News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

War in 1700 Cont.

Started by Wylder Treejumper, January 28, 2016, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

All right, I've finally got everything up to date. If someone who doesn't have a major power (Groddil, maybe?) would please take France, I would be happy- having uncommanded major powers is bad for game balance, power-players tend to take them over and attempt to consolidate unrealistically.

Also, it's perfectly fine- and preferred- to have unified rule of un-unified countries- one king/ruler can control Saxony and Russia, for example, under the same name, to try to avoid confusion.

As moderator, I rule that any occupation of Brandenburg-Prussia cease immediately. The ownership of said country will be ceded to Izeroth.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Groddil

OOC:
Wylder
Me and Ashenwyte are about to take France and split it between us.
[close]
Nobody is in control of Brandenburg at the moment. I took Prussia, but maybe Izeroth could send in some troops and take it back?

Izeroth

OOC: I'm fine with the occupation of Prussia; personally, I think it makes Brandenburg's situation more interesting. I intend to try and take it back on my own at some point, so moderator action isn't necessary.

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lady Ashenwyte

To Izeroth
Greetings, good King. I have noticed your precarious position, and wish to send aid to you, for a small price.
[close]
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

*On the orders of the King of Switzerland, Swiss mercenaries stationed through France abandon their posts. The Swiss Guard in the Papal States leave the Vatican, returning to Switzerland.*

Ashenwyte
*King Liddorg I looks at a clock.*
"How much longer is this going to take? Someone will realize that we are up to something."
[close]

Sagetip
Sultan Sagetip,
I will not stand idly by while you attack my borders and slaughter my people. Half of my entire army is coming with me to the Southern Border. I suggest you meet me there to parley or we will have no choice but to retaliate.
Tsar Vladimir Groddil I, Ruler of the Russian Empire.

OOC:
I am aware that you actually didn't attack, the Tsar is being manipulated by the Chancellor.
[close]

*Tsar Vladimir Groddil I and Dimitri the Merciless march south to Paltova along with 270,000 regular troops and 120,000 cossacks.

Tsar Vladimir Groddil I's private records.

To whoever reading this.
This document contains important information on Russian Troop Movements, for the Tsar's eyes only. Do not read under penalty of death.
Tsar Vladimir Groddil I, Ruler of Russia.

Russian Troop Movements

Troops:
270,000 regular troops and 120,000 cossacks travelling with Tsar Vladimir Groddil I and Dimtri the Merciless to Paltova.
278,300 regular troops and 129,870 cossacks stationed on the Borders.
100,000 serving Lord Soren in Lithuania-Poland.
200,000 stationed across the empire.
45,000 stationed along with the navy at Ingria.
5,000 stationed in North Africa.
1,250 Soldiers and 130 Cossacks killed in the Invasion of Lithuania-Poland.
450 Soldiers killed in the Invasion of Prussia.

Ships:
6 1st Rate ships-of-the-line stationed in North Africa.
94 1st Rate ships-of-the-line docked at Ingria.
200 Ships-of-the-line ranging from 2nd rate to 4th rate docked at Ingria.
300 Frigates docked at Ingria.
400 Sloops docked at Ingria.
[close]
[close]

Lady Ashenwyte

Groddil
"Not long at all." *Magnus the Red walks into the room with a bloody sword* "The negotiations are complete. The princess has agreed to marry you, my Prince."
[close]
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Hey Wylder I have Portugal and Denmark at the moment. Can I claim Norway?

BIC:

Emperor Ashenwyte of Spain,

Great King I have received word that you have stationed soldiers just south of the French border. If you are to invade France I request a small portion of the land claims. Namely the French Southern coast line. From Rochefort, down. For these lands I will send a hundred thousand gold along with the good will of the Portuguese people.

Salutations
~King Sandpaw II
[close]

To The Chancellor of Russia

Me and my advisors have considered these terms. I have decided that I will ask for the Ottoman Empire to halt their advance, however all captured lands will remain theirs. Also any Portuguese operations will go unhindered by Russian involvement.

Salutations
~King Sandpaw II
[close]

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

*50,000 troops move to the Russian-Ottoman border to reinforce the troops already there, bringing an additional 600 artillery batteries with them.

*20,000 troops move out from Constantinople, accompanying the Sultan to the border.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Sandpaw
King Sandpaw,
You have been sending letters to the Tsar, haven't you? If you are a friend of the Tsar, you are no friend of true Russia. Asking the Ottomans to stop, how will Vladimir Groddil be assassinated now? I will have to do it myself, and when I do rest assured, we are coming for you next.
Boyar Ivan Slavic, Chancellor of New Russia.
[close]

*Russian troops in Moscow and St. Petersburg defect to New Russia.*

To whoever reading this.
This document contains important information on Russian Troop Movements, for the Tsar's eyes only. Do not read under penalty of death.

Russian Troop Movements

Troops:
270,000 regular troops and 120,000 cossacks travelling with Tsar Vladimir Groddil I and Dimtri the Merciless to Paltova.
378,300 regular troops and 129,870 cossacks travelling with Chancellor Ivan Slavic to Paltova.
100,000 New Russian defectors making their way to Paltova to join up with the Tsar.

