News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

War in 1700 Cont.

Started by Wylder Treejumper, January 28, 2016, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Spain is mine. I'll PM Wylder, and then I'll post IC again.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

*With the Spanish distracted by the Ottoman forces at Madrid King Ariepata orders his two armies to advance simultaneously. The Fusiliers and the Third Militia form the 2nd Portuguese army commanded by General Alfanso, marches north besieging both Vigo and Coruna. The 1st Portuguese army commanded by King Ariepata himself advances southeast to Cadiz establishing a firm defensive line to the north.*

*Commander Loyla succeeds bringing the Spanish Netherlands firmly under his control. The Dutch lords move in quickly aiding in the takeover. Hoping to double their lands the King's army is shunted aside and the Dutch nobility takes over using personal armies and influence to control the Provence.*

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

*The Russian artillery supports a charge on Salamanca. Spanish defenders are overwhelmed as the Russians break down the gates and swarm into the city.*

Hickory

OOC: Whoa, we should stop and wait for Ash. We didn't do battles like this in the other topic on the old forums.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Hickory

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Wait a minute, how did Sandpaw get control of the Spanish Netherlands again?

*The defenders of Salamanca rally at the town square, thanks to their commander, and use kneeling fire to give a devastating volley of fire. The remaining artillery bombards the Russian formations where they are tightest, causing enormous casualties*
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

*Russian artillery retreat to a safe distance. Soldiers begin to organize a charge supported by the cannons.*

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I invaded it a long time ago and you never responded. So I took it without much of a fight.

Hickory

*Ottoman troops at Sicily are bolstered by another 5,000 men, and set sail for Cardinia.

*The citadel at Gothland completes artillery installation. The island is permanently converted into a stronghold.

Groddil

*Russians charge the gates of Salamanca*

LT Sandpaw

*Portuguese soldiers outside Vigo lay siege to the city however no bombardments take place. A letter is sent to the defending colonel requesting he surrenders the city peacefully. Outside Coruna General Alfanso begins a strategic advance with the Fusilier 3rd infantry Division. Soldiers begin taking the outer city securing the store houses containing valuable resources including cotton, many types of metal, and weapons. Cannons are entrenched upon the surrounding hilltops but remain silent.*

*The 1st army advances into Cadiz while Dutch mariners attack from the ocean. Boats loaded with soldiers row towards shore covered by the artillery bombardment from the ships.*

To Emperor Ashenwyte of Spain

Lord Ashenwyte of Spain, your soldiers are outnumbered and outmatched. You do not have the military strength or capability to continue this foolish war. Have your armies surrender and then appear before the court of Portugal for crimes committed against the Empire. If you do so you shall be pardoned by the court and all of Ottoman, Russian, and Portugal occupied Span shall be returned to you.

However the Spanish Netherlands shall remain under the Portuguese flag, and Italian territories captured by the Ottomans shall remain under their control. Furthermore the Czar shall receive all of the Spanish colonies in the Indies. Should you not agree to these terms you shall be tracked down like a rat and all of Spain shall be submitted under foreign rule.

King Ariepata II
[close]

LT Sandpaw

OOC: So you guys want to continue this potentially? I had this idea of doing War in the Americas, 1840s and such. Or maybe a WWII styled war game if that's more your thing.

Blaggut

((Are any nations unclaimed?))
~Just a soft space boi~