News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Cozy topic

Started by Cornflower MM, April 22, 2016, 11:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

You're in a room with a few fireplaces, tents, blankets, and pillows spread everywhere. Over to one side of the room, you see a table with stacked plates and cups that are magic and fill with the perfect amount of whatever you want. There's a few TVs and computers, and a few nooks and crannies that are dim, and a supply of lamps and flashlights for those. Otherwise the light is perfect for reading. Scattered around are movies and books, free to be picked up and read. There's also a few notebooks and pens for those who'd like to write down stories.

In other words, it's a perfect place to be cozy and fandom-y.
Can we play nice in this topic please? Keep all the goriness and blood-thirsting in the other topics in the Cellars?
And no hating something unless you've read/seen/played it, please. ;)
And one lats thing - The topic name is inspired from a topic of Rachel's on the old forum, so if you want me to change it, Rachy, I will, although our topics are slightly different.

*Grabs a cup that fills with hot chocolate and settles in a comfy chair with City of Fallen Angels*

Rainshadow

"YES, OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED TODAY!" Rain croaked as she quickly grabbed a mocha-filled mug and a fuzzy blanket, wrapped herself in the blanket, and sat down on a comfy couch in front of the TV to watch Haikyuu!!.  "Anyone wanna join me?" she squeaked, the cold having taken her voice and left nothing but a pitiful squawking noise for her to communicate with.

Don't mind me, just casually typing as though I'm RPing.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Cornflower MM

Corny puts down her book and looks over at Rain, "Well I dunno, what's it about?" She asks, taking a sip of her hot chocolate.

Well why not, sounds fun, haha

Jetthebinturong

Inside a blanket fort, Jet held - or was as near as possible to holding - a strange object in his hand. It looked like a house that had been divided into almost quarters. It was mysteriously intangible, and he was just kind of staring at it as if waiting for it to do something. Every so often he would shake it and peer into it. "If you're supposed to be a gateway into the canon, surely I should be able to see the Epilogue through you," he muttered. He shook the object again it glowed blue, orange, red and black and flickered with mysterious symbols before turning translucent again.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Rain looked at Hana, a fangirl-like smile slowly spreading across her face.  "Well, IT'SAVOLLEYBALLANIMEABOUTASHORTGUYNAMEDHINATAWHO *gasp* WANTSTOBECOMETHEGREATESTSPIKEREVERBUTHEGOESUPAGAINST *gasp* THISGUYNAMEDKAGEYAMAWHO'SCALLEDTHE"KINGOFTHECOURT"BECAUSE *gasp* HE'SREALLYBOSSYANDHINATAANDKAGEYAMABECOMERIVALS *gasp* BUTTHENHINATASTARTSHIGHSCHOOLANDHEFINDSOUTTHAT *gasp* KAGEYAMAISONHISTEAMSOTHEYCAN'TBERIVALSANDTHEYHAVETO *gasp* WORKTOGETHERANDBETEAMMATESANDIT'SREALLYCUTEANDGOODAND *gasp* ILOVEITALOTIT'SSUCHAGOODANIMEWANNAWATCHIT?"

Translation from fangirl to English
"Well, it's a volleyball anime about a short guy named Hinata who wants to become the greatest spiker ever but he goes up against this guy named Kageyama who's called the "King of the Court" because he's really bossy and Hinata and Kageyama become rivals but then Hinata starts high school and finds out that Kageyama is on his team so they can't be rivals and they have to work together and be teammates and it's really cute and good and I love it a lot it's such a good anime wanna watch it?"
[close]
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Hickory

Sage, trying to fit in, quickly grabbed his Xbone and a copy of Fallout 4 and started playing. Furiously clicking buttons and constantly engaging VATS, he noticed everyone staring at the gore filled screen. "Sorry," he said, switching to Minecraft.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Rainshadow

"B-but Fallout..." Rain croaked, raising her hand pitifully at the screen as it changed from the epic game to the overplayed one.

Cornflower MM

Corny, who hadn't really noticed the gory screen, (Having brother-in-laws have enabled her to tune things like that out) stared at Rain. "Um. Sure?" She said after deciphering the definite fangirl-ish-ness. On her way to sit by Rain, she popped her head into Jet's tent. "Any luck?"

Aimless Gallivanter

Galli walks in, wraps herself in seven cozy blankets, and joins Rain at the TV.
"I'm not really into sports anime, but a lot of my friends love Haikyuu!!, so I might as well join in, if you don't mind. I'll probably end up reading my book though." She holds up  Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo.
im gay!!!!!!

Rainshadow

Rain glared at Galli's book and shoved it down, exclaiming as loudly as she could (which was at just above a whisper), "NO!  YOU SHALL WATCH HAIKYUU!! AND ONLY HAIKYUU!!.  NOTHING ELSE WILL DO."  And with that, she started up the first episode and stared at the screen, smiling like an idiot because of her happiness to share the experience of Haikyuu!! with two other people.

Aimless Gallivanter

Galli laughs and resigns herself to watching Haikyuu!!, and only Haikyuu!!, and probably enjoys it.
im gay!!!!!!

Cornflower MM

Corn burst out laughing, glancing from the screen, to Rain, to Galli's book, and then to the screen again. "Goofs," she muttered affectionately as she moved to sit by Rain after getting no reply from Jet.

Rainshadow

Rain glanced back and forth between Galli and Hana every ten seconds or so to make sure that they were enjoying themselves, because Rain suddenly felt insecure about showing this amazing anime to other people.

(In all honesty, though, Haikyuu!! is a really good anime.  I haven't seen more than four or five episodes, but I'm really loving it so far.)

Hickory

Sage pats Rain's hand. Secretly, he's happy, since it gives him an excuse to play Fallout,many he switches back.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Aimless Gallivanter

(In all honesty, I wasn't planning on watching this, since my first (and last) experience with a sports anime was kind of disappointing. But since you seem so excited about it, I'll take your word for it and check it out sometime.)

Galli gets a cup of Coca-Cola, since her blood is 80% of the stuff.
im gay!!!!!!