News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Adventures of Sir Fredrick

Started by LT Sandpaw, February 22, 2016, 08:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Unfortunately, this man was very clumsy, he tripped and drowned in a river.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

But his restless spirit continued the quest, showed up at Fredrick's house where said devil was sleeping, and tapped on his shoulder.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

The spirit dissolved as soon as it came in contact with the solid material.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

But so did Fredrick; his spirit was transported to the netherworld to give account of his many doings, good and bad, and face his judgment.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Thankfully, Sir Fredrick had many contacts in the netherworld, and so was put back in the real world.

James Gryphon

Unfortunately for Fredrick the Depraved, the real world he was put into consisted of a bottomless pit full of fire.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Thankfully, he was sent to a world of plenty, after the teleporting people recognized their mistake.

James Gryphon

This was a world of plenty for everyone but Fredrick the Depraved; the presiding executioner, a knight named Sir Fredrick, lopped off his head and sent him back to the pit of fire to stay for the rest of eternity.

---

Having done his duty for the king and all humanity, and growing restless with serving as an executioner, Sir Fredrick decides to leave his castle home to begin an adventure. Needing armor, he decides to head to the village blacksmith and buy some.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

The blacksmith being his father, Sir Fredrick receives a set of Milan armor for nothing.

James Gryphon

Unfortunately, as the blacksmith believed that all children should work for their living and didn't believe in free handouts, he gave his son a set of armor that was rusted and good for as much as it was paid for.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Thankfully, after Sir Fredrick set out and polished his armor, he realized that the rust was easily removable.

James Gryphon

Unfortunately, it was only easily removable with WD-4000, of which there was none in that part of the world.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

So he went to another world, got it and came back.

James Gryphon

But this world, a world of his own, existed only in his mind. So when he came to and returned to reality, he was still empty-handed.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

So he went back to the blacksmith, who had repented of his evil deeds.