[close]

*Alfanso us summoned off the front lines to attend the funeral of his family. King Sandpaw assigns him 40,000 of the nations elite Portuguese Fusiliers. The general wipeing tears from his eyes gives a short address to his new soldiers.*

"Today the acts of a coward are displayed for all to see. The acts of a king claiming to be the justice of God murders a wife and a young boy in cold blood. The assassins responsible for this act hang before you at the gates of Oporto, however the ruler who gave the order sits on his throne claiming this is justice. I will give him justice. No citizen should die in a war of kings. His royal majesty King Sandpaw has given me these instructions. 'Go take our armies and crush the Spanish. March into Spain and do not stop until the arbitrator of these wicked deeds is in your custody. Bring him before the court of Portugal for charges of heinous war crimes.' And this is what we shall do Fusiliers. Protect your homeland! To battle, glory, or death. For Para Portugal we fight!"

*The 14th Military detachment led by Alfanso ambush the Spanish royal guard outside Oporto. After ten hours of fierce fighting the Royal Guard Surrenders to the Fusiliers after a stunning rear charge by the 50th Militia Division which showed up half way though the battle.*

*The Mediterranean fleet forms up to face the oncoming horde of vessels. The 3rd Dutch fleet arrives to support and the long nines begin blasting away in uncontested firing patterns. The Portuguese utilize smaller more maneuverable Super Frigates to deliver enormous damage to the enemy. While the more powerful 1st rates fire long range weapons.*

*A detachment of runners is set up all over Portugal delivering vital information on enemy movements. The Spanish would be unable to operate within Portugal in any level of secrecy.*

To King Izeroth

Greetings King, I received word of your proposal. I disagree with many of these terms, however I am locked in a war with Spain and have no time to deal with you. Consider these terms for now.

I will give you the some of the lands in the German states, however I will remain in control of both Hanover and Hamburg, plus routs into Sweden. The rest of the terms we shall hammer out together. For now they shall be respected.
I shall now be going to occupy the Spanish Netherlands.

Salutations
~King Sandpaw
[close]

*Commander Loyla and his army abandon a section of the captured German states setting up a new border further down. They then turn Southwest and march into the Spanish Netherlands occupying the land. It is hardly settled, and the Dutch people there welcome them without question.*

To the Allies of Portugal

Greetings greats Kings, Sultan, and Tsar. I must first apologize for my lack of communication with you. I fear that a large network of Spanish spies operates within Portugal. However I must thank the brave forces and leaders of the Ottomans and Russians for their noble acts a million times over. Their assistance against the Spanish heretic has been most welcome.

As you may know the Spanish king is not below sending assassins to murder the families of my commanders. I have vowed vengeance as has my lead General. I am afraid there is no compromise to be had, Spain or Portugal shall fall. There shall be no two ways about it. And Portugal shall not fall without a fight, and a bloody one at that.

I suspect that Spain has bitten off more then she can chew. For now she is at war with four countries. With some prompting we shall bring our allies the Hapsburg monarchy into the picture and Spain shall be outmatched from five sides. She will be forced to surrender or die.

~King Sandpaw II
[close]

*The East Indies fleet attacks the Spanish trading company capturing it for Portugal's use. On land the Portuguese-Indian army invades Spanish controlled lands seizing anything the belonged to the Spanish.*

*Dutch settlers in Africa begin raiding Spanish colonies. A Dutch army called the Dulu is formed with the remains of the Zulu tribe and combats the Spanish forces with incredible vigor.*

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lord Daskar

A Declaration of War.
The remaining Swedish Army, the Norwegian Recruits, and, Lord Daskar, King of all Sweden, hereby declare war on Russia and he allies. For attack without provocation, for the murder of many Swedish people, for the imprisonment of her Majesty, the former Queen, alas, she is with us no more, for uncalled for trickery and deceit, for the destruction of the Swedish Navy, for inciting the Norwegian King against us, for the pillaging of our land, for the destruction of our towns, and many other crimes.

Lord Daskar  Major Alfons Romar  General Derrick Moltke Admiral Paal Kacper Captain Falkvard Vagn The Numerous Others Who Wished To Sign But Would Not Fit.

Cheerful

Søren

To Groddil, highly confidential
Lord Groddil,
We would like you to know that the Polish forces are ready at your command, should you need assistance. Sweden has declared war on us as well, and we shall begin recruitment and training of men to help build up our army for the coming war.
-Soren
[close]

I'm retired from the forum

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Groddil, I'm pretty sure I already said that 7 million troops is unrealistic. One million total military size, MAX. Otherwise, Russia starves to death, and so does your army.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lord Daskar

OOC: *Is happy.* Now I have a chance.

Cheerful

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: With 7 million soldiers, all of Europe combined couldn't stand against Russia. Seeing as Russia has a total population of 13 million in 1700, having over 50% of your population in the military is ludicrous. Soldiers eat, but grow no food...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.