News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Tabletop gaming

Started by psybox, March 28, 2016, 09:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Quote from: Groddil on April 19, 2016, 11:17:39 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on April 19, 2016, 11:08:14 PM
  Yeah, we have the base Munchkin, as well as Munchkin 2: Unnatural Axe.  Sadly, my family doesn't play it too much (my mom and dad hate the game, so on the extremely rare chance we all play a game together, Munchkin is never picked). I tried getting some people at school into it, but it just never caught on.

You puttin' words in my mouth, boi?

;)

That does suck, though.  Same with me and Dungeons & Dragons.  I don't really know how to play it (all my knowledge of the game comes from a YouTube series I watched of four guys playing it), I don't know anyone near me who knows how to play it, and none of my family is interested in playing it.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

James Gryphon

Avalon sounds more like a cross between The Resistance's mechanics and Shadows of Camelot's theme.

We rarely play physical games at our house, but there's been a few that've caught on fire in the past: Scotland Yard, Sorry! Sliders, and Monopoly Deal, among others.
« Subject to editing »

psybox

Avalon is an updated rerelease of Resistance with a couple new mechanics.  It's basically the same game, and it's made by the same people.

Rainshadow

Quote from: James Gryphon on April 20, 2016, 01:22:04 AM
We rarely play physical games at our house, but there's been a few that've caught on fire in the past: Scotland Yard, Sorry! Sliders, and Monopoly Deal, among others.

Eyyyy, I love playing Scotland Yard!  Specifically playing Mr. X, because playing him is so incredibly fun.  :D

Quote from: psybox on April 20, 2016, 02:18:51 AM
Avalon is an updated rerelease of Resistance with a couple new mechanics.  It's basically the same game, and it's made by the same people.

Huh, I didn't know that!  That's interesting.

Regardless if it's the same game, though, Avalon is still really fun to play.  Especially with my friends (AKA Icefire (if anyone even remembers her anymore :P) and her siblings), because Icee's little bro (who's about my age) is really, really good at doing different voices, so he always does the narration in the beginning and can make us laugh every time at his ad lib lines.  ;D  Also, Icee's other little bro (who's older than the first one I mentioned) is hilarious to play with, because even if he isn't an Agent of Mordred, everyone just assumes he is and puts all the blame on him, never taking him on quests or anything.  xD  It's so incredibly easy to throw him under the bus if you're an Agent of Mordred and you go on a quest with him.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Lady Ashenwyte

Getting into Kings of War . Reminds of the good old days of Warhammer Fantasy.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

W0NWILL

I snapped a quick picture of our game collection.

Yeah, that's as much as I could get with one picture. I could snag a couple close ups if people want a closer look. So we got all of those, plus one more closet for children's games, and two bookshelves.

Yeah, I've played Munchkin a lot too. Haven't in a while, though I'd absolutely love to play it more. My Dwarves Fly is pretty similar, but not exactly. It's got a very similar asthetic as well. Killer Bunnies is probably my favorite card game. In a nutshell, you have bunnies and you try to find carrots while killing the other players' bunnies. It's way more complicated than that, and going into depth would take too much time at the moment, so I probably won't unless people want me to explain it.

James Gryphon

@Basil: Will you inherit all of that?

If so, one guess who just became my new forum crush.

;)

That is a seriously impressive collection. I'm surprised by how many of those are less well known; no "Scrabble" or "Monopoly" there. Clearly somebody has some taste for games.
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

:o

That's a massive collection.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Matthias720

That collection makes the one my family has look downright casual.

Rainshadow

@Batty:  *Eye twitch*  You have... you have Splendor... and Dominion...  *War flashbacks*  (The only time I've played either game, I remember really hating them for no reason other than that I just wasn't in the right mood to play games at the time, thus making me not enjoy playing them.  :P)

Wylder Treejumper

All the strategy games I've ever played, and my favorite game is still... Risk. ::)

Well, Super Ultra-Dimensional Empire Risk to be exact, but still...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jukka the Sling

@BatLord:  Wow, that's an amazing collection!  (And on a random, somewhat weird note, your house's baseboard and doorknobs look exactly like the ones in my house. :P)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on April 21, 2016, 03:49:19 PM
All the strategy games I've ever played, and my favorite game is still... Risk. ::)

THE GALACTIC EMPIRE invaded WESTEROS. What will your next move be?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Sagetip on April 21, 2016, 10:06:44 PM

To applaud. ;D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Hickory

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on April 22, 2016, 07:31:26 PM
Quote from: Sagetip on April 21, 2016, 10:06:44 PM

To applaud. ;D
You picked NEGOTIATE.

DARTH VADER: Submit.

WESTEROS ALLIANCE: No!

Press 1 to skip cutscene.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.