News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Steve Jobs

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, October 06, 2011, 02:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Steve Jobs (1955-2011) was the co-founder and chairman of Apple Inc., and passed away today.
He's left a mark on the field of computers and his genius and visionary contributions will be missed in this field.
...launched Apple in 1976. Their first project, the Apple I, wasn't much to look at — just an assembled circuit board. Anyone who bought it had to add the case and keyboard. But it was enough for Jobs to convince Mike Markkula, a semi-retired Intel engineer and product marketing manager, that personal computing was the future.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life," Jobs said. "Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Lily

He apparently once said, "I want to put a ding in the universe." I think he did just that.

R.I.P., Steve Jobs.

DanielofRedwall

Received mostly negative reviews.

Lutra

RIP, Steve, definitely one who took chances and was rewarded for what he did manage to do, and do well. :)  Should be a role model for many to keep trying and don't quit because one thing went wrong.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Steve Jobs' Commencement Speech at Stanford, about opportunities in life.
If you haven't seen it yet, I'd recommend spending 15 minutes and doing so.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Of interest, Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman will be hosting iGenius: How Steve Jobs Changed the World, this Sunday on Discovery Channel, at 8 PM EST.

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Ungatt Trunn

May he rest in peice! He was a great man, who invented great thing....ies! He will be remembered :'(!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Buzz_Bumble

Steve Jobs didn't really invent anything himself. He did have a great mind for coming up with ideas and spotting ideas that he thought would be great, but it was other people at Apple (and Pixar and NExT) who did the actually work of making it a reality. He was great at finding the brilliant poeple to make his ideas a reality though, starting way back in the pre-Apple days with Steve Wozniack.

Before his death Steve Jobs set-up a "schedule" of ideas, innovations, and products to be released over the next few years. Apple is still working through that list today, no doubt with extra additions of their own. Rumours of up-coming devices are the "iTV" television set and the "iWatch" wristwatch that links with your iPhone / iPad / etc.

There's various documentaries around and a few different history / biography books. There's also two movies based on Steve Jobs. The first is a web-movie called iJSteve that is part-parody and has just been released at that link. Next is a proper Hollyweird movie called Jobs due in cinemas later this year starring Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs.

Rusvul

Steve Jobs was awesome. He had a huge impact on the world, possibly the most positive impact in my lifetime. (Which isn't that long, he actually started making macs a while before I was born :P) Rest In Peace.