News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Imperial Navy Headquaters and Notice Board (RP)

Started by Hickory, May 23, 2016, 10:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

"Here," said a bored-looking flat faced man in his mid years, behind a desk. He was busy writing out a report, but stopped for Grizzle. "Name and battalion, please..."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

"Grizzle, and apparently, I'm supposed to be with the 212th battalion. But I want to speak to somebody in charge."

Hickory

Rolling his eyes, the officer ignored Grizzle's request and typed in the information. "Room twelve," he said. "I have to say, bad luck to you if you got stationed in Thyferra. Most boring place in the sector, if you ask me. Nothing but trees for miles."

Groddil

Grizzle made no movements towards room twelve.
"What is the 212th battalion anyway? Stormtroopers? I'm no stormtrooper. Where is the man in charge of this station?"

Hickory

Putting down his report, the man looked up at Grizzle. "The 212th is one of the utmost fighting battalions, meant for soldiers in the top tier. It was Commander Cody's battalion in the Clone Wars, if you've heard of that. And, buddy, if you're told to be a stormtrooper, you'd better he one, cause the Empire doesn't take no for an answer.

"Oh, and Major Jak is up top. I'd make your interview quick, he's short tempered and the new recruits are due on the ground in fifteen minutes."

Groddil

"I've spent ten years commanding a bloody starfleet. The amount of times I've fought on the ground can be counted on one hand. So if the Empire thinks I'm going in the 'utmost fighting battalion, meant for soldiers in the top tier,' I'm going back to Vanadlum."
Grizzle stormed off towards Major Jak's office.

Hickory

Without blinking the recruitment officer turns back to his report. Upon seeing Grizzle moving towards the elevator the two closest stormtroopers level their guns at him. "Sorry, that's restricted."

Groddil

Grizzle scoffed.
"Says who? The recruitment officer told me to see Major Jak, and his office is this way, isn't it?"

Hickory

The two troopers exchanged glances before stepping aside. "Fine," one of them says. "Go up. Make it quick."

Groddil

"THANK you, for your wonderful co-operation."
Grizzle stepped into the elevator. Once the doors had shut, he began muttering to himself.
"What have I gotten myself into? Join the Empire, they said. Pays better, they said. If I live more than a day."
At the sound of a ding, the new recruit cleared his throat, straightened his uniform, and stepped into Major Jak's office.
"Major? I was sent here to speak with you."

Hickory

The older man sitting behind the desk turned around to see Grizzle. "Speak to me about what?"

Groddil

Grizzle straitened up and stared straight at the Major.
"My...placement. The recruitment officer said that I was being put in a battalion with the best of the best stormtroopers. I certainly don't qualify for that. I've spent my life commanding ships, not being ground support. I believe I'd be better for you somewhere else."

Hickory

"Um."

Jak blinked at Grizzle. "That's really supposed to be the Board's choice, but I guess I could try and station you somewhere else. It's not really allowed to put you in charge of a fleet or a large cruiser, but there's a new Tartan-class that needs a captain..."

He pulled up an image in his monitor and showed it to Grizzle.

Groddil

Grizzle's face lit up instantly.
"Tartan-class, you say? Crew of 50, anti-fighter ship, am I right? Much better than being on the ground; I'll take it, thank you Major. So, what is this ship called, and where do I find it?"

Hickory

"She's the Fantome, she's idle in port 5 with a crew ready. I'll see if I can find anything for you to do besides patrols... Head over there and get her prepared, I'll get you a mission."