News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Elder Scrolls.

Started by Lady Ashenwyte, February 08, 2016, 08:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

No, entertainment is a necessary part of life - much more necessary than work or schooling. If you devote all of your time to work and school you will be miserable your entire life, unless said things also qualify as entertainment for you (E. g. authors work because they enjoy it, translators get to watch movies etc. etc.).
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Delthion

I am saying this technically and logically, without any regard to emotion, yes you will be miserable, but you will have been productive all of your life for the good of humanity. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

Emotion is deeply ingrained in us, and it's there for a reason. When discussing what we should and shouldn't do, to disregard it is illogical. A miserable worker is less productive than a happy worker. I also disagree with the notion of 'productivity' being the most important thing. We're all going to die anyway- for someone to waste all of their time being 'productive' is a tragedy.

Has anyone played Elder Scrolls: Legends? It's a pretty decent card game, though I can't see it living as long or being as popular as Hearthstone.

Lady Ashenwyte

Some people I know said it was better than Hearthstone. I haven't played it yet, though.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rusvul

It's slightly more complex but has vastly less card variety. The two-lane mechanic adds another element of strategy, but the game only has 12 keywords (as opposed to Hearthstone's 22 or MTG's 119) and a eight of them (prophecy, breakthrough, guard, regenerate, charge, ward, lethal, and drain) are the same for every creature, and while they have a significant effect on the game, they aren't as fun as Hearthstone's widely varied and hugely random cards. I think a few expansions in it might be really good, but right now there's not enough card variety for my liking.

Of course, I say this as a casual noobscrub (admittedly, one with experience in other T/CCGs) with no interesting in playing competetively. ESL is probably a better competetive game due to its two lanes, lack of random luck, and lack of rock-paper-scissors mechanics (drastically different decks are more evenly matched than in Hearthstone, you're less likely to come up against an enemy whose deck counters yours perfectly.) It very well might be a better-designed game, but it isn't more fun.