News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Music!

Started by Søren, February 20, 2016, 10:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

I just realized we don't have a thread dedicated to our favorite songs or musical talents on this forum. That problem has been solved.
Here you can talk about your favorite artists; bands; songs; albums; instruments; genres and all that stuff!

For musicians, see this thread.

As is well-documented, my favorite bands include Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy, Passion Pit, Panic! At the Disco, My Chemical Romance and OneRepublic. How about you?

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

There are some artist jets Inlike, Bach, Telemann, Vivaldi... ;D
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

You mean those wannabes? ;D ;D

Hickory

Quote from: Søren on February 20, 2016, 11:47:54 PM
Mozart was around almost two centuries ago, and they're still important nowadays. Will Owl City be as memorable 200 years from now?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Sagetip on February 21, 2016, 02:20:10 AM
Mozart was around almost two centuries ago, and they're still important nowadays. Will Owl City be as memorable 200 years from now?

I dunno, I head Fireflies paying on the radio the other day.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Søren

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on February 21, 2016, 05:29:18 AM

And I've been listening to MCR songs from 2002. ¯\_(?)_/¯

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Søren on February 21, 2016, 06:58:27 PM
Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on February 21, 2016, 05:29:18 AM

And I've been listening to MCR songs from 2002. ¯\_(?)_/¯

Fourteen years isn't two hundred. :P

I can't really pick any 'top five' favourite artists, but I can tell you that the only band I listen to consistently is Fall Out Boy. :P (Thank you, Jet)

Jetthebinturong

Bahahahahahahahahaha.

You're welcome.

Anyway, as everyone knows, my favourite bands/artists are Queen, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco and Troye Sivan.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

*Raises hand* Actually I didn't know that you like Queen.

But anyway. Anyone else on a favourite-artist listening binge?

Jetthebinturong

I am a British human being, it's basically a requirement to like Queen.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

@Cornflower MM It's been all My Chemical Romance, all the time for me this week or so. I discovered Danger Days, and shall now continue to delve.

Delthion

Favorite groups... The Clancy Brothers with Tommy Makem, Tommy Makem and Liam Clancy, Tommy Makem, Orla Fallon, Makem and Spain, the Makem Brothers, the Makem and Spain Brothers, Silly Wizard, The Battlefield Band...probably more. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

OWL CITY!!!! (I wasn't going to sign in, just checking up on you guys, but saying Owl City is basically the same as saying Accio Mask!) ;D

I, for one, will still remember Owl City 200 years from now...

I love Owl City.

I've also been listening to OneRepublic a lot lately.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Conrad the Painless

I like some of the popular bands, such as MGMT, as well as others with unique sound. In all honesty, I like these smaller bands on soundcloud that are genuinely interesting in terms of genre and sound. These include Whitewoods, Killer Mike, and Rennard Queenston.
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."