News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Cellars Election: 2016

Started by Søren, June 08, 2016, 06:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for Cellar President!

Ashleg (VP: Groddil)
Sweet Cloggo (VP: Plugg Firetail)

Gonff the Mousethief

5 minutes left! Here we go!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Gonff the Mousethief

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Gonff the Mousethief

I guess you can pick Mr. President. A parting gift of giving us a new President.

However, that you upset half of the forum.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Søren

Cloggo would've won by a single vote. I vowed not to vote back when the groups started to mud sling. Shame, really. This could've been finished days ago. ::) We could let it go one more day.

Gonff the Mousethief

That's sounds alright, unless you want to finish it all. Because a majority of the forum as already voted.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Søren

James Gryphon

Any "democracy", which you claim you want, needs a tiebreaking mechanism or resolution. Hoping that somebody else will come along and vote the difference isn't really a viable solution. What if, at the end of the new voting period, two people voted, and it remained tied?

Besides deciding the winner yourself, you could let Banya choose (which seems in line with the very minimal role for your 'office'), or you could have a Co-Presidency, or you could give up on having a presidency (my preferred solution ;D).
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

We could just have that BBQ I mentioned earlier.

The Skarzs

Eh. Let's have the barbecue and laugh the whole thing off. ;D

. . . Kinda feel bad that after all the work put into it it seems there won't be much in the way of solid decision, though. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

@Banya can declare the winner. Any pleas, cases or convincing arguments can be directed to her using the Mentions system.  O:-)

Groddil

@Banya:

Welp, I guess this is where I make my final pleas. If you set the whole "Cellar President" business in motion, would you want it to die after just two years? I think not. Because if what the election has come to is that we choose a fictional character, who is completely unable to do anything, including the election next year, over an actual forum member, why even have it? Ashleg is a great guy. He's done a lot for us, and is one of the nicest people I know. Yet, he hasn't been recognized. No season naming, no awards, barely any recognition whatsoever. If anyone deserves this, it's Ash. He actually tried to get the voters on his side. How has Clogg gotten votes? Because people who were originally going to vote for Wylder decided to vote for Clogg when Wylder withdrew his campaign. I would have no problem if it WAS ACTUALLY WYLDER who is going to win, but it isn't. It's a fictional character. While some might argue that "even though Clogg can't do anything, Wylder will run the next election for him," or something like that, it isn't true. Wylder said himself, that he wouldn't be very active for about two years. I don't see Ashleg going anywhere, at least not right now. So why? Why back a non-existent candidate whose main supporter won't be very active anymore? It makes no sense.

(No offence intended to Wylder, or anyone else for that matter, it's just that if he isn't going to be that active, Ashleg is a better choice.)

James Gryphon

@Groddil: Not a bad appeal. If I was going to vote (other than to cause a tie ;) ) that would've probably done it for me. Emphasizing Ashleg's character is a better strategy than attacking Clogg.
« Subject to editing »