Ships:
[close]
[close]

Meanwhile, in Swizterland...
Ashenwyte
*King Liddorg draws his sword and approaches Magnus.*
"Okay, Emperor Ashenwyte and his 50,000 troops start to take over the country along with my mercenaries. What do we do now, marry these two and be done with it?"
[close]

Izeroth

To Emperor Ashenwyte of Spain
Failure to respect the confidentiality of this letter constitutes a crime against the Kingdom of Brandenburg. Read at your own risk.

confidential
My kingdom is indeed in a state of peril, and I am more than willing to accept any help you can provide. What is the 'small price' you speak of?
[close]
[close]

*Peasants in western Brandenburg revolt against high taxes*

LT Sandpaw

To Tsar Groddil of Russia

Noble Tsar, your continued advance towards the Ottoman border will halt immediately or Portugal will have no choice but to declare war on Russia. This is your only warning. Speak with Sultan Sagetip of the Ottoman Empire, then turn back and return to Moscow. If you ignore this warning it shall be at your own peril.

~King Sandpaw II
[close]

To Sultan Sagetip of the Ottoman Empire

The Russia Tsar is being betrayed by his own Chancellor. Should the Tsar be warned of this impending attack civil war will erupt in Russia leaving them vulnerable. As your ally and fellow ruler I would suggest letting your enemy tear itself apart from within. Raise the white flag of truce and warn the Tsar of his impending betrayal. He will be forced to halt his invasion of the Ottoman Empire, or risk being attacked by Portugal, so he will have no choice but to return to Moscow.
Let this foe stab itself in the heart, as we watch from a safe distance.

Salutations
~King Sandpaw II
[close]

To The Chancellor of Russia

The threats of a man who is betraying his ruler is no man to do dealings with. Such a coup can inspire dangerous idealists to act within any Empire. And do not be so foolish as to think that a nation caught in corruption and civil war is any danger to the growing kingdom of Portugal. Declare yourself my enemy, invade my country, attack my citizens, and you will find your nations burning in the wake of me and my allies wrath.
You have been warned Chancellor.
~King Sandpaw II
[close]

*Military enlistment begin once again in Portugal, this time a massive project to recruit 50,000 Regulars and Mariners is underway. In Lisbon a fourth fleet is under construction, and all along the coast new forts are built, and old ones refurbished.*

*The Portuguese expedition on a trip around the world have made it to Venezuela. They meet with the local Portuguese authorities who resupply the ships for their next leg of the journey around the Horn.*

*In the Netherlands a military force marches across the border into the German states capturing several key bridges and roads. The German states attempt to resist this incursion and fight back fiercely. The Dutch troops not wanting to start open conflict cease their advance treating with the military leaders. However it is clear that they are stalling. The captured roads lead straight into Poland.*

Hickory

Letter to King Sandpaw II
This letter shall be received by Sandpaw and read only by his eyes.
Highly Confidential
Greetings,

Please accept my apologies for not warning you of this event earlier. The Chancellor has offered to help me in betraying the Tsar and thus far I have worked with him to the least extent needed. I would be glad to take the counsel of such a trusted ally as yourself as to this position: Should we ally with the Chancellor and take Russia with him, betray the counsellor and warn the Tsar, thus putting him in our debt, or staying with the Chancellor until the end, where we convince him to stand down, then mount a full fledged attack on Russia.

Warm regards,

The Sultan
[close]
[close]
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Sandpaw
King Sandpaw,
Your lies fall on deaf ears. While the Tsar is away, all of his letters go to me. I know all his plans, and all yours. He had no intention to invade any other countries, but now that I told him Sultan Sagetip is attacking his borders, I am sure he will. He will talk to Sultan Sagetip, but if the Sultan doesn't kill him, I will. Do not bother sending any more letters, the Tsar will be dead before this week is out.
Boyar Ivan Slavic, Chancellor of New Russia.
[close]

*Tsar Vladimir Groddil I and his men reach Paltova.*
*The Chancellor and his rebel forces reach Moscow.*
*The New Russian forces fight amongst each other. The Cossacks desert and head for Paltova to join up with the Tsar. Along the way, they encounter the other deserters.*

Sagetip
*Dimitri the Merciless approaches the border alone.*
"Where is Sultan Sagetip? I would speak with him!"
[close]

To whoever reading this.

Russian Troop Movements

Troops:
378,300 regular troops and travelling with Chancellor Ivan Slavic to Paltova.
100,000 New Russian defectors and 129,870 cossacks making their way to Paltova to join up with the Tsar.

Ships:
[close]
[close]

LT Sandpaw

To Sultan Sagetip
Highly Confidential.

By all means speak with the Tsar and warn him of the betrayal within his court. Should he refuse to listen warn him that Portugal shall fully back the Ottoman Empire, and his country will be destroyed. The Chancellor shall attempt to assassinate the Tsar in any way possible. Should he succeed war between Russia and Portugal will be almost unavoidable as me and the Chancellor are not fond of each other. Should the Tsar be successful with our backing then he shall be forever in our debt as you have pointed out. I trust in your judgment Sultan, should we be successful then both our countries will prosper. And even if this plan fail we shall be in better position to recover.

Salutations
~King Sandpaw II
[close]
[close